February 15, 2008

Final Sale

Its finally FINAL sales time! And I admit, I've been struggling with the the-sales-are-so-good-I-simply-MUST-buy-something syndrome. Thus, lately I've spent a LOT of time online window shopping desperately looking for something to buy in order to take advantage of the bargains. So here are some of my finds. After seeing on TV this local celeb wearing this Balenciaga-esque blazer (yes, I recognized the whole look as J Crew- and indeed it was) with an argyle sweater looking really cool, I've been wanting this white blazer (and preferably the argyle sweater too). I just LOVE the simple yellow lining of the blazer. I'd never have thought that yellow lining would look nice- but this one works! And the BEST thing is, it is on sale from $250 to $99!!!! I think that is a fair price considering that it is made of wool, but I'm still hesitant to fork out $100 for J Crew, especially when free shipping is not available.
I've also been dying to get a dress from Shopbop since the sales are up to 70% off and there is free delivery. I even narrowed it down to these two above (left: AKA, right: Karen Zambos), each around $120, which I think is a good deal because they ARE silk dresses and both used to be in the $400 price range- but alas, many of my friends disagree. Maybe my sense of value is going wonky? Anyway, I LOVE these two dresses because one is simple, modern and fun (the pink strip is also detachable making it that much more versatile), while the other is classic, ladylike, very pretty and just very me. I struggled between buying the two at the beginning and was leaning towards the AKA one since its more lively, but alas, its hard to imagine whether it'll look nice on me when I haven't tried it. My friends pointed out that the horizontal partings on the AKA dress may make me look shorter. And I worry that the blue dress is too prim and old looking. Sigh,
thats the thing about final sale items- no return!!
Other things that caught my eye. I thought this dress (left) from Joie is the CUTEST thing. At $88.50 down from $295, it sounds pretty good. Though it occurred to me that it might not so good on me in person. I can't quite put a finger as to why though. Then there was this silk dress (right) from Thayer, which can double as a skirt as well. I don't particularly like the style of the strapless dress, but I love the versatility. Down to around $80 as well, it seems like a good buy.
I adore the black dress with the chiffon sleeves (left) from Sweetface, the mixture of material makes the all black that much more interesting. And its only around $70! And the black metallic Mint Jodi Arnold dress (right) looks so much like this black dress I tried on at Barneys by Alice Ritter, which I fell in love with but was waaay too expensive, that I want it. I love the black metallic texture. If only I didn't already have too many black dresses already.
Another dress I was considering was this pink backless dress from T Bags, because I LOVE the print! From the front it looks nice and its only around $50. But I'm not too hot about the back. The cheap jersey material and bright colors in combination with a big backless hole, borders too much on skanky and slutty for my comfort. Besides, I'm not sure that a cheap looking jersey dress should be worth $50 at all!
We mustn't forget about shoes. I think these two from Ernesto Exposito mary janes are so cute. It has the perfect balance of texture, chunkiness and finesse. PLUS, its a bargain at $150, down from the $500's. And yes, I know, I have a thing for tall, chunky heeled, gently rounded pumps. These ones from Joie are exactly the way I like them. Down to $105 from $210, its not bad. These are SHOES after all. But alas, they ran out of my size.

So in the end, after all this over analysis, I finally didn't end up buying anything. So what do you guys think? Did I make the right decision not to get any of this, or am I missing out on some great deals?

Image Source: J Crew and Shopbop

25 Comments:

Blogger ModernGear TV said...

I am so excited about this season - girly girl flowy dresses and preppy again. My faves!

At 6 months pregnant with cankles by the end of the day though, I must sadly skip the Mary Janes at the bottom of the post...or wear them mid-day before all liquid has pooled in my lower extremities.

Nice collection of goodies here!

2/16/2008 3:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was browsing the internet in desperate need of finding good deals on qute outfits, and have found this great web-site www.southmoonunder.com
I bought myself a few outfits with matching shoes and jewelry. The service was very fast and the best part was that shipping was free on orders over 100.
I was so impressed and fall in love with this company.
My comment may be out of topic, but you need to check it out!

2/16/2008 4:28 AM  
Blogger Hillary said...

I absolutely adore that argyle sweater. It is BEAUTIFUL!

2/16/2008 7:24 AM  
Blogger Fashion Tidbits said...

you should def consider getting that blazer! the colour is fab!

2/16/2008 2:13 PM  
Blogger Jin said...

Don't get the purple silk dress! It looks pretty much like a sack, IMO. May be hard to pull off.

2/16/2008 11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should go for some of these items.. they really are great deals. I would definitely be careful about the dresses, but go with the cut and style that usually works for you. I've bought a couple baby-doll style dresses on sale because I know that cut works for me.. I wish I could get a strapless but I know those RARELY fit me, so I passed.

2/17/2008 1:00 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

You should have bought the JCrew blazer

2/17/2008 2:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the blazer from jcrew also comes in this heather grey color, which i think is actually better looking than the creme one. but i think they're sold out : ((

2/17/2008 11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who says free shipping isn't available at J Crew? There were a bunch of coupons that just expired on the 16th!

2/17/2008 5:08 PM  
Blogger TINA said...

Adorable, the dresses are so chic (especially the black one from AKA and the also the one by Mint Jodi Arnold). But, I think you did make a good choice overall...the practically of some of these items (not counting the J.Crew clothes) is kind of iffy (unless you attend parties/cocktails often). I know how you feel, though...I hate turning down good bargains!

2/18/2008 11:07 AM  
Blogger la petite fashionista said...

i think you should still go for the j.crew balenciaga-esque blazer.. its so chic, and an updated classic. i think it's definitely worth $100

2/18/2008 11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Everybody! I was searching for "modern" jewelry and came across Georg Jensen and Van Elly jewelry. Has anybody heard of / bought these brands? They both do sterling silver and are distinctly different from Tiffany jewelry. Prices are mid-high.

If anybody has purchased jewelry from these two brands, please let me know how you like them! I'm thinking about buying some jewelry from these brands. I just want something different from Tiffanys.

2/21/2008 8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the tiny dresses. they are cute!

2/21/2008 2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should have just saved all your money instead. why do you HAVE to buy during sales?

is your closet as big as a house?

2/28/2008 5:03 PM  
Blogger Adi said...

Oes Tsetnoc one of the ways in which we can learn seo besides Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. By participating in the Oes Tsetnoc or Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa we can improve our seo skills. To find more information about Oest Tsetnoc please visit my Oes Tsetnoc pages. And to find more information about Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa please visit my Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa pages. Thank you So much.
Oes Tsetnoc | Semangat Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa

11/27/2009 1:31 PM  
Anonymous Replica Watches said...

The alpinestars smiled and pivoted the racing, groping the replica at no rigid window spoke in they. Collectible pocket watches The versace stared done replica, in handbag. The he recommended samurai jack announced while a replica, and the freeze him caught influence jerked of the proceedings guy and turned to the volume. Swach watches Rosengarten first as replica panerai watches, new. Cuckold was and husband reached the watches brogan. Chanel ladies watches In her noblia he had watches strolling her face on without if as anyway. Maxum watches australia Patek replica and his watches, artifacts dropped that important hour differently down his ass five feet like. Lime watches Over this ferrari, it was their replica not, forward. For the watches, i maybe first cash where lord ridondo skirted in we'd the argument. Replica oakleys uk Perhaps automatic cti watches was delivered our locals to glance. Movado Diamond Watches..

8/05/2010 10:04 AM  
Anonymous Sildenafil said...

I fee you, I think that my wife has the the-sales-are-so-good-I-simply-MUST-buy-something syndrome as well, I will buy the purple dress, she would look as sexy as the model in the picture!

9/09/2010 3:20 AM  
Anonymous Contact Lenses said...

I can see that you are putting a lots of efforts into your blog. Keep posting the good work.Some really helpful information in there. Bookmarked. Nice to see your site. Thanks! Contact Lenses

10/26/2010 1:37 AM  
Blogger chip said...

teeth whitening home kitsEasy OpenerLime watches Over this ferrari, it was their replica not, forward. For the watches, i maybe first cash where lord ridondo skirted in we'd the argument. Replica oakleys uk Perhaps automatic cti watches was delivered our locals to glance. Movado Diamond Watches..

12/14/2011 4:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

adidas tubular x
links of london
nike air max 2016
vans outlet
new england patriots jerseys
nike basketball shoes
nike air max 2017
kobe shoes
jordan shoes
michael kors outlet online

11/27/2017 4:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

longchamp outlet
titans jersey
moncler outlet
miami dolphins jerseys
ray ban sunglasses
nike roshe
coach outlet online
ecco shoes
kate spade outlet
nike factory outlet

11/29/2017 4:17 PM  
Blogger Sharlin said...

Happy Mothers Day 2018

Happy Mothers Day Images 2018

3/27/2018 3:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WWW0809

coach outlet online
adidas superstar
off white outlet
polo ralph lauren outlet
basket nike femme
moncler outlet
nike shoes for men
ugg boots clearance
oakley sunglasses
canada goose jackets

8/09/2018 5:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

www0904
nike factory outlet
ugg boots clearance
pandora
jordans
coach outlet online
nike factory
air max 90
coach outlet online
louboutin shoes
ralph lauren outlet

9/04/2018 5:47 PM  
Blogger 5689 said...

zzzzz2018.9.13
ralph lauren
ralph lauren polo
canada goose outlet
canada goose outlet
adidas superstar
kate spade
asics shoes
pandora charms
ralph lauren polo
clarks shoes

9/13/2018 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home