July 01, 2005

Suitcase Snob

Summer is really here! (OK, so it's been summer for a month already, but doesn't July give off a much stronger vacation vibe than June?) All of us should be off to vacation soon, and with this season's fashion trend being global trotting, everyone should have no trouble putting together perfect outfits -especially since we have shown you so many options already. To match those perfect outfits, your luggages and suitcases must look pretty and be practical too.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
To start with: a very classical-styled suitcase by Prada. I did not know the classical Prada nylon bag series actually had a suitcase until now. Word of advice: only use it if you're wearing all black and white, or dressed looking professional. Otherwise, it just doesn't go well with other looks.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is the suitcase that inspired me to write this post. It is SO PRETTY! The lucky girls towing this are the pretty, elegant Prada girls.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
These Gucci suitcases are so slick; so perfect for the lean mean pros such as rich business-people and lawyers.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And of course, I must include the snobbiest of all suitcases: the LV monograms. As opposed to the Gucci monograms, the LVs are preferred by the rich and snobby show-off types, or for those sad upper-class wannabes.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ok, this Vuitton Damier Canvas trunk isn't technically a suitcase, but I can't resist posting it. Although not as show-off-like as the LV monograms, I can still sniff the haughty French leather. But alas, I do like the pattern.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
In most of my holidays abroad, I tend to go to cities, which ultimately transforms into many shopping sprees. And since I never really have that much patience to pack properly after tiring shopping sprees, I always insist on bringing expandable suitcases. They are absolutely wonderful -just when you think 'oh no, I'm never going to fit this all into my suitcase,' -you can just expand the suitcase, and voila, everything fits! My definate recomendation to smart travellers. The one shown is by Samsonite.

I always tell myself, no matter how rich I get, I would never buy an expensive colorful suitcase because the next time you see it, it would be covered with dirt and scratch marks -not a pretty sight indeed. I would mock those people who pretentiously pull their monogram suitcases. But privately deep down, and I mean really deep down, I wish I had one. Admit it, you do too.

Now that I have finished blogging, I am off to Heathrow to catch my flight home. No, I'm just pulling my boring looking expandable suitcase. And yes, I am going early to shop for duty-free makeup.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea i know what u mean. my new red matching samsonite cases (they are SO cute) got all dirty on first arrival in the US. Its soo sad, but I still love my matching reds ;)

7/01/2005 5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The second one is adorable, but I stick with vintage leather Tumi myself...

Mustard yellow, the only way to go.

7/02/2005 1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw a couple with a three-piece set of LV status symbols at O'Hare a few days ago.

7/05/2005 4:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its soo sad, but I still love my matching reds

7/05/2005 6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stylish Eve offers fashion sketches, home decoration ideas, home improvement ideas for home and gardening plus recipes, handmade crafts, family care, Arts , Fashion and Style , Body care and makeup , hand and nails care , hairstyles and hair care , home decorating , animated greeting cards , flash greeting cards , Oil and Watercolor Painting , Pencil and Portrait Drawings , Fashion and Beauty , Handmade Accessories , Appetizers and beverages recipes , Desserts recipes , Main Dishes , Pastries and sandwiches recipes , as well as painting and drawing .

12/04/2009 1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bedroom Decoration Ideas , Bathroom Decorating Ideas, living room decorating ideas , Dining room decoration, Home Accessories, Home Lighting Ideas , Home Office Ideas , Kids Room Decor , Rug Art & Design, Storage Ideas , Wall and Ceiling Art , Kitchen Design Ideas , Home Decorating , Food Recipes, Handmade Crafts , Arts, Family Care, Home Improvement , Fashion Design , Fashion Sketches , Gardening, Fashion and Beauty , sitemap.xml , Stylish Eve Sitemap , sitemap.xml.gz

12/04/2009 1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From stylish eve , home decorating ideas , handmade crafts , fashion clothes , beauty tips , beautiful women , home improvement , home and garden , arts and crafts plus family care , arts and crafts , greeting cards , food recipes , main dishes , beverages , salad recipes , appetizers recipes , sandwiches recipes , desserts recipes , paintings , drawings , oil painting , acrylic painting , watercolor painting , portrait drawing , beautiful women , fashion sketches , body care , makeup tips , hand care , hair care , gardening , home improvement , home decorating ideas

1/23/2010 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home