September 13, 2007

New York SS08 Fashion Week Wrapup III

New York Fashion Week is over! OK, so instead of going through a few shows like I usually do, I'm picking the outfits that I liked from Marc by Marc and Philosophy. Why those two collections? Not because they are particularly directional or Nina-Ricci-stunning, but because they are contemporary, young and affordable (if you only buy a few pieces.)
Marc by Marc Jacobs
I think this is the first Marc by Marc show that I didn't like on first sight. Usually I adore the way accessories are piled on seemingly randomly and the cute clothes. But this time, the clothes were just really colourful -and I mean lots of colour in single garments. This collection was definately not my taste. These three were practically the only looks I liked.
Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti
I've never paid too much attention to Philosophy until I noticed that the Co-ed dept of a department store I like sells it. I never seem to find anything I want on the racks but hey, I'm sure I'll find something someday so I'm keeping note of the runway collection.
I really like the dress in the middle but really, where would I wear it to? But the subtle black patterns are such sooo pretty!
The red beaded dress on the right is so cute, short and slinky. It would be such a fabulous flirty cocktail dress. Sigh, I'm already looking foward to next summer!
OK so here's a tiny issue BG and I are now thinking about. Our hairstylist recently started working for another hair salon. BG's not too fond of the new salon -it's not as comfortable and she liked the hair technicians at the old salon. So the question is, should we follow him to the new salon or stick to the old salon and change stylists? OK, like I said, not significant at all but just something that we are mulling over in the last few weeks of our summer holiday.
Image credit: http://www.style.com/

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really like the primary coloured shoes in the last three, theyre cool.
id say try out another stylist, its always good to have someone new taking a look at ur hair from a different perspective, u might get some awesome results!

9/13/2007 4:12 AM  
Blogger Alysia said...

Depends on how much you love your hairstylist. Maybe give a new one a try and if it doesn't work out go back to your old one. :)

9/13/2007 5:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a hairdresser myself, I can tell you if you don't feel good in the new salon you probably never will. Stylists have to be very careful what salons they work at because if it has a vibe that doesn't fit your client base. Bye. Bye clients.

9/13/2007 5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay with the old salon. I'm sure there's another stylist there that can do a good job

9/13/2007 10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMYGOSH! i LOVLOVLOVLOVLOVLOV all the Philosophy dresses they are casual yet dressed up! they're ADORABLE

and i lov ur blog too thankx :D

9/13/2007 10:48 AM  
Blogger Ebony Looney said...

While I have to admit that I wouldn't wear all the dresses, they are cute. I wish we could have seen some women (ahem) of color on the runway.
Did you guys make it to Kimmora's show?

9/13/2007 11:52 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I must of been sleeping on Philosophy, as I've never noticed the brand before- but those dresses are adorable! The middle one in the top photo is absolutely delicious.

As for the hair situation, maybe go in once to check out the new salon if you really enjoy your current stylist? If you really don't like the salon after that initial visit, then return to the old salon. Then you've at least given the new place a fair trial run and your stylist will know that.

9/13/2007 6:05 PM  
Blogger xoxo said...

i've never heard of this brand before,
some amazing work though!

i wish i could go to fashion shows,
there arnt really any here :(

xx

9/13/2007 7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if your old salon is a well-known, credible one then stick with it.. chances are, every new stylist they hire will be above a certain standard.. but if you think that your old stylist has a "thing" he does and no one can understand your wishes like that, letting him go will be a waste.. (i would still not change salons, i go to toni&guy, pretty much same treatment everytime, i know what to expect)

9/13/2007 7:45 PM  
Blogger hannah said...

i love the marc by marc jacobs. but some of the dresses look just like chloe from one or two years ago. hmmm...

9/15/2007 1:36 AM  
Blogger Fuchsia said...

Nice blog! Thanks for sharing!
Be in fashion with me:
http://fuchsia-fashion.blogspot.com/search?q=fashion

9/16/2007 11:12 PM  
Blogger ErickBlack said...

Agree with the blog. check out my fashion story.

http://freshwriter.blogspot.com/

9/19/2007 2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the wonderful effort

إني تذكـرت والذكرى مؤرقـة *مجـداً تلـيدا بأيـدينا أضعـناه

أنَّى اتجهتَ للإسـلام في بـلـدٍ * تجْده كالطيرِ مقصـوصًا جناحـاه

كـم صرفتنا يـدٌ كنـا نـصرفها * وبات يـملكنا شعب مـلكناه

بالله سل خلف بحر الروم عن عرب * بالأمس كانوا هنا واليوم قد تاهوا

وانزل دمشق وسائل صخر مسجدها * عمن بناه لعل الـصخر ينعـاه

هذى معـالم خرس كـل واحـدة * منهن قامت خطيبـا فاغرا فـاه

الله يعلم ما قلبت سـيرتهم يومـا * وأخطـأ دمـع الـعين مـجراه

يا من يرى عمـراتكسوه بردته * الزيت أدمٌ لـه والكـوخ مـأواه

يهتز كسـرى على كرسيه فرقـا * من خوفه ، وملوك الروم تخشـاه

يا رب فابعث لنا من مثلهم نفـرا * يشـيدون لـنا مـجدا أضعنـاه

7/05/2009 6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home