May 01, 2007

Casual Tees for Spring!

First of all, I'd like to make an important announcement (which is so important we decided to reiterate it on our side bar!). As most of you know by now, since forever, we've been blogging from mon-saturday every week (give or take a few hours). But because of upcoming finals and all (HG is having her end of year finals, one of those UK uni ones where they accumulate everything they've taught in the last year into one big exam at the end- *shiver* I'm so glad I follow the US system) our blogging schedule is going to be temporarily changed to tue/thu/sat until the week of June 11th 2007, with a few extra blogs thrown in should time allow. After that, we promise we will be back on schedule with even more of our rantings and observations on fashion and life in general!

So anyways, back onto today's topic. Now that spring has finally arrived, I was digging through my spring/summer wardrobe I have here in Chicago and realised that I had a serious lack in casual tees. Especially those that didn't have "Abercrombie" emblazoned all over it. Now here is one of those times when I ask myself- WHAT was I thinking?

Why, from the whole A&F store, did I not choose something more discreet and versatile like this tank and this henley?
Or even better some pretty tops that don't say Abercrombie at all, but are just casual and cute. If only I can get my money back on those tees and get these instead.
I really can do with more simple but pretty tops this spring/summer, like these two from Express. I was looking for a top to go with my summer skirts this weekend, and these two with their neutral colors and simple but girly designs would've been perfect!
A pretty laced tank with contrasting colors, such as this one (left) from American Eagle would be great too- oh wait, I already have something very similar from Coco and Mimi last year and I wear it all the time. LOL. Or you can go just go with a simple plain tank, like this one from J Crew (right). To make it fun, try layering tanks of fun, bright, summery, neon colors with more neutral colored tanks.

With everything going loose these days, a simple loosely fitted tee, like this one (left) from American Eagle may be all you need. For a bit more style and fit, try this empire waist tee with flirty sleeves from Forever 21(right).

More loosely fitted bubbly tees from FCUK (left) and Urban Outfitters (right). I am LOVING the look of the FCUK one. Oh and these simple scooped neck tees would be the perfect complement to wear those funky loud necklaces HG was talking about the other day.
And just to conclude, we have these classic graphic tees, which I am absolutely LOVING from J Crew. They are cute with graphics on them in such a way that are not overly loud or obscene. You can wear by itself or with a fun jacket/skirt and not have to worry about patterns clashing and such.

I definitely need to go shopping this weekend to check all these out for real!

32 Comments:

Blogger - said...

love the last one

5/02/2007 12:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the fcuk one aswell but im not into abercrombie at all, its what all the girls who dressed identically used to wear at school.
did you see the shoot in april ukvogue with paper dresses and stuff? i loved it so much you should take a look.

5/02/2007 12:45 AM  
Blogger Perpetually Sarah said...

Good luck on the exams! We'll be excited to have you back full time!

The J.Crew warehouse is located in my city! We have tons of sample sales/clearance merch. It's one reason I don't want to move!

5/02/2007 1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really like the fcuk top but cant seem to find it on the website, does anyone know how much it it? the abercrombie tees and vests are all really pretty too but for the price they're really not worth it!

5/02/2007 1:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kind of like the ones in the second picture, although the material looks stretchy (argh, I hate stretchy material). My favourite is the first top from Express, very feminine.

5/02/2007 1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this blog, it's supercute! I really need some new tshirts for spring/summer because I've grown out (taller) of my old ones, so this was a great post. They have some new ones at UO that are pretty cute (just simple striped tees, about 25$ each) and they have slightly longer sleeves so they flatter those who don't have SUPER toned arms.
anyway, thanks for the great post and good luck on your finals!

5/02/2007 2:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, you'll be amazing!!! - Steph xx

5/02/2007 2:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im loving the graphic tees...so cute!

5/02/2007 3:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that summer is FINALLY here (I thought winter would never end), I too have realized I have no summer clothes. I've been trying to plan a shopping day but just haven't had the time lately. I really want to go to Lord and Taylor because a few of my co-workers have told me their spring line looks great.

5/02/2007 3:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://bp1.blogger.com/_NUbPhaVyuGs/RjbArSBggkI/AAAAAAAAAbc/UR6_nOc3LeQ/s1600-h/Casual+Tops-+AF+1.jpg

I have that ribbon straps tank and it's really cute! You should definitely try it on.

5/02/2007 4:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on your exams!
As a fellow student who has survived 5 exams and has one more waiting around the corner, I can totally empathize!

I think everyone went through the stage where they only wore logo tees. I try to opt for more seasonless clothes, like solid colors or cute prints, since those will be in style, no matter what!

I never knew you had a blogging schedule! I check this site almost everyday, I swear! I love this blog!! :)

5/02/2007 7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the ones in the second picture (so pretty! and perfect for warm weather!) as well as the Express tops. :) I definitely think you should get them. They'll go with everything.

5/02/2007 10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

target has a top just like that fcuk one, except a little darker grey...and only $14.99!

i got it this past weekend :o)

5/02/2007 2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love those last two jcrew tees! perfect for my vineyard/nantucket trip.

5/02/2007 2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this blog.

i visit it relgiously.

gluck with the exams.

whenever u guys have time..

can you do a entry on bathing suits.
(with a variety: conservative/chic/cute)

THANKS!!!!

5/02/2007 2:58 PM  
Blogger The Curio Keeper said...

Old Navy also has very cute tees in many colours. Although their fit is sometimes a little bit odd they're definately worth a try. There's also a ridiculously cute Marc Jacobs tee with a shark on the front on Shopbop.

5/02/2007 4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I never buy anything with huge logos (I don't like being a billboard for someone's company), I think it allows you to keep a more timeless looks to your casual clothes.

5/02/2007 8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Abercrombie tank to the left! Nice post!

5/02/2007 11:59 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

I love the turquoise tank tops!!

ugh i'm such a tank top addict!
it's a problem :P

5/03/2007 6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

frankly from all the complexity of fashion, i got carried away and totally forgot how awesome the basic tee is. and how just dressing simply and conveniently best suits my everyday life

5/03/2007 10:31 AM  
Blogger Weekly Blogette said...

Your blog is amazing...won't be the same with you taking your finals in all but I hope everything goes for the best and don't stress! Anyway, I love the second pair of tank tops b/c they're the most feminine. But all in all these shirts show that you can have comfort and wear casual without looking dowdy.

5/03/2007 12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so fashion conscious that generally I move with the style. I love wearing girly tees and my favourite is the neutral colour tees from Express. It is very feminine. But I don’t like stretchable ones.

5/03/2007 7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you all seen the new female college lifestyle website "College Candy." the traffic has exploded over the last month and it's really made my life a little better every time I visit. they've got some really interesting articles ranging from john mayer saving the world to a free Juicy bag give away. check it out.. you will enjoy!

http://www.CollegeCandy.com

5/04/2007 3:06 AM  
Blogger Geisha said...

I have the top in the third picture! I love it...the last
j. crew one is ADORABLE, too!

XOXO,
Geisha

5/04/2007 4:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the FCUK shirt. It's my favorite by far :D

Great blog by the way :)

5/05/2007 4:57 AM  
Blogger Greentea said...

as much as i hate abercrombie
the tank with the lacy tie and the grey print, real pretty, but only once in a blue moon would you find something that doesn't have a moose splatered over it with paint streaks and some "distressed" holes.

5/06/2007 5:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are some nice men's t-shirts I found at TJMaxx. solid color nike t-shirts, I found red, maroon, blue, yellow, purple, green, and navy, and they may also come in white, gray and black. They hug the contours of my body and are not baggy like alot of men's t-shirts. I bought like 7 total, some earlier, some today. If you aren't big into labeled t-shirts or logos, these nike t-shirts could be for you. I never find any good t-shirts in the women's at TJMaxx, or just about anywhere else for that matter.

5/08/2007 6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm looking a very good stuff on latest fashion trend. I always like this type of post, which offer the current affairs of styling and fashion.

3/04/2008 12:55 AM  
Blogger Sakura Rose said...

Adorable! I love your taste!

Jessica Rogers
Owner, Sakura Rose Boutique
www.sakurarose.com

9/11/2008 9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've browsed http://stopfatgain.com through your post, keep it http://stopfatau.com up writing the same stuff, I http://notasinglepound.com would clearly be keen to see more of you.

6/05/2012 12:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

christmas vacation memes
christmas greetings quotes
christmas greetings for family
christmas wishes for daughter
christmas wishes for clients

10/30/2017 10:30 PM  
Blogger ahmed said...

https://twishort.com/4qrnc

3/10/2019 5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home