September 12, 2007

New York SS08 Fashion Week Wrapup II

More about NY Fashion Week...
Marc Jacobs
Woah, this collection was a bit unexpected. I've always imagined a lot of Marc Jacobs' normal typical clients liked cute, funky and clean-cut clothes, which is why this collection of sexed-up clothes surprised me. I'm not really loving the underwear theme or the random slits up the skirt or belly-baring tops, but a lot of individual outfits were pretty cool.
Looks like black sequins will still be 'in'. The dress on the left is so cool -I really like the deconstructed black sequin dress with the nude slip under.
The outfit on the left reminds me of Miu Miu FW07. Anyways, you can see a lot of body parts which are usually covered up.
The dress on the left is so pretty! I'm still not sure how I feel about the daywear though (like the one in the middle.)
A lot of putting-together of pieces. The thing with MJ is that even though just by looking at these photos, my first instinct is to dislike the red outfit (left,) I can imagine it looking cool and funky on certain people in real life.
3.1 Phillip Lim
Looking at Phillip Lim's clothes always makes me feel so sad and happy -Happy to see such girly, chic clothes, and sad to know that I can't afford any of them!
Love love love the cocktail dresses! They're so perfect for people in their 20's.
Everything here just looks so cool and chic, (although the outfit in the middle could do without that weird necklace...) Got to try that all-white with trenchcoat look some time in the future!
And more pretty eveningwear.
Narciso Rodriguez
Narciso Rodriguez is a brand that I actually really like the designs of, but I never notice it much in shops or think about it much because it's a) not suitable for my age yet, b) doesn't advertise much. But everytime New York Fashion Week comes and I see a new collection, I just cannot help looking over the collection many times. I love the clean, structured cutting and colour palette.
There was a lot of office clothes and simple, structured clothes.
And then there were the cocktail dresses which I LOVE. Take the dress on the left, I love the way the sequins are placed -it looks like black and purple were sprayed on. And I love that shade of purple of the dress in the middle and the way the fabric is draped. I want!
Image credit: www.style.com

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok . i'm a parisian girl who tries to understand this great blog ( sometimes , it's difficult but my dictionnary is setting to next me .. ! ) . I must confess , i can't get all of it , but i love the selection of pics .

thanks
++

9/12/2007 3:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ugh. what was marc thinking?

9/12/2007 4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh yeh i totally agree: love love LOVE the narciso rodriguez cocktail dresses!!

9/12/2007 5:18 AM  
Blogger The Spicers said...

Narciso's collection this time was fantastic! And I think you could make it "younger" by styling it less conservatively.

9/12/2007 6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think marc's "fashion" has left us all speechless

9/12/2007 12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dont understand why you worry about things being "age appropriate."

you can't automatically write-off a designer for that reason.. personally, i think at least 3 of those outfits would suit college-age girls. you should judge that kind of thing on the specific outfit, not the designer. narciso rodriguez (and even as previously discuessed, diane vf) have never struck me as specifically aiming for an older demographic.

anyway, mj was obviously high because his collection is awful!

9/12/2007 1:35 PM  
Blogger Tulz said...

OMG what is wrong with the MJ collection? The other two are gorgeous - all I need now is to win the lottery...

9/12/2007 2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow.. I have to say that both MJ and Philip Lim have gone a bit outside their normal design. I reckon it's fun to see.. some of the clothes (not the ones where u can se my tummy) I would love to have hanging in my closet!

9/12/2007 4:37 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

I liked best Diane von Furstenberg's collection. So feminine and cute dresses...

MJ is one designer from whom i totally dislike the shows, but when in stores, i fell imediatly in love with almost all the clothes. This presentation was about shocking the audience, with the central idea of the layered multiple faces of a woman. Trust me, when the clothes will hit the shops, everybody will love them :)
More on my thoughts about spring 2008 RTW collections: http://www.shopaholic.ro/2007/09/spring-2008-ready-to-wear.html

9/12/2007 5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MJ's collection is what happens when creative people who have gotten famous while high go off drugs.

9/12/2007 7:29 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

I love philip Lim :)

9/12/2007 7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love your fashion blog on the Jacobs show...thought you might be interested in mine? We took a different approach.

http://fashiontell.blogspot.com/

I'd be interested in your thoughts.

9/12/2007 10:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cool collections..Marc had made us speechless.Good pictures.Even the
shoesselected by Marc are excellent.Good posting.

9/12/2007 10:22 PM  
Blogger Riley said...

DID YOU SEE THE SHOES?

http://www.ohbonjour.com/wp/2007/09/11/how-can-i-not-blog-about-this/#more-12

9/13/2007 12:27 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Oh Marc. This collection does nothing for me.

ps. I just recently stumpled upon this blog today, already spent too much time at work today reading back. Can't wait to see future updates. :)

9/13/2007 2:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We LOVE Marc Jacobs, BCBG, DKNY & DVF. Check out our Fashion Week coverage at www.MySpace.com/Fashion. xo

9/13/2007 2:23 AM  
Blogger pinqueisfabulous said...

This is so cute! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE Marc, he will father my fashionable baby one day!

9/14/2007 12:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Healthy legs while staying in style http://www.legluxe.com

9/17/2007 9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seen that model at www.rockmodelagency.com

9/18/2007 11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We specialize in laptop battery,laptop AC adapters. All our products are brand new, with the excellent service from our laptop battery of customer service team.
the most convenient and cheap replacement battery online shop in uk. We specialize in laptop batteries,laptop AC adapters.
All our laptop AC adapters are brand new, with the excellent service from our customer service team.
the most convenient and cheap battery online shop in uk.
You can find some battery and adapter from here is very cool.

We specialize in laptop batteries,laptop AC adapters. All of batteries are brand new, with the excellent service from our customer service team, you can feel free to purchase on laptop battery!
Here is cheap laptop ac adapter online shop in uk. We specialize in akku. All our au battery are brand new, with the excellent service from our customer service team.

11/07/2008 8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the wonderful effort

إني تذكـرت والذكرى مؤرقـة *مجـداً تلـيدا بأيـدينا أضعـناه

أنَّى اتجهتَ للإسـلام في بـلـدٍ * تجْده كالطيرِ مقصـوصًا جناحـاه

كـم صرفتنا يـدٌ كنـا نـصرفها * وبات يـملكنا شعب مـلكناه

بالله سل خلف بحر الروم عن عرب * بالأمس كانوا هنا واليوم قد تاهوا

وانزل دمشق وسائل صخر مسجدها * عمن بناه لعل الـصخر ينعـاه

هذى معـالم خرس كـل واحـدة * منهن قامت خطيبـا فاغرا فـاه

الله يعلم ما قلبت سـيرتهم يومـا * وأخطـأ دمـع الـعين مـجراه

يا من يرى عمـراتكسوه بردته * الزيت أدمٌ لـه والكـوخ مـأواه

يهتز كسـرى على كرسيه فرقـا * من خوفه ، وملوك الروم تخشـاه

يا رب فابعث لنا من مثلهم نفـرا * يشـيدون لـنا مـجدا أضعنـاه

7/05/2009 6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home