December 20, 2006

Travel Essentials: Shoes

One of the things that take up the most space in a suitcase is footwear. Seriously, when I packed up my dorm room, I literally had a whole box full of shoes and I didn't even realised I owned that much footwear. So what are the essentials one packs for a holiday?
A must have are nice comfortable sneakers. Shown here are Hogan (left) and Puma by Alexander McQueen (right) sneakers. I personally am loving my black patent Hogans, because not only do they look good and are comfortable, they're waterproof too! No wet feet-ever.
As a girly girl, I must also have a pair of comfortable pretty shoes to go with everything. What better than flats? For winter, I am loving flats, whether is it ballerina style or loafer style (as the one shown above from Tod's). For summer, I have my metallic RL thongs, although these one shown are Musa from net-a-porter.
Then of course there is the fashionable and not neccessarily comfortable shoes. For winter, I bring classic ankle boots (they also save space!), like these ones (left) from Steve Madden. For summer, I love my Miu Miu platform sandals from last season. These ones shown here (right) though are much more seasonally versatile and they're from Burberry.

Last but not least, there are the party/evening heels that one simply MUST bring. Bring black pumps (pointy or otherwise) for winter (these adorable ones are from Dior) and bring silver sandals (like these sexy Jimmy Choo's) for summer. That way, they match all color outfits. Every girl needs a pair of smashing heels right?

So these are my footwear essentials (I know, I don't live lightly!), what are yours?

15 Comments:

Blogger molly said...

wow amazing header! very lovely.

i love those flats. tres chic.

12/22/2006 3:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across this blogg, and I absolutely LOVE it!

I understand that you lived in Paris for some time studying and I am actually going to mexico in january to do the same thing (on semester in a different country)
I love how you give little tips on what to bring on holiday, but what when it comes to going away for a longer periode of time? I will have the hardest time selecting what clothes, shoes, bags and accesory to bring. Anything you're really glad you brought with you or anything you regret leaving behind? I would love to get some thoughts on that subject!

12/22/2006 4:04 AM  
Blogger Cool Like Chloe said...

i love each and every single one of those shoes!!

12/22/2006 9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As an Australian who travels frequently between Melbourne and Brisbane, I would say a nice pair of thongs are absolutely essential when holidaying during Summer! For evening wear, I love my material platforms- they look very chic and wholesome with floating evening dresses, particularly Australian summer dresses which tend to be quite colourful and floaty!

12/22/2006 10:26 AM  
Blogger mareGa said...

I'm a sneakers and flats girl. And those McQueen/Puma ones are amazing!

12/22/2006 11:15 AM  
Blogger Moi said...

Love your Miu Miu platform sandals! Make me very envious :)

P.s. your blog is fabulous! Can we exchange links? I've linked you at mine at Ma Petite Chou, http://ma-petite-chou.blogspot.com.

12/22/2006 11:32 AM  
Blogger the.vanity.princess said...

i'm loving your site and i am definitely loving those shoes. i only wish my luggage bag was big enough for me to put all my shoes in there!

12/23/2006 10:40 AM  
Blogger Barneys Girl said...

anon 8.04: The shoes I mentioned were the only ones i brought for my 10 week trip. Sneakers, flats, ankle boots, heels. It worked well, but I did wish I'd brought my long boots too. Bagwise, I mentioned what I brought in my last post too. Really wish I'd brought a medium sized bag and a small casual bag clutch/shoulder bag. Have fun in Mexico!

12/24/2006 6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These shoes are beautiful...I've found some interesting models also for fall fashion and winter fashion. Look at that!

10/24/2007 8:28 PM  
Blogger freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,

9/24/2009 8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From stylish eve , home decorating ideas , handmade crafts , fashion clothes , beauty tips , beautiful women , home improvement , home and garden , arts and crafts plus family care , arts and crafts , greeting cards , food recipes , main dishes , beverages , salad recipes , appetizers recipes , sandwiches recipes , desserts recipes , paintings , drawings , oil painting , acrylic painting , watercolor painting , portrait drawing , beautiful women , fashion sketches , hairstyles , body care , makeup tips , gift ideas , hair care , gardening , home improvement , home decorating ideas

1/30/2010 7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bathroom ideas , bedroom decoration ideas , dining room decorating ideas , home accessories , lighting for the home , Home Office Ideas , Interior Design Ideas , kids room decor , kitchen decorating ideas , Living room decorating ideas , moroccan decor , home storage , wall decorations and rugs and carpets , gift wrapping ideas , gift ideas , hand care , foot care , gift wrapping ideas

1/30/2010 7:02 AM  
Anonymous online movies watch said...

Just one word : awesome, keep them coming
Online movies watch free
Online movie streaming

2/25/2010 8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

коттедж
восстановление зрения
зеленый лазер
электрошокер

7/15/2010 6:15 PM  
Anonymous Sydney said...

Thank you for the article, really useful data.
SIRLOIN STEAK WITH SAUCES

12/08/2011 12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home