June 01, 2005

Graduation Gifts II

Today, it has been officially one year since we graduated from high school. Barneys Girl and I went to an International school, (British system,) so graduation in our school was really no big deal. I mean, we didn't even have a proper graduation ceremony or wear those pretty graduation gowns that teens all get to wear and complain about, (although I'm sure they secretly cannot get over them.) I was so jealous when I saw Mary Kate and Ashley's graduation photos last year. Their hair still looked so perfect in that blue cap! Seriously, look at them:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Obviously my parents didn't think it was a big deal either because they didn't give me any graduation gifts that I know the Americans are so fond of giving and recieving. But luckily, my aunt who lives in San Fransisco thought graduating from high school was a good achievement and offered to buy me a Return to Tiffany necklace. But honestly, like everyone has one and I hate being too typical. And I wanted my first Tiffany's item to be something really classical and something I could actually wear. (Face it, I'm never going to be able to wear a necklace without someone's help.)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
So I got the 1837 Collection ring, which I thought was cool and clasical in one. It's absolutely fabulous and it's the only jewelery I actually wear consistently.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My mum makes me have lunch with her friends every holiday. I try to make excuses, but really, I suck at it. But oh boy, at the risk of sounding very superficial *ahem*, I was so glad I went for lunch! One of her friends gave me a suprise gift and it was this Return to Tiffany oval braclet.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Then, I had dinner with my godparents, who thought I had good grades, and they gave me this Elsa Peretti Bean pendant necklace. I personally don't actually like the shape, but a Tiffany is still a Tiffany. See, that is why godparents are so wonderful!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
So I thought I was having a strange, (but happy) Tiffany summer, when adults I knew decided to suprise me with Tiffany gifts. Then, one of my mum's friends bought me a Tiffany pen from London. It's not exactly like the one above, mine was pink. Although I do wonder what I need a Tiffany pen for. I'm sure it will be useful... someday.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The last gift: my uncle for me a Mont Blanc pen in a send-off-to-uni dinner. I really don't know what I need another high class pen for, but since Mont Blanc is so famous for its pens, I'm more than happy to own one. It is now sitting at the back of my closet somewhere.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh, it seems no one in my family thinks graduating from high school is such a big deal either. Its like- I'm only doing what I'm supposed to be doing anyway and don't deserve anything more. I definitely wouldn't mind a Tiffany thing or two! Fingers cross for college graduation!

6/01/2005 3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

. . . although I did get to buy a very pretty white and pink ABS dress for my graduation as a concillation i guess. LOL. Just reliving the good ol high school days!

6/01/2005 3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same Tiff ring! Got it for a very special college milestone...I lurv it :)

6/02/2005 8:35 AM  
Blogger ET said...

I am SO jealous! I have wanted a Mont Blanc pen forever, and my mother said "that's something for when you graduate from college." Hmm. That was 2000. And don't feel bad, because I never got the pen AND I graduated from law school in 2003 and she promised me a grill, but said I didn't get it until I had a house. So we moved into a rent house about two and a half years ago and she said "I meant a house that you OWNED"...so now we own a house. We have had it for well over a year now, and hubby and I finally went out and bought a grill for ourselves last weekend. So much for graduation gifts. My sister's boyfriend just graduated college, and his parents bought him a car. A WHOLE CAR! And a nice one, too. I want to trade families.

So do you live in London?

Oh, and my husband got me a Tiffany lock necklace (not the heavy chain kind...the lighter version) for Valentine's Day. We Tiffany girls have to stick together. If you look at my blog for April or May there are some ring photos posted, including a Tiffany engagement ring.

6/03/2005 4:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally went out and bought a grill for ourselves last weekend. So much for graduation gifts. My sister's boyfriend just graduated college, and his parents bought him a car.

7/05/2005 6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the western world were to crash around you one of these days what would you do?

What a waste of fucking life. Poor girl, you could of been something...

7/09/2005 6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your page. It's nice to read; something that's lightly funny and seriously fashion. I can definately appreciate your taste and sense of style; although I do disagree with you on one point, I don't find the Olsen twins to be very fashionable most of the time. I was surfing the web trying to find how much discount the Lacoste employees get when I came accross your page. I wonder, you wouldn't happen to know would you?

Please write and let me know if you do.

Again, Love your page!

email me at ShadesofDust@hotmail.com

7/09/2006 8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.premiumpearl.com offers many gift solutions. What girl doesn't want pearls? They are classic and timeless! It's a great gift and they offer a wide selection from around the world. Any graduate would love a set!

PremiumPearl.com is a leading online pearl jewelry site. Combining high quality pearls, exceptional customer service, and expert advice, Premium Pearl has successfully served thousands of customers. Read more about premiumpearl.com and it's founder.

High Quality
To ensure your selection is of the highest quality, all Premium Pearl jewelry is made in our San Francisco office, and quality controlled strictly by our pearl experts.

We travel the world to find the most beautiful pearls. To maintain the integrity of our designs, we use high quality pearls, mostly AAA quality.

3/11/2008 4:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PremiumPearl.com, damn comment spammers. Get a life dudes. Nobody is going to buy your crappy pearls. Go spam somewhere else.

11/06/2008 10:17 AM  
Blogger BestAmulets said...

Hi! Everyone loves <"http://www.bestamulets.com/"> Good Luck Gifts. They are Individual, Unique and Hold real powers of good luck and protection. Anyone will appreciate such special gift of nature.

5/30/2009 1:39 PM  
Anonymous Peter Porzio said...

From a commercial point of view, if Christmas did not exist it would be necessary to invent it.
I love your work! Great job! Thanx, happy holidays guys !

9/22/2009 5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bedroom Decoration Ideas , Bathroom Decorating Ideas, living room decorating ideas , Dining room decoration, Home Accessories, Home Lighting Ideas , Home Office Ideas , Kids Room Decor , Rug Art & Design, Storage Ideas , Wall and Ceiling Art , Kitchen Design Ideas , Home Decorating , Food Recipes, Handmade Crafts , Arts, Family Care, Home Improvement , Fashion Design , Fashion Sketches , Gardening, Fashion and Beauty

12/04/2009 5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oil and Watercolor Painting , watercolor paintings , portrait painting , oil painting , oil paints , Pencil and Portrait Drawings , pencil drawings , art pencil , drawing pencils , portrait drawing, Fashion and Beauty , Handmade Accessories , Appetizers and beverages recipes , appetizer recipes , beverages recipes , Desserts recipes , Main Dishes , Pastries and sandwiches recipes ,Pastries recipes , sandwiches recipes , sandwich recipes as well as painting and drawing .Bedroom Decoration Ideas , Bathroom Decorating Ideas, living room decorating ideas , Dining room decoration, Home Accessories, Home Lighting Ideas , Home Office Ideas , Kids Room Decor , Rug Art & Design, Storage Ideas , Wall and Ceiling Art , Kitchen Design Ideas ,sitemap.xml , Stylish Eve Sitemap , sitemap.xml.gz , home decorating ideas , Food Recipes , fashion sketches , handmade crafts , painting and drawing , improvement ideas

12/13/2009 7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From stylish eve , home decorating ideas , handmade crafts , fashion clothes , beauty tips , beautiful women , home improvement , home and garden , arts and crafts plus family care , arts and crafts , greeting cards , food recipes , main dishes , beverages , salad recipes , appetizers recipes , sandwiches recipes , desserts recipes , paintings , drawings , oil painting , acrylic painting , watercolor painting , portrait drawing , beautiful women , fashion sketches , body care , makeup tips , hand care , hair care , gardening , home improvement , home decorating ideas

1/23/2010 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home