April 23, 2008

Nokia 7900 Crystal Prism

The Nokia PR machine has been sending out the new Nokia 7900 Crystal Prism to quite a few fashion bloggers lately, and we were one of the lucky few to receive one. At first it was all very mysterious: all we knew was that the phone was going to be designed by a designer with a major mobile phone manufacturer. I was very hesitant as I am now jaded by all the designer mobile phones in the market, and quite honestly, only a collaboration between Nokia (my ideal mobile phone brand) and a really prominent fashion designer, think Marc Jacobs, Balenciaga and Miu Miu (in my dreams), would pique my interest. So when it was revealed that the designer was Frederique Daubal, I was honestly a bit disappointed.Last week I received the phone. To start with, the packaging is superb -way too pretty to be a mobile phone box. It took me awhile to figure out how to open the box, although this is probably because I haven't bought a new phone in the past 6 years.I have to admit, I wasn't expecting much. Thankfully, the phone turned out way prettier than I thought it would be. Before, I had been very resistant to the idea of a bright pinkish purple phone, (I'm more of a silver or black sort of girl,) but the effect is pretty fab -the design is striking and the crystal at the center definitely adds a dose of girliness to it. The phone is thinner than anticipated (Nokia was never big on thin phones,) which is good, but I don't like how long it is.

Thinking back, I remember a few of my girl friends who were looking for new phones last summer saying how much they loved the prism design. I just realised they were cooing over the Nokia 7500, the predecessor of the 7900. It basically has the same gorgeous black keyboard. Unfortunately, as lovely as the design is, I'm just a boring girl who wants an ordinary keyboard. This is way too avant garde for me!
As for the specs, there is the good and the bad. The good is that the screen is an OLED screen so the colours are really bright and cool. The bad is that the camera is a very standard 2 megapixel one. I would have expected a higher megapixel camera for a 'fashion' phone, because really, vain, fashionable girls are all about having their photos taken!

Style Bubble blogged about this phone last week, and it wasn't until I saw her photos that I realised there was another 'level' of goods in the box -including a badanna and phone pouch-both in flashy, metallic purple. (See what I mean? I am obviously so out of touch that I can't even figure out the box has two levels!)
So if you're looking for a high-tech phone, this is probably not for you. But if you're one of the fun and girly girls who want something cute and 'designed' to hold onto, then go check it out. I certainly like the Prada phone more, but this definitely beats out some of the other fashion phones out there. *coughdvfcough* *coughannasuicough* For more actual information on the phone, see Nokia's website.

Image Credits: Nokia and the blog's

30 Comments:

Blogger awongwong said...

the phone design is cute, but i think i would rather spend the money on another phone with more high tech components.

4/23/2008 12:33 PM  
Blogger -annabanana- said...

so lucky!!! it looks so gorgeous but I'm into sony ericsson.

4/23/2008 3:00 PM  
Anonymous Janet said...

It's technical Specifications is great, Size Dimensions 112 x 45 x 11.3 mm, Net Weight 101 g Display Type OLED, 16M colors Size 240 x 320 pixels, 2 inches Camera Resolution 2MP Video,awesome product.

4/23/2008 5:28 PM  
Blogger Poh-E said...

it looks alike as vertu

4/23/2008 7:13 PM  
Blogger Alysia said...

that keypad would drive me crazy.

4/23/2008 9:00 PM  
OpenID Sass said...

It looks pretty on the front but the graphics on the back make it a bit too street and less chic for me. I agree with going with simple, more high tech, black or silver. At the end of the day, it's just more slick and easy to match with outfits.

4/23/2008 9:37 PM  
Blogger ~Angela~ said...

Oh, that's super cute.

But I'll stick with my Rumor.

4/23/2008 10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Nokia has been trouble-free for six years so I would definitely consider buying another one. Also, I prefer a longer phone although it's archaic-looking; I think it's more comfortable and easier to use. If you don't really care for it, send it to me! ;-)

4/23/2008 11:31 PM  
Anonymous mari said...

I would love for your blog to be a part of blog4reel.com - the first ever blog-to-film competition. And it is free! All u do is link this blog to our site for a chance to win! – Mari

4/24/2008 12:10 AM  
Blogger Juliet said...

You got to keep those? Nice :D.

juliet xxx

4/24/2008 3:39 AM  
Anonymous Ice Princess said...

Wow, a free phone--lucky, lucky. I'm not much of a Nokia person though and would rather get an LG Prada than this one or I might even wait for the Armani-designed one from Samsung...

4/24/2008 5:57 AM  
Blogger Natty said...

Functionality over style with phone everytime for me. I had the Prada phone and man was it a pain to use. I sold it on ebay in the end! I prefer my old Samsung brick!

4/24/2008 6:38 AM  
Blogger Knikki said...

Yeah, not really impressed...

But designer phones are just supposed to look good just like designer sunglasses. Regular sports ones like oakley are almost always polarized whereas designer sunglasses are not because that's not what they are about. They want cool designs and shapes rather than an athletic look.

Same with the phone. They want people to go "CUTE!" when one of their gf's pulls one out. Not, "how many megapixels does your camera have?"

Know what I mean?

4/24/2008 9:26 AM  
Anonymous menj said...

i have the prada phone and it took me weeks to decide which designer phone to buy. i looked at every high scale phone. the prism is cool but isn't very upto date with technology. Prada is the best, it's light. so so so sexy. i can't even count how many people have stopped me on the street or at a public place to admire my phone. it's actually getting quite annoying. it's a great great phone! totlaly worth it.

check out the chanel concept phone

4/24/2008 10:37 AM  
Blogger AR said...

hmm.. it's definitely a cute phone. it's good to see that nokia is coming up with something other than the old clunky phones.

4/24/2008 11:11 AM  
Anonymous nyan said...

damnn it's so cute, I'm jealous!

4/24/2008 1:29 PM  
Blogger Savvy Gal said...

I will be going back to Nokia phone when I am ready to change phone again. I really like the pink phone. Well, maybe because it's pink.

4/24/2008 2:40 PM  
Blogger Phoebe said...

The next month, i buy it!!!!

4/24/2008 4:46 PM  
Blogger ~Angela~ said...

What networks does this phone work on?

4/24/2008 10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really, really want this phone. =) the colours are just perfect and its 'just a phone' which i love!

who needs a really good camera when u can just have a camera too!

im only disappointed by the fact that it was supposed to be out in shops in feb, and its april now but no where sells it!

4/24/2008 11:09 PM  
Blogger Arnica Montana said...

know what else is super awesome?

all the left over packaging.

It'll look super cool in that land fill by your house.

BTW obsessing over mundane things, like a fucking phone, is so 1992.

4/25/2008 7:35 AM  
Anonymous Review Folio said...

Visit http://www.wikiewalkie.com for more reviews on fashion.

4/27/2008 7:17 PM  
Anonymous Tina said...

I prefer Sony Ericson, Nokia has always given me so much trouble. It's a cool design though I'm not very fond of the buttons.

5/01/2008 2:04 AM  
Anonymous anina.net said...

HI! Check out the Fashion Insider blog http://www.360fashion.typepad.com/fashioninsider

we'd love to interlink our blogs and to link to your post! if you wanna post anything let us know. we will be happy to help you with that.

check out the

http://mobi.aninadressup.com

application that was sent to some of the fashion insiders. download it to your phone and let me know what you think!

best wishes,
anina
www.anina.net

5/03/2008 3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nokia 8800 Arte and 7900 Prism blog

5/06/2008 12:54 PM  
Blogger freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,

9/25/2009 5:37 PM  
Anonymous sunglasses said...

At first, you shouldn;t be disappointed. You know what, the phone looks great. I love it. It's simple, now there are lots of good stuffs created and it's got lots of feature. I didn't buy them. You can't just put them in your pocket. I think your phone looks handy. I can bring them anywhere, and just put it in y pocket.

7/02/2010 1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

коттедж
восстановление зрения
зеленый лазер
электрошокер

7/15/2010 7:56 PM  
Anonymous Sildenafil said...

I remember when I this Nokia 7900 crystal prism was released, at that time the cellphone design was pretty cool, but now when you see it, it kind of makes you laugh with that small screen and big buttons

9/16/2010 3:36 AM  
Anonymous Jeans said...

Buy Jeans and Fashion Jeans online only at our clothing store!
JeansPilot blogspot

9/26/2010 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home