Shop FW05 Sales For SS06
Unfortunately, all the fashion-y stuff I've read and know about next season's style trends starts to dance around my brain and I start to analyse every piece of clothing I'm interested in. Questions like 'Will the whole military jacket thing still be in fashion next spring or fall?' are asked and the result is an indecisive, annoying customer staring at the jacket. And of course since I do possess quite a logical brain, I am at the same time covering all the typical pre-purchase questions like 'How often will I wear this'; 'What will this shirt match with my other clothes'; 'Do I have something similar already'; 'Can this be thrown into a washing machine?' etc.
Shopping end-of-season, fun huh? After going through many such expeditions to malls and department stores in three different countries last month, I've managed to come to a few conclusions:
- In anticipation for SS06, chose white, white, white! Anything in luxurious-neautrals should also be seriously considered.
- To avoid disappointment, never have your hopes up even after you pick up the perfect discounted item until after it is confirmed that a) your size is still available, and b) that item is not damaged and still looks relatively new.
- If it doesn't fit you, then put it down! Don't make pathetic excuses like 'but I've been wanting it for ages and it's actually on sale now.' Better to spend the money on something that you will actually love and be able to wear.
- Sale time is THE perfect time to buy closet staples like jeans. My sister managed to buy a pair of fantastic Blue Cults for only HK$1200 (US$150.)
- Another closet staple for last year and this year still, are flats. Marc Jacobs makes some of the cutest flats.
Yes I know they're pricy, but if you wear them almost everyday, then they'll be totally worth it.
- If you're not familiar with the saleslady, then don't listen to her! She'll be giving you all sorts of praises even if the jacket makes you look like a puffball.
- One of the best things being a student is that we can discount-shop on a weekday morning/ early afternoon. It's so much more comfortable shopping without the crowds in weekends and not have to look at the same rack of clothing with someone else.
- Since next season is all about white jewelry, don't buy the leftover black jewelry (unless you really like it of course.)
- No matter which season, there are always pretty, classical high-heels, which even if they are not particularly in fashion, are always needed for dinners and nights-out. Sales always has those. These Louboutins are great examples:
Make sure you actually buy something before the end-of-season sales are over!