September 05, 2005

Denim Trends FW05 I: Embroidered Jeans

Fabulous denim, ie. jeans that cost $150+, are always on our "Want/ Must have" lists, so the smart people behind the jeans bring us something slightly new every season. Maybe it's the Miu Miu effect, it seems like many denim brands are putting out embroidered jeans this season. For jeans, they are unusually colorful and very upbeat. Some of them are fantastic, and the others are just... sort of tacky.

Antik Denim Flared Saddle-Blanket Jean: This one is shockingly colorful not only of the backpockets, but also the whole jean. It's great if you're going for the lux hippie look, but not so great for this season's feminine, dark trends.

Antik Denim Floral Jeans: These backpockets are special in that they are different -in a stylish way. I like the simple colors of the embroideries and the patterns. This will look great with some of those fifties-inspired flowy tops which are being sold in many stores' fall collections.

Chip & Pepper Sorority Girl Nirvana Jeans, Rainy River: This pair is even more hippie-styled than the first Antik denim one shown, except this one is more laid-back and effortless.

Chip & Pepper Sorority Girl Nirvana, Sweetheart: Sceams 'I'm Miss spoilt & popular'.

True Religion Bobby Flared Jeans: This pair is soo pretty! This pair would actaully look amazing with an oh-so-fashionable simple white/ ivory Victorian shirt or a black voluminous top. So sweet and darling!

Embroidered jeans are obviously much harder to match outfits with than simple jeans. If the embroideries are colorful, the key is to wear plain-colored tops. Limit your accessories and do remember to match your shoes as well!

So are embroidered jeans worth buying? My verdict is that if you're looking to buy a pair of staple jeans to last more than a season, then no. I'm sticking to plain jeans for the sake of my budget. But if you really like them (and you're rich,) then go ahead and indulge!

13 Comments:

Blogger Pink Sun Drops said...

I saw these in carpenter style on a guy with a queen card embroidered on the back pocket. They were totally original and very cute. He also had on a white leather jacket. As my friend commented he looked like he belonged in New York...

9/05/2005 1:20 PM  
Blogger winterdoll said...

I think those embroidered jeans look good with plain bandeus.

9/05/2005 6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think they are cute--plain denim gets a little boring. for those who want something more preppy, lilly pulitzer is featuring embroidered jeans this fall. www.lillypulitzer.com

9/06/2005 12:58 AM  
Blogger Harrods Girl said...

I don't really like the lilly pulitzer jeans either...

9/06/2005 2:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the small all-over prints are cute ("palm classics.")

9/06/2005 7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, chick 'n chic, I will stick with the "embroyded" jeans of "discussable taste." LOL And if you don't like something, by all means, do not buy it, and invest the money you save in a good dictionary.

9/06/2005 10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I did not "googled (sic)" it. I offered the link as purely an example of the trend, which was referred to as "just...not right for this season (any of them.)" LOL

9/06/2005 9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won't correct your grammar if you don't go out of your way to be insulting. By the way, I don't work for LP, and I realize their products are aimed at the country-club and polo set, and certainly aren't for everyone. I like many styles, from boho to English tweeds to preppy, and I can see something to like in almost everything. When I'm out and about, I'll admire a beautiful, creative ethnic style, with a touch of handcrafted originality, as much as a sleek, professional suit, or even the innocently funky retro-preppy look with its bright colors, cables and clean-cut classicism. That's why I love this blog--it's about all kinds of fashion.

9/06/2005 11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the embroidery on the back pocket. when it runs down the leg, it looks cheesy and dated (late nineties)

9/09/2005 3:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm a bit late...but am SOOO laughing at the L.P. embroidered jeans debate!!!!

I think they are super cute, for a certain type. As with most LP clothes you have to really BE "That Type", or the clothes wind up wearing you. Know what I mean?

I love, love, love all things preppie: LP, Lacoste, JCrew, etc... I was born and raised in California, so God only knows where I get it.

None of my friends would dream of dressing the way I do, and that's OK. They can work the "boho" look (or whatever comes next!!) It looks much better on them. Besides, everybody is used to my "fish out of water" type of charm!

11/21/2005 9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so maybe this debate is over, but 4 me it's new LOL!!! Okay, I like most Lily Pulitzer clothes, especialy the ones with big continuing prints (http://www.lillypulitzer.com/Minnies/Cameron-Printed-Pant/invt/69568) Like these, they are very cute. But the ones with little palm trees? All right I am known in my school for having a "Strawberry Shortcake" "Bright and Happy" "Cheerfull" or "origanal" sense of style, but even for me, those are a little bit much. I don't think they are only wearable for "those under twelve", with certain tops, and faces, hair styles ect. I guess they could look pretty cute! I still think that the ones with a fairy (above) and the ones with the coral print (my link) are SUPER CUTE!!!

2/01/2009 11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bedroom Decoration Ideas , Bathroom Decorating Ideas, living room decorating ideas , Dining room decoration, Home Accessories, Home Lighting Ideas , Home Office Ideas , Kids Room Decor , Rug Art & Design, Storage Ideas , Wall and Ceiling Art , Kitchen Design Ideas , Home Decorating , Food Recipes, Handmade Crafts , Arts, Family Care, Home Improvement , Fashion Design , Fashion Sketches , Gardening, Fashion and Beauty , sitemap.xml , Stylish Eve Sitemap , sitemap.xml.gz , women forum , women forums , woman forum , womens forum

12/04/2009 3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From stylish eve , home decorating ideas , handmade crafts , fashion clothes , beauty tips , beautiful women , home improvement , home and garden , arts and crafts plus family care , arts and crafts , greeting cards , food recipes , main dishes , beverages , salad recipes , appetizers recipes , sandwiches recipes , desserts recipes , paintings , drawings , oil painting , acrylic painting , watercolor painting , portrait drawing , beautiful women , fashion sketches , body care , makeup tips , hand care , hair care , gardening , home improvement , home decorating ideas

1/23/2010 2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home