February 07, 2007

New York FW07 Fashion Week Wrapup I

Fun! It's fashion weeks again.

Marc Jacobs

I really don't know what to think about this Marc Jacobs collection. It's so... different and grown up. I mean, I know Marc Jacobs' main line is meant to be for grown-ups and all, but this is really different. The main difference is probably the silhouette -it's much narrower than the previous one, (probably because Marc slimmed down himself.)

The obvious standout accessory of the show -the hat.

I haven't studied fashion history before, so I can't be certain, but this collection reminds me of YSL decades back. And some pieces reminded me of Prada's SS07 collection.

This collection doesn't seem quite as girly as the past collections, except maybe for the sophisticated-looking ribbons at the end.

Diane von Furstenburg

I've never quite appreciated DvF until last year. This collection of DvF seemed again, a bit different from her previous work. There were almost no wrap-dresses, but there were a lot more of other types of dresses. Like her last few collections, there were a lot of bold colours.

There was a continuation of this season's black and grey trend.

Lisa Cant (middle) in the silver dress... wow.

Lots and lots of pretty, yet modern cocktail dresses.

DKNY
While DKNY isn't exactly a large or influential show, I do like that it's more relateable than other big brands because it's for the young crowd. The fashion wasn't ground-breaking or anything, but there were a lot of wearable pieces.

This collection is all about doing the grown-up looks in a hip, cool way.

I really like the silk dress in the middle. And that coat on the left is so girly -I want!

Photos credit: Marcio Madeira @style.com and elle.com.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm lovin what i'm seein so far
!!!

2/07/2007 10:31 AM  
Blogger The Little Black Girl That Could said...

Love your blog! I'm as fashion crazy as you....

Keep the posts coming :o)

-Julee

2/07/2007 10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogroll me?

www.fashionablebehaviour.blogspot.com

I'm absolutely addicted. Keep it up.

2/07/2007 11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lve the DKNY colection. It's stuff that real people can wear. I realy really liked the yellow and purple accents on the black outfits. That shade of purple = perfection!!

And I'm loving the general preponderance of short dresses <3

2/07/2007 12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the Marc Jacobs! CLASSIC

2/07/2007 1:49 PM  
Blogger The Shopping Nerd said...

Fashion week is taking over my life! Take a look at my blog. I've done over 10 posts in the last 4 or 5 days. I don't know how I'm going to get any work done this month.
I loved the Marc Jacobs show! DVF was kind of meh for me for some reason.

2/07/2007 2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The DKNY collection looked really great!

2/07/2007 3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the marc jacobs show was so refreshing for me. i was totally expecting grey + volume + skinny pants + layers. while i love this look, it gets claustrophobic. it was nice to see something bright and slim and classic. that said, i don't know how much of it looked wearable.. but it was nice to see as a concept.

2/07/2007 3:58 PM  
Blogger Flashy_Shades said...

that last dvf dress looks like something laura would have made on project runway

2/07/2007 11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i love your site! (:
i'm a fashion student, and just in case you're still interested to know, marc jacobs was probably inspired by the roaring 20s and the decade after WW2. because of the lack of fabrics during the war, women's fashion had to be cut closely to the body to save on fabrics, hence even suits were tight-fitting and narrow. plus the silhouettes of the lines seem pretty much straight and narrow which is similar to the silhouettes of that eras. that's my guess (: (i may not be 100% correct! i'm still studying (: )
keep up the good work tho! (:

2/08/2007 1:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, MJ ripped off everyone and everything for his collection which came across as lazy and a backwards step to me. I'm not a fan. For wearable chic though, I really love DKNY's collection this year, as far as wearability goes - I'd wear almost everything. The coat and the white minidress with the black print are especially gorgeous.

2/08/2007 2:08 AM  
Blogger ENID P. said...

I love the yellow gloves with the grey and teal dress....

ENID P.

2/08/2007 2:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out tvjersey.com for video of some of the sights and celebrities from the Marc Jacobs fashion show Monday night in New York.

2/08/2007 3:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the dvf line and the dkny line as well. and the pink coat you featured from marc jacobs is really nice.

2/08/2007 3:56 AM  
Blogger alluretone said...

same here. the mj fall line reminded me alot of miumiu. very structured collars, one width skirts and the silky fabric that popped up every once in a while. i thought the hats were very classy and fab!

2/08/2007 4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marc Jacobs' hats are fabulous! I think personally, a big hat will be the perfect fashion accessory for SS07.

2/08/2007 5:42 AM  
Anonymous Giles said...

Wow, there is a lot of helpful information in this post!
metal building

11/06/2011 12:32 AM  
Anonymous Everard said...

I fully match with whatever thing you have written.
Ontario airport parking | 7 layer dip recipe | Arts

11/22/2011 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home