May 05, 2006

T3 Tourmaline Styling Iron

After much rave from absolutely everyone and much consideration on my part, I finally bought the T3 Professional Ionic Ceramic Hair Styling Iron, Medium Duality.

How cool is that? For just $160, you get perfect, less-damaged-than-normal-irons hair! And you even have the option by going $40 further and get to curl/straighten your hair dry or WET! But of course, as avid followers of fashion and beauty you already know this.

What you don't know (well at least I didn't until I read the instructions), is that even guys can use it to spike there hair like this:

Very sexy. Anyone tried this?

As for results, while I DID manage make my hair look straight and sleek like her. . .

I did NOT however manage to make my hair as curly as they said it would here in the instructions. My hair looked nothing like that. In the end, I just gave up and straightened my hair instead.

I am very disappointed. I probably just didn't have the skill/patience to do it properly, but I thought the whole purpose of getting an expensive styling iron was to have perfect straight/curly hair whenever we want effortlessly.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe ur just doing it the wrong way? Get your hairdresser to teach you. I got mine to teach me how, and his 'technique' works with even cheaper straighteners so it should definitely work for a top of the line product like T3.

5/06/2006 1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's quite fantastic. I agree, definitely consult your stylist whom I'm sure can give you great tips. Also, try a curl concious cream like Bumble & Bumble's which should help.

5/06/2006 2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was extremely picky about my irons - the man never understood why. I told him that women had perpetual bad hair days until they existed. ;-)

5/07/2006 11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want to know how to curl my hair with an iron please my hairdresser didnt want to teach me, ive seen him doing it but when i try to do it I get really confused

5/09/2006 7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great for straightening, but I had the same problem with curls - they came out all kinky because of the not-so-rounded edges on the T3. Going to ask the hairdresser next time I see her.

5/10/2006 12:52 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

The T3 is an excellent straightener, but as far as I'm concerned it is crap when it comes to curling. I ended up with loose, kinky waves with ends that pointed every which way.

Still, when it comes to straightening, the T3 is hard to beat. The only other one I've tried that might be marginally better is the Sedu.

5/10/2006 2:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would also really like to know how to curl with the T3 iron. I purchased mine off of e-bay and it didn't come with the how-to booklet so I'm completely in the dark. Can anyone help me out and let me know how it is even done?
Thanks!

6/08/2006 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home