May 28, 2008

Nike Dri-FIT Technology



When I was an early teen, I used to think sporty graphic t-shirts were the best. They were comfortable, matched with all my jeans and pants, and just seemed so cool. This was when I still had to wear school uniform to school and all before fashion made any sense to me. Thankfully I have grown up since then, learnt more about fashion and have realised that I am simply not the type of girl to wear sporty clothes in a cool way. The Nike tees I favoured weren't even the fashionable styles like the images above -they were the 'performance' types.

I am not saying that sporty tees are not cool. I'm just saying that I don't pull the style off. Actually, if I see someone in magazines wearing a sporty tee in a casual style and pulling it off, I automatically think she's either really pretty (thus manages to pull off all sort of style,) or that she's one of those cool, boyfriend-jeans-type-of girls. Although now that I think about it, those have usually been Adidas shirts.

In the past, I've always chosen white or light-coloured graphic tees by Nike. I've tried a Filas tee, but that didn't fit as well or look as pretty. Usually, the Nike tees are made of Nike's Dri-FIT material, which like the label above says, helps absorb sweat and helps cool you down. While I wouldn't say the shirts feel 100% 'breathable', they did feel air-ier than the tees by other brands. But for the past five years I've slowed down buying these tees until last month, I realised that my old ones either have holes in them or the colour has faded, so I visited sports shops and bought two. The strange thing is, after trying the two new tees for a month, I actually think the tees have improved a lot!

The shirt is really what the description says it is -the fabric is seriously 'breathable'. It absorbs sweat and allows air to get through to cool your body down. And very importantly, for such a 'breathable' shirt, it is not see-though, which you should not take for granted when it comes to light-coloured, airy, sporty tees.

I'm not sure what has changed. The label on the shirt looks slightly different -it now says FIT DRY instead of Dri-FIT, and there's the little label (image above) printed on the tees, but aren't they the same thing? The new tees also feel smoother and more slippery, like satin, than the old tees. OK, this is not worth over-analysing -Nike has probably just improved its material technology. But seriously, I love the material.

Nike has also used the technology for its other products. I bought a pair of sporty pants last December on sale (like this pair except mine is longer,) and they are so comfortable. I was walking in them on the streets and I could actually feel the cool London wind. So if you're the athletic type of girl who enjoys running outdoors, a pair of these breezy Nike pants would be perfect, (or at least I imagine it would be, since I don't actually run outdoors.)

On top of the two Nike tees, I also ignored my brand loyalty for Nike for 10 minutes and bought a tee by Adidas. While I love the design by Adidas a lot more (-I love the three gold stripes on the sleeves,) the fabric just felt like normal, sporty, cotton material. It definitely didn't feel as breezy as Nike's.

Which brand do you prefer your sports tee from? And if you've bought a Nike Dri-FIT tee recently, do you think they're actually more breathable, or am I just imagining it?

32 Comments:

Anonymous Paige said...

I agree about the adidas design being more likable, but when you're running i guess the feel of the shirt matters most. I mean you want to be comfortable as your working out, right? I think the dri-Fit is great and perfect for working out. And some of the designs are actually pretty good!

5/29/2008 12:16 PM  
Blogger Monelle said...

I prefer Nike Dri-Fit. I've worn other brands in the same category and Dri-Fit definitely does feel more breathable and is very durable.

5/29/2008 1:07 PM  
Blogger krishna said...

Beautiful Ed Hardy,ed hardy ed hardy clothing ,ed hardy
shirts,Adidas,NIKE Dunks,True Religion Jeans,Bapes hoodies,Timberland
boots and much more are available here at discounted rates with FREE
shipping WORLDWIDE Ed Hardy

5/29/2008 2:52 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

Puma's the best!

5/29/2008 3:50 PM  
Anonymous Chelsea said...

I actualy went to buy a sports top last weekend, and I assure you, I do not usually do sports tops, but they have some really great styles that I think I would even wear minus the sweating.
This isn't quite a nike, although I did try one on and have lovely fits (they've mastered the t shirt), I purchased a lonsdale singlet. Its extremely comfortable, covers the bra straps and you don't have to worry about anything being shown.
I have discovered something new!

5/29/2008 6:22 PM  
Anonymous savvy gal said...

I prefer Adidas designs over Nike. Though I tried to stay away from sports Tee normally, I think they are for exercise only.

5/29/2008 10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great website!
i prefer nike ;)

www.love-fashion-fever.com

5/29/2008 11:48 PM  
Anonymous Audrey said...

I don't have any of the Nike tees you mentioned, but the way you described their material reminds me of all Under Armour clothing.

I love the material, and it's great for any workout/sports.

5/30/2008 1:20 AM  
Blogger Naroniel said...

ive never really been into sport shirts or anything but they are real comfy.

5/30/2008 2:01 AM  
Blogger yuki said...

It is splendid blog. I am studied.
Please link to this site.
http://yuki-nailart.blogspot.com/

5/30/2008 2:04 AM  
Blogger Pamcasso said...

I have shirts from a company called romfh which I prefer, but I like the nike shirts. I don't have any adidas ones. I think the key to pulling off 'the look' is to pair something sporty with something feminine, and make sure the colors aren't too matchy:) I'll have to try it soon!

5/30/2008 4:18 AM  
OpenID DannyDaily said...

i just cant do the sporty t-shirt thing.

love,

danny

http://dannydaily.typepad.com

5/30/2008 11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually agree with your post. I have had this brand loyalty to Nike since I started going to the gym. They really have the most comfortable clothing. They don't stick to the skin whilst working out. Quality is also quite good although I must agree that Adidas has this advantage when it comes to their designs. So overall if we're not after the design and function's what we're after I would say Id always prefer Nike.

5/31/2008 6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nike Dri-Fit all day

6/04/2008 8:00 AM  
Blogger Alina said...

Nike Dry Fit is a spectacular line that has filled up my athletic wardrobe. The Adidas Dry Fit concept is similar to Nike although the Nike fit is more comfy.

6/15/2008 1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This summer, my husband and I went to an airshow which, to our surprise, involved a very, very, very long hike to the venue. Since we weren't able to take a stroller, we walked with our two young children. I ended up having to carry the younger one who weighs about 27 pounds (think large sack of rice!) for nearly 3/4 of a mile in the midday summer sun. Afterward, I wondered why I still felt really good even after that workout. I attribute it to my then-new, smooth, comfortable, non-chafing Nike Dri-fit tee that kept me from overheating and turning into a sweaty mess!

12/04/2008 2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice nike Tshirts!
I always conscious to buy Nike Discount apparel and clothing products, I Love to see this post.
Barbie

9/17/2009 1:53 PM  
Blogger freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,

9/25/2009 5:53 PM  
Blogger marry said...

Blogs are so informative where we get lots of information on any topic. Nice job keep it up!!
_____________________________

Poetry Dissertation

3/20/2010 8:00 PM  
Blogger stefan said...

Where did you get that image about the dri-fit techonology?
Im doing an assignment on nike pro and may want to use it as a reference bebics01@gmail.com

3/29/2010 9:21 AM  
Blogger Dissertation Help said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog.I will keep visiting this blog very often.
Dissertation Help | Custom Dissertation

7/15/2010 1:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

коттедж
восстановление зрения
зеленый лазер
электрошокер

7/15/2010 8:12 PM  
Blogger tooladd said...

nike is famous in the world of sport. do you want a fashion shoes?
christian louboutin

7/28/2010 12:35 PM  
Blogger Dissertation Writing service said...

This kind of information is very limited on internet. Nice to find the post related to my searching criteria. Your updated and informative post will be appreciated by blog loving people.

Dissertation Introduction

8/07/2010 2:46 PM  
Anonymous Jeans said...

Buy Jeans and Fashion Jeans online only at our clothing store!
JeansPilot blogspot

9/26/2010 9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very impress on your information , Its a really very impressive blog. I really got some another very nice information , so thanks for sharing these tips,cool shirts.

10/13/2010 4:15 PM  
Anonymous dissertation introduction said...

well your Po$t is good and i really like it :). . .awesome WORK . . .KEEP SHARING. .;)

dissertation introduction

12/02/2010 8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nike then Under Armour are my favorite. They work great and don't get sweaty in warm weather like cotton. I find Adidas and rebook are not as durable.

A not as popular brand "alpine design" makes one of the most comfortable sports polos ever. I use these for work.

David

4/12/2011 11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI dry fit material stinks..after a few hours wear

7/26/2011 12:07 PM  
Anonymous Gary said...

I suppose one and all should browse on it.
hotels cheap | cheap hotels | houses for sale

12/16/2011 11:22 PM  
Anonymous DISTRICT HOTEL WASHINGTON DC said...

This is amazing! I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. I also found your entries very interesting. Thanks for sharing this great stuff.

2/15/2012 3:01 PM  
Anonymous entyahla said...

Puma's the best!
انتي احلي موقع المرأه العربية
للمزيد من ازياء محجبات
الجديد دائما ازياء عربية
تابع ازياء اخر موضة

3/10/2012 1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home