February 06, 2005

Beauty Review: Deep Cleansing Masks

As my mom likes to say, "It doesn't matter how fashionable you are if you don't have good skin." Ofcourse, like the good girl that I am, I fully agree with this statement, I mean, what could possibly be more important then your skin? And so, I like to treat my skin to a good mask once or twice a week (doing masks more then twice a week is simply not recommended), to give it some time to relax and recuperate from all the stuff it encounters in our daily life. Today, I came upon a great bargain-the Borghese Fango Active Mud Mask for face and body.



The signature product of this Italian company. This Italian mud unclogs pores, hydrates, nourishes and energizes- basically everything one is looking for in a mask. It came highly recommended from everyone I know and from various reviews. And after trying it out myself, I highly recommend it too, my skin felt all tingly and clean afterwards! At the moment, they are doing this yearly special where they sell you this 32oz (huge) jar of Fango Mud for $42.90 (as opposed to a 17.6oz for $57.50). There is no expiration date for this, so a 32 oz jar would probably last forever! Great bargain right?



If you have missed this bargain and don't want to spend all that much on a mask, you could try the Body Shop Blue Corn 3 in 1 Deep Cleansing Scrub Mask, for $14 instead. This one also has great reviews and having personally tried it, Harrods girl and I think this is quite good as a more affordable alternative. I especially love the fact that it cleans, moisturizes and exfoliates at the same time. So in your busy and hectic life, don't forget to to take some time to treat your skin once in a while, because while fashion changes every season, your skin stays with you forever.

13 Comments:

Blogger Pink Sun Drops said...

I love masks. Too bad the one I had - some cucumber concoction - I threw out after deciding it was too old. I always used it when I would start to break out and start to look very red. Now I'm missing it. I'm going to have to check these out.

2/06/2005 5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reccomendations, it can be hard to find a good masque. Where is this Borghese bargain you speak of, I can't find it anywhere?

2/06/2005 6:31 PM  
Blogger Harrods Girl said...

The Body Shop Blue Corn Mask is indeed quite a good deep cleansing mask. But remember, for any of these masks including the ones we recommend, you must use them at least once a week to get any effect from them. And remember to use them only where it is oily on your face. (use hydrating mask instead on your drier areas on your face.)

2/07/2005 2:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Borghese bargain is an once in a year only bargain. And I got mine at Lord and Taylors in Chicago recently, but there wasn't a lot left. So it might have unfortunately ran out. But keep your eyes open and good luck!

2/07/2005 2:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yup, that blue corn mask is great. I'll have to do a review on my favorites too.

2/07/2005 12:34 PM  
Blogger CrankyBiscuit said...

I will check out the Borghese Mud mask next time I go shopping. Winter is wreaking absolute havoc on my skin.

2/08/2005 3:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have combination skin and I find the Body Shop Blue Corn Mask is too drying. Even on my T-zone it can be quite harsh and leave my skin tight and dry. For those of you with combination skin, try a deep cleansing papaya or strawberry mask. I particularly like the one from Shoppers Drug Mart Life Brand.

6/16/2005 7:34 AM  
Blogger Harrods Girl said...

Anonymous: There are two types of combination skin -dry and oily. I have combination oily skin so I think the Body Shop corn mask is good. You probably have combination dry skin.

9/02/2005 6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great winter skin products review! Thanks! I'll try few of them:)

11/29/2007 10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bedroom Decoration Ideas, Bathroom Decorating Ideas, living room decorating ideas , Dining room decoration, Home Accessories, Home Lighting Ideas , Home Office Ideas , Kids Room Decor , Rug Art & Design, Storage Ideas , Wall and Ceiling Art , Kitchen Design Ideas

12/04/2009 2:22 AM  
Anonymous Gerard said...

Oh my god, there's a lot of helpful info above!
spiderman broadway review | Ethnic recipes | destination weddings in florida | personal injury claim calculator | st christopher medal meaning

11/02/2011 9:25 AM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

moncler jackets
prada glasses
lacoste outlet
adidas yeezy
air yeezy
hogan outlet online
russell westbrook shoes
michael kors outlet
ysl
longchamp outlet

5/22/2018 11:48 AM  
Blogger 56 said...

0810jejeIl nike air max bw armory navy est charmant, cool et oh si beau. Huawei a ensuite adidas zx flux 2.0 pas cher réengagé tout ce personnel et signé un air jordan 3 femme rose nouvel accord. À l'heure actuelle, Air Jordan 31 France la Dickies Company possède des magasins dans tous basket adidas superstar femme fleur les 50 États des États-Unis ainsi adidas zx 850 noir que de nombreux pays, y nike jordan 6 homme compris des parties de l'Europe ainsi que le Moyen-Orient. asics chaussure de ville femme

8/10/2018 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home