June 23, 2007

One Of My Random Outfits...

Just wanted to post an outfit I wore for a Friday night out a few weeks ago:

Simple black dress from Uniqlo, which I only discovered recently (yes I'm slow,) and visited because I wanted to check out the Phillip Lim for Uniqlo collection but didn't see any when I was there (-so disappointed!) Instead I picked this dress up. The best thing about it is that it's made of cotton, so it's machine-washable!

A belt from Kate Moss Top Shop. I love the studs and that it's wraps around the waist two times. What I'm not too big on is the suade because it's such an easy-to-get-dirty material. Yes it's over-priced but I was in desperate need for a belt and it's hard for me to find a belt I actually like.

Gold shoes to add a bit of nighttime glam to the outfit. And I wore a bright emerald green-coloured wrap on top. I figure when I get sick of wearing this outfit at night, I can just wear it with gladiator sandals instead as a daytime outfit. Genius (not)!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

love love love the shoes!

6/23/2007 4:46 AM  
Blogger Geisha said...

That dress is really cute!

6/23/2007 5:48 AM  
Anonymous Connie said...

I love that dress. I just bought it recently too. :)

6/23/2007 6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the dress is so AH-dorable

6/23/2007 7:17 AM  
Blogger Fashion Lolita said...

LBD is always everything you just want it to be.

6/23/2007 7:23 AM  
Blogger The Stiletto Effect said...

love all 3, but that dress is so my style, love it :)

6/23/2007 7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


6/23/2007 9:08 AM  
Anonymous Ugh said...

I never understood wearing a belt over a dress. It looks stupid. There's no function -- and if you didn't like the material -- why did you buy it?

You fashion slaves...

6/23/2007 12:39 PM  
Anonymous Ally said...

that reminds me to buy a black dress, I saw one but none in my size =(

6/23/2007 4:37 PM  
Anonymous jj said...

ehh wearing a belt helps to cinch your waist and define your body
sometimes its up to the belt that makes or breaks the outfit.

6/23/2007 5:48 PM  
Anonymous veronica said...

i'm not sure about that particular belt (but that may just be me b/c i hate studs always and always) but i do love the dress and the shoes! good choices on them :)

6/23/2007 7:49 PM  
Anonymous jefferson said...

Your look is gonna be great but I wouldn't wear the belt...

but the rest to me sounds great.. you've picked a discreet dress up and then you've picked a very shocking shoe up...


6/23/2007 8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dress and shoes are perfect, but I don't get your belt choice. Just because it is Kate Moss does not mean it great.

I got an awesome belt that I get a million compliments on from MossMills.com.

I think the pieces you find from smaller designers are usually much nicer than from the "established" ones.

6/24/2007 12:22 AM  
Anonymous Classy Gals said...

The Gold Shoes are hot!

6/24/2007 12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think the dress is very cute.. the belt is stylish. the two straps and studs make it a little more special and i can imagine it cinching the waist very nicely.. the shoes are hot too.. normally ihate gold but it goes well with the dress.. i think it would also go well with a pair of bright flats. like turquoise or fuschia

6/24/2007 12:38 AM  
Anonymous Amber said...

I love the way that just a different pair of shoes can completely 'upgrade' and change the whole outfit.

6/24/2007 1:22 AM  
Blogger Ballerina K said...

did you get the dress from Uniqlo in NYC?

6/24/2007 1:45 AM  
Blogger Harrods Girl said...

Ballerina K: I got the dress from Uniqlo in London. It's basically available in all Uniqlo stores, I'm guessing.

6/24/2007 3:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this look a new trend in England or something? I saw a picture of a girl wearing the same exact outfit, except she wore different shoes and her dress was slightly different, but almost same as yours. She wore the same belt too.

6/24/2007 10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the pics! i loved to see what you put together for the weekend. absolutely loved this outfit, i like how it's chic but basic. i was happy to see some gold shoes in the mix! i think they're the perfect compliment. i just bought an ADORABLE C Lable pair with the bonnie ankle strap at bluefly, i can't get enough of them!

6/26/2007 10:41 PM  
Blogger Mr. Shoes said...

those shoes are fairly fabulous

and i love the fashionista air of your blog

simply wonderful

6/27/2007 1:06 AM  
Blogger freefun0616 said...



9/25/2009 2:43 PM  
Anonymous online movies watch said...

Just one word : awesome, keep them coming
Online movies watch free
Online movie streaming

2/25/2010 8:58 AM  
Anonymous Jeans said...

Buy Jeans and Fashion Jeans online only at our clothing store!
JeansPilot blogspot

9/26/2010 6:06 PM  
Anonymous Venetian Beauty Reviews said...

my best outfit would be something natural and comfortable. But always remember its better to be overdress than without a dress at all.

6/01/2011 12:48 PM  
Blogger Jessica Boone said...

Happy Fathers Day sayings
Father's Day Messages 2016
Father's Day Wishes 2016
Happy Father's Day Quotes
Happy Father’s Day Images

6/05/2016 5:57 AM  
Blogger blogger said...

Happy Diwali 2016
Diwali Festival Information & Wiki
Diwali Festival Information & Wiki
Happy Diwali 2016 Rangoli designs

8/09/2016 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home