March 24, 2006

Pretty Woman

This holiday has been a lot about doing things I've always meant to do but have never gotten around to doing. And one of these things is watching, Pretty Woman.

Its hard to believe that I've never seen this classic before, being the chick flick junky that I am. I'd go to the cinema to watch any old chick flick from Mean Girls to obscure ones like the Wedding Date. Its so obscure that I had to go search for it before I remembered the title of it at all.

Anyway, I LOVE Pretty Woman. It had all the elements of a good chick flick. It had the rich man meets poor girl (who in this case is a whore) plot. It had the makeover part, which was so awesome that the 90's fashion didn't even look that outdated. Then of course it had the happy ending with him conquering his worst fear (of heights) and declaring his eternal love for her. And to think that this is the original, not just another cliche copy of all the chick flicks in the last decade.

I also really enjoyed seeing the Beverly Wiltshire in the early 90's. I stayed there on holiday last summer and the lobby looks nothing like that and there were way more tourists. Although the old glamour was still clearly evidence, along with the old elevator with the seats in it, where Julia Roberts sat when first shown to Richard Gere's penthouse suite. And I must admit, Richard Gere DOES look quite handsome and charming in the movie. Unlike in say. . Autumn in New York where he just looked old.

The perfect classic to watch on a girls night in.

13 Comments:

Blogger Asian Lep said...

Never, ever seen it? Not even in Romy & Michelle?

It's about time. I like this Pygmalion much better than Shakespeare.

3/25/2006 9:39 AM  
Anonymous pinksundrops said...

First manicures, now pretty woman. What next?? Actually I first watched Pretty Woman about your age, and had a manicure about the same time. Well except when I was 13. Not that I'm SOOO much older hahaha :)

3/25/2006 2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you mean the Regent Beverly Wilshire. :) What did you mean when you said "Its so obscure that I had to go search for it before I remembered the title of it at all." ??

3/25/2006 2:48 PM  
Anonymous Agathe said...

I saw it the first time last weekend, and I loved it too! There are many big movies I haven't seen. No Star Wars for example. People laugh at me for that. :)

3/25/2006 6:05 PM  
Blogger Barneys Girl said...

Asian Lep: Hm. . I'll put Romy & Michelle on my summer to do list.

Pinksundrop: LOL, I also went punting for the first time. Its MUCH harder and more tiring than it looks.

Anon: Yes, I did mean the regents. And I meant that it was so obscure to remember that I had to actually go search yahoo movies to find the title of it for the post.

Agathe: Yes its great isn't it? Next on my list is Breakfast at Tiffany's, Sabrina and other great classics like that.

3/25/2006 7:06 PM  
Blogger silversonic said...

To this DAY, I can't hear the song 'Kiss' by Prince without acting out the hot tub scene with Julia in headphones, performing the song while lipsmacking 'smack, smack, smack, smack, smack... Ki-iss'.

3/25/2006 9:48 PM  
Blogger freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,

9/24/2009 4:18 PM  
Blogger Adi said...

Oes Tsetnoc one of the ways in which we can learn seo besides Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. By participating in the Oes Tsetnoc or Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa we can improve our seo skills. To find more information about Oest Tsetnoc please visit my Oes Tsetnoc pages. And to find more information about Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa please visit my Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa pages. Thank you So much.
Oes Tsetnoc | Semangat Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa

11/27/2009 9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From stylish eve , home decorating ideas , handmade crafts , fashion clothes , beauty tips , beautiful women , home improvement , home and garden , arts and crafts plus family care , arts and crafts , greeting cards , food recipes , main dishes , beverages , salad recipes , appetizers recipes , sandwiches recipes , desserts recipes , paintings , drawings , oil painting , acrylic painting , watercolor painting , portrait drawing , beautiful women , fashion sketches , hairstyles , body care , makeup tips , gift ideas , hair care , gardening , home improvement , home decorating ideas

1/31/2010 12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bathroom ideas , bedroom decoration ideas , dining room decorating ideas , home accessories , lighting for the home , Home Office Ideas , Interior Design Ideas , kids room decor , kitchen decorating ideas , Living room decorating ideas , moroccan decor , home storage , wall decorations and rugs and carpets , gift wrapping ideas , gift ideas , hand care , foot care , gift wrapping ideas

1/31/2010 12:45 AM  
Anonymous online movies watch said...

Just one word : awesome, keep them coming
Online movies watch free

2/25/2010 7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

коттедж
восстановление зрения
зеленый лазер
электрошокер

7/15/2010 5:55 PM  
Anonymous Jeans said...

Buy Jeans and Fashion Jeans online only at our clothing store!
JeansPilot blogspot

9/26/2010 6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home