June 29, 2007

Chloe Shades SS07

Ever since I saw the latest Chloe shades at Nordstrom back in March, I've been in LOVE with them. They are flattering, girly, fun and most of all different from all the other shades on the streets. And it seems that the stars think so too, as many of them have been spotted wearing them.Ex-OC stars, Mischa Barton and Rachel Bilson wearing the Myrte. Ooo and I LOVE Mischa's jacket.
Lindsay Lohan and Cameron Diaz also sporting the Myrte.
And I must say, I agree with most of the stars here and prefer the second rounder one better, the design combined with the shape which is just so much more flattering, makes it perfect.The one Rachel has on is different, but definitely not as flattering. The aviator style sloping down thing makes it look more masculine and a bit sad- should shades have personalities that is.
For the longest time I was lusting after these hexagonal ones. Because I thought, well, I already have squarish ones, why not have a hexagon one? And these look great. And I also liked the off-white color too. But alas, after trying them on several times, I had to finally admit that they are not for me. Maybe I've become so accustomed to large frames now that I just can't accept smaller frames anymore...
Then at the store I tried on these ones (the lower rounder ones) in purple and it looked awesome. This shape is flattering and yet still different with its large round metal frame, half silver, half purple. Now THIS is fashion. But alas after MUCH debating, I finally decided that I'd like to wear them for more than one season and with that half silver and half purple rim thing, it was too trendy for me

In the end, I bought a similarly styled paired sans the dual colored rims, from Marc Jacobs in brown (I know, it doesn't quite look brown here, but it is. I considered the purple ones and they're much pinker than this). While the metal frames and round shape style is still the same, this design is much simpler, more feminine and much more classic. The only downside is that this design is not very condusive to sticking it on my head like a hairband cause the nose thing gets in the way. But I'll live ;)

Photo Credits: Chloe, Mischa Style, CoutureCandy and Life & Style.

18 Comments:

Blogger fashionistakay said...

I really adore the retro shape of the many shades of Chloe.Nice!

6/29/2007 3:03 AM  
Blogger fashionistakay said...

mind if I linked you? Your blog was probably the first I went head over heels for.
p.s. could you checkout my blog sometime?

6/29/2007 3:05 AM  
Blogger Geisha said...

I adore the half silver, half purple ones!!! I just can't get enough of them...I'm in love :)

6/29/2007 9:19 AM  
Blogger Baby Jess said...

as someone who is working for chloe, you have no idea how many times i was tempted to buy their shades, however i opted for tom ford's new collection instead.

i do love the pair you brought though.

6/29/2007 11:46 PM  
Blogger Fashion Lolita said...

lovely !

6/30/2007 6:23 AM  
Anonymous Caroline said...

Rachel Bilson looks soooo good in all types of aviators, and I always try to copy it, and always end up failing to look as cool.

6/30/2007 7:36 AM  
Blogger Picture Fashion said...

Don't care for the chloe shades, but love the glasses you got.

6/30/2007 8:34 AM  
Anonymous behzad zibahalat said...

you are very nice girls , i like your jobs and u please cheak me my face and jobs http://www.360.yahoo.com/pe.ji
thanks

6/30/2007 10:15 PM  
Anonymous Ally said...

rachel bilson rocks her shades!

7/01/2007 12:43 PM  
Blogger plain.jane said...

mischa's jacket... i think it's Mike&Chris

7/02/2007 10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mother’s Day and Any Day!
If you haven’t bought the special woman in your life a Mother’s day present, you’re cutting
things close! Fortunately, handbags are the perfect gift whether you are trying to celebrate
Mother’s day or any other holiday, or even if you just want to give her a gift to show her how
much you love her and appreciate all she has done for you. Exact replica designer handbags makes
it easy to spoil the special lady in your life by making beautiful, high quality replica handbags
that are easily affordable, so you can surprise her frequently with a beautiful handbag without
having to go bankrupt.
The Jimmy Choo Ruse Messenger Bag in chocolate is a bag that any woman would be ecstatic to get,
no matter what the occasion was. This ruse leather messenger bag is made with a beautiful dark,
worn-leather look and water snake trim. It has a gold-tone signature clasp and is lined in suede
with a lilac trim. Made in Italy, this exact replica designer handbag is just one of thousands
that will make the special woman in your life jump with joy.http://www.ereplicasupplier.com/

7/23/2008 10:47 AM  
Blogger popular.style said...

It's really amazing for Chloe to make the old fashion retro shades into modernization...

10/13/2008 3:58 PM  
Anonymous lani said...

beautiful chloe sunglasses, everyone is still wearing the chloe mytre 2119 sunglasses even two years later. I am pretty sure these are going to be a classic to add to your collection. Kim Kardashian, Nicole Richie, Lauren Conrad, Rachel Bilson and many others were seen in them recently.

8/16/2009 3:25 PM  
Blogger freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,

9/25/2009 2:41 PM  
Anonymous online movies watch said...

Just one word : awesome, keep them coming
Online movies watch free
Online movie streaming

2/25/2010 8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

коттедж
восстановление зрения
зеленый лазер
электрошокер

7/15/2010 6:39 PM  
Anonymous Jeans said...

Buy Jeans and Fashion Jeans online only at our clothing store!
JeansPilot blogspot

9/26/2010 6:03 PM  
Anonymous Peter said...

This won't really have effect, I think so.
Dermatologist In Houston Tx | dopamine deficiency | supplements for anxiety

11/27/2011 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home