May 03, 2007

Fancy Casual Tops

I know, this title seems like an oxymoron. But you know what I mean. I mean those shirts that are fancy but casual at the same time. Plain but with a bit of a twist here and there to make it special and worth its (usually exorbitant) price. We all need a few like these in our wardrobe amongst the basics to give our outfits a bit more definition and style. So here are some I like this season:

Since the last post, I found some more cool graphic tees from Top Shop that I totally don't mind having. So I thought I'd just put it in here.

Make a bold statement with these polka dot and geometric printed shirts (left: Marc by MJ, right: Spring and Clifton). These are definitely something you would wear with some very plain basics, like jeans or solid colored bottoms.
Something a little bit more subtle but still has a lot of style, there are these two very pretty and feminine shirts from Top Shop. I actually REALLY like the corset/tee shirt on the right. Its from the Kate Moss collection and I like it because its different but still very simple so would match a LOAD of things from casual jeans to a pretty evening skirt. Some more cute camis. The united coloring makes these two camis easy to wear and the textured pattern gives it a more delicate and feminine touch. (Left: Catherine Maladrino, Right: Juicy Couture).

Back to solid colored shirts, we have more versatile but feminine and cute tees. I am loving these designs from McQ (left) and See by Chloe (right). These are definitely something I'd like to pair my printed summer dresses with, without looking too casual in a simple white tee and such.
I simple ADORE the neckline design of these two from Marc by Marc Jacobs. In fact, I REALLY want that tank on the left. It would look good and pretty by itself or underneath a blazer without being overpowering.

A continuation of the simple oversized shirt thing going on this seasn, I thought I just throw in these two from Alice + Olivia (left) and Top Shop (right).

Now these are the definition of simple with a twist! I definitely see myself in the sleeveles by Marc by Marc Jacobs, both for day AND night. And the Vanessa Bruno ATHE top for the day as a more feminine version of the oversize top thing.

A simpler (and cheaper) version of the grey Marc by MJ top above. This one is from Top Shop. And for those in the UK, I think this red top from the Kate Moss collection at Top Shop is a GREAT investment. These folds you see here are at the back, from the front it looks like a plain scoop necked tank. And unlike some back-folding detail shirts I've seen this season, I think this one actually looks flattering. How cool is that? Definitely go check it out!

Photo Credits: Shopbop, Top Shop, Net-a-Porter

23 Comments:

Blogger Weekly Blogette said...

I love the designs on the two Marc Jacobs shirts. Especially the one with rosettes...very spring '07.
Oh and your blog R-O-C-K-S!
Hey could you checkout my blog sometime?

5/04/2007 7:02 AM  
Blogger The Curio Keeper said...

I lovelovelove the owl shirt, it's incredibly cute and whimsical; also that MJ tank with the flowers!! My one criticism is that a great number of t-shirts these days tend to be on the longer side, and that really doesn't look so flattering on every body.

5/04/2007 9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the sleeveles by Marc by Marc Jacobs and the Vanessa Bruno ATHE top. There are just times when you're wearing plain bottoms and want something a little bit more dressy on top. Sometimes I think that it's the small little details on a piece of clothing that can totally complete an outfit.

5/04/2007 10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the first one (left). It's cute and edgy; I can see myself wearing it on a casual Friday night. The owl one is sort of "meh" to me.There are far too many t-shirts with owl graphics nowadays.

The polka dots and geometric printed shirts are cute, but I have a feeling it'll look bad on anyone busty which is a shame.

The MJ shirts with the quirky necklines would look fantastic paired off with a nice skirt. *tempted*

5/04/2007 10:36 AM  
Blogger Viola said...

Hi!

I just wanted you to know that I love your blog! It's always nice to read. And the tops on these pictures are cute!

-Viola from Finland

5/04/2007 4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Great Marc Jacobs
Regards

Robert

5/04/2007 6:42 PM  
Blogger Health Watch Center said...

Wow coooooool collection...my girl liked all....but going to get a couple only.... :-)

Skin Care Beauty Zone

P.S. New here wanted to start my journey with "Hello"

5/04/2007 9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love, love, love the geometric colourblock top by Spring and Clifton! Also like the rosette-adorned knit Marc by Marc Jacobs tank.
- Anaïs

5/05/2007 2:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really don't like that brown Marc by Marc Jacobs shirt. It looks frumpy.

5/05/2007 2:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the model in the brown MJ top looks like one who used to model for Urban Outfitters. You can't go wrong with tshirts in my opinion but i wish different lengths were available since I prefer a shorter length tshirt especially to wear with skirts.

5/05/2007 12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the casual tees that can be worn dressy! I love the Marc by Marc Jacobs tops! You have a great blog! Please check out mine and add it to your blog roll, I added your blog to my blog roll.

http://clotheshorseok.wordpress.com

5/06/2007 9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really dig the first set that you mentioned. I think that it's ok to pay a little more for fashion that is unique - obviously some thought went into the actual creation. As an artist myself, I wouldn't want to sell myself short!

5/07/2007 5:59 AM  
Blogger Disneyrollergirl.net said...

Well I like longer tops but only if they're flared or -ahem- 'trapeze' as we are calling them now. Very good for skimming a paunchy tummy! Love Vanessa Bruno but agree with the person who said owls are a bit played out as the moment. Also, the Kate Moss red top really looks cheapo in real life (sorry!)...

5/08/2007 3:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the top från topshop and marc jacobs! Soo cute!

5/09/2007 2:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Acrobat also does a good job of chic but not plain shirts for a casual but not too casual look for instance this top would look great with jeans and flats
http://www.bluefly.com/pages/products/detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=2055613919&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2005344239&N=957&Nao=36&Ns=Popularity%7c0%7c%7cProduct%2bCode%7c1&Nu=Product+ID

5/09/2007 4:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Found some great recommendations at Fashion Today for tops for summer.

Great article on how to turn casual Chic!

5/11/2007 3:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVED EVERY single shirt from the 3 one and on. you have great taste!

5/14/2007 8:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

These shirts are really cute. I especially like the owl top and the top from Kate Moss' collection. Beautiful color.

4/16/2010 7:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Christian Shoes
can be relied on for a hint of executive authority, more brands are marketing air-cushioned Christian Louboutin Sandals
or walking Christian Louboutin Boots
. La New, plans to introduce " air-cushioned Christian Louboutin Pumps
" for their 2009 spring and summer lines.

6/23/2010 9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

these tops are really cute!! i love most of them.. especially the MJ collection..

2/11/2011 12:39 PM  
Anonymous Jordan said...

Here, I do not actually think this is likely to have success.
download game | gametop | games | free games | download new games

11/28/2011 5:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

christmas wishes for cards
christmas eve meme
christmas wishes lyrics
christmas wishes in english
christmas greetings photos
christmas greetings sms

10/30/2017 10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is new information. Thanks...
Mobile App Development India
Client Server Development In India

8/29/2018 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home