November 02, 2005

Supermodels Turned Editors: Gemma and Kate

This December's magazines are turning out to be EXTREMELY brilliant. I got so excited when I found out that my favourite model, Gemma Ward will be guest-editing Vogue Australia. And then previews of the Australian Vogue started appearing in fan forums and I got even more hyper!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here's a sneak peek into the Backstage Diary that Gemma kept for Vogue:

"I turn up to Versace and have to refit my dress again, they are changing around looks, and still haven't seemed to figure out the running order. By the time I am done, backstage is awash with panic. I put my head in my hands and take a moment while they glue in the 500 mandatory hair extensions.

"When the entire contents of my make-up artist's bag seems to have been dumped on my face, I get into my first look and try desperately to hear the new directions over the excess of Italian screaming. Since the running order has been changed I have no idea who I'm doing the group walk with anymore but before I can ask the show is under way. Girls are clambering over each other to get into their second looks and all I can see are hands flying in all directions, one putting more blush on me, one tugging from behind, one pulling my dress down, one pulling my leg up and shoving a shoe on my foot. Milan is killing me."


This issue of Vogue AU is available for sale starting yesterday. I can't wait to buy it!


Moving on to Kate...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
After Kate Moss was caught taking drugs about a month ago, a LOT has happened already:

  • Kate apologised.
  • Chanel, Burberry and H&M dropped Kate, while Dior and Rimmel kept her.
  • Kate went to rehab for a 'one month intensive treatment'.
  • During this time, Kate still managed to grace fashion magazine, W's Nov. cover and fashion spreads. (see above)
  • Just out of rehab, Kate is already making headlines with the new Dec. Vanity Fair cover and eleven page editorial inside. The photos were taken last year but were never used until now. She is wearing Chloe in the cover photo.
  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • Rumour has it that Kate will be guest-editing the Dec. issue of French Vogue. Although I really am not so excited about this because it's not like I can read French. Actually, I didn't even know Kate knew French. Oh well, in our books, fabulous style is an international language!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who ever said a little cocaine didn't go a long way. Well I am not sure how effective her short stint in rehab was, but it is nice to see Kate bouncing back.
xoxo,

Shoelover

11/02/2005 9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo tampoco sé si Kate sabra o no francés, pero una cosa es segura, lleva década y media siendo más que una top model, todo un icono de moda, capaz de crear tendencia con cada cosa que se pone. Y que tras lo de las drogas, siga siendo portada de las revistas más prestigiosas es, para mí, una señal evidente de que por suerte tenemos Kate para rato. Y me alegro, ojalá le vaya todo bien. Mrs. de Winter.

11/03/2005 3:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I don't get is why the media are trying to portray Kate in such a bad way. I know drugs are wrong, but when a rock star/rapper/other celebs talk about it, the issue is gloryfied. I hope Kates feeling better because I think the worlds been too harsh on her.

11/03/2005 4:18 AM  
Blogger Are You the New Avante Garde? said...

cocaine is like a staple in the entertainment business.
As H and K say. . .

no c'caine
no gain

11/03/2005 12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omigoodness, I hope you guys aren't serious - not everyone in the entertainment section uses drugs! Thats such a cliche. I don't know if people realize this, but we can love Kate, without saying "Omigosh, all models do drugs." Its great that kate served her month and she's back, hopefully she can continue to stay on top =)

11/03/2005 2:54 PM  
Blogger connie said...

I think it's silly that Kate has been crucified this way. That being said, I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the Tom Ford spread in W. It's... interesting.

11/03/2005 3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Gemmas look is wonderful!

11/03/2005 5:39 PM  
Blogger \\ said...

Gemma looks great on the cover!

11/03/2005 6:55 PM  
Blogger Harrods Girl said...

This issue of Australian Vogue is seriously awesome, especially the Backstage Diary. Get a copy if you can!

11/03/2005 9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lingerie

11/08/2005 4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gemma looks really hot(cool) in that cover! This issue of Aussie Vogue is bloody sick! Grab a copy if you can! its soo hot!

12/10/2005 7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gemma ward is the prettiest after kate moss

6/30/2006 10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From stylish eve , home decorating ideas , handmade crafts , fashion clothes , beauty tips , beautiful women , home improvement , home and garden , arts and crafts plus family care , arts and crafts , greeting cards , food recipes , main dishes , beverages , salad recipes , appetizers recipes , sandwiches recipes , desserts recipes , paintings , drawings , oil painting , acrylic painting , watercolor painting , portrait drawing , beautiful women , fashion sketches , body care , makeup tips , hand care , hair care , gardening , home improvement , home decorating ideas

1/23/2010 1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bathroom ideas , bedroom decoration ideas , dining room decorating ideas , home accessories , lighting for the home , Home Office Ideas , Interior Design Ideas , kids room decor , kitchen decorating ideas , Living room decorating ideas , moroccan decor , home storage , wall decorations and rugs and carpets

1/23/2010 1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home