June 24, 2008

Just Admiring the Resort 09 Collections: Stella McCartney

While I was looking for more to blog for about the Resort 09 collections, I've suddenly come to realise that with so many collections a year, the whole 'flipping through style.com' thing really isn't as fun or exciting as before now. While the clothes are still pretty, I just can't get through all the looks for the very long Resort collections, like Chanel, Dior and DvF. And honestly, none of the collections completely grabbed my attention -that is until I saw Stella McCartney's collection.

Admittedly, I was surprised I liked it so much since I usually feel so-and-so about her designs, but there's just something I really liked about this collection. Maybe because her presentation was so refreshing -it wasn't on a typical runway, and it was set outdoors without the usual overdone glam and setup. Everything looked so natural. You can really imagine through the park and in the city in these clothes. They have just the right touch of put-together casualness and stylishness.


The double-breasted jacket with skinny pants combo is nothing new but it looks young and super sleek here. And I'm usually not a fan of jumpsuits but it looks oddly cool and glamorous and again, sleek.


These two dresses are so cute and look so easy to wear. I like how the designs are special enough to make the person to look different but not too out-there. Plus the colours are so sharp.


One of the key elements to the effortless casual and sleek look: neutral colours. Ok, so most of us out here can't actually fit into those tight Capri or carry off those loose, tight-at-the-ankles pants, but they look so cool on the models. And I love the androgynous of the tops.


Imagine walking in the city in these outfits next summer (or if you can replicate them, this summer) -uber-stylishness! I've got to figure out a way to imitate the outfit on the right -it's such an amazing combination of girliness -the loose, bow tie blouse -and androgynous -the long blazer.


What did you think of the Stella McCartney collection? Which Resort collection was your favourite?


Image Credit: www.style.com

32 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the clothes are pretty, but what stuck out to me more is how THIN chanel iman has gotten. obviously she's a model, and must be thin, but she looks terrible. yuck!

anyway, i love the orange dress and the final piece (especially the bag!)

6/24/2008 6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the pants!! they are styled so cool... but i would never be able to pull the loose, tight at the ankles pants off :)

and i agree... chanel iman looks gross here

6/24/2008 6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just another example of why the "i'm famous, therefore i have talent" school of thought is seriously flawed

6/24/2008 8:38 PM  
Blogger The Spicers said...

Stella's collection was very cool, and the setting only added to the effect.

6/24/2008 9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The collection is awesome. I love the color palette especially the warm neutrals, I feel like it looks so put together. I was shopping online yesterday and made some great purchases at Goldyn. It's like this online megastore with everything! Stella's collection reminded me of it because I was able to find some great summer dresses and tops in that brilliant blue color and some great neutrals.

6/24/2008 10:25 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Those capri and loose pants with tight angle are cool in theory but I don't know how cool I will look in that. But I have seen a gal with loose pants with tight angles and she totally had the cool attitude to carry it off. I like the blue off shoulder dress. It's just so much easier to wear.

6/25/2008 1:21 AM  
Blogger Virginie (VEER GI NY) Suos said...

loving the combination of casualness and stylishness

6/25/2008 3:08 AM  
Blogger Maven Heart said...

I like the blue birdy off the shoulder dress! I'm not loving the shoot though...

6/25/2008 10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what cool and great collection!
my mind just told me that you are a fun person! thanks

6/25/2008 10:29 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I personally prefer moe structured clothes, something to give women a more feminine look. But there is something about the boho-layered look that has its appeal.

The colours are a bit drab, but I suppose that is where everyone is going for S/S 09, so I can't say that against this collection alone.

6/25/2008 3:09 PM  
Blogger aizat.cinta.goddess said...

wow.love stella collection for this time around..the pants are super goddess

6/25/2008 4:00 PM  
Blogger Mica said...

I agree, I don't think many people could pull off the pants they are wearing, but I love that blue jacket! I could wear it for sure :)

6/25/2008 4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Stella McCartney, and I thought this collection was very relaxed chic. But going through the resort collections and in particular the picture's you've posted here, the models have gotten so thing! They're skin and bones. Sigh, the designers must be happy.

6/25/2008 10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

loving the blue dress!

6/26/2008 1:11 AM  
Blogger alex said...

oooo it's a really good collection! I love the neutral colours and the fifth girl's look is the best.

6/26/2008 1:25 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

i'm loving these looks!!!

6/26/2008 5:19 AM  
Blogger meliindaa. said...

i haven't decided my favorite yet, but I love this collection. its elegant and gorgeous without being elaborate or anything.

6/26/2008 5:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is a very nice collection.
You've been tagged btw

6/26/2008 7:41 AM  
Blogger GretchPants said...

i can't really pick out any one piece; i love the entire collection. sadly, so few people notice the un-originality because they don't care to pay attention to the history of fashion, but the whole thing screams Pre-WWII Hollywood- one of my favorite eras- and I could easily see some starlet like Greta Garbo or Ingrid Bergman wearing something like these. Who cares if it's not as new as younger generations would like to think, the best trends will always be repeated.

6/26/2008 8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm loving the orange dress. The collection is great though. Oh the the shoes in the second to last pictures.


For the most beautiful Blue Sapphires, Pink Sapphires, White Sapphires, Sapphire Rings (or any other kind of Sapphire Jewelry), check out http://www.TheNaturalSapphireCompany.com

6/26/2008 8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg to the blue dress! really loving it.

6/26/2008 10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i absolutely adore the dress Chanel Iman is wearing.


yeah she looks too skinny but c'mon guys. Saying she looks terrible and gross is over doing it.

6/26/2008 10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the drss!
www.theceelist.com

6/26/2008 12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this site!
http://www.najeestyle.blogspot.com/

6/26/2008 4:08 PM  
Blogger LC said...

i really like that double-breasted jacket, it's awesome!

6/27/2008 11:34 PM  
Blogger Yasmina said...

I love the fifth outfit, the one with the tight capris, as well as the last one. Stella McCartney did a great work here :p

6/29/2008 5:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm feeling really bad because in one of my posts on my fashion blog I said that I didn't like Stella McCartney's designs. I don't think I was looking very hard, because these are absolute GEMS!!! I retract my statement. :)

www.choubelle.wordpress.com

6/30/2008 8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah? wtf? Chanel Iman looks awful...she was a stick to begin with, but at least she was a gorgeous stick. now she's a skeleton, which looks weird no matter what. icky!!!

6/30/2008 8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the last look, so laid back but yet pulled together! I love the oversized blazer, I''m thinking I definitely need to invest in one asap, and paired with great pearl earrings that I bought a few months ago from Premium Pearl--totally fun and work appropriate!

7/01/2008 5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love Stella as well, particularly the last pic on the right.

7/02/2008 2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

these women are unhealthily skinny! and trust me i can say that, i have a BMI of 18, bet these girls dont....

7/03/2008 3:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really like this collection as well. Those women's pants are killer, especially the wide leg. Love them!

5/31/2010 2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home