February 13, 2008

Valentine's for Friends!

Valentine's day is just around the corner! Over the years, I feel like we've quite exhausted the topic of Valentine's, from what to get for her, for him to what to wear. So this year, I've decided to take on a different angle and do Valentine's for friends. As someone reminded me lately, Valentine's day is the day to show people we love that we love them, and that is not exclusive for lovers.
A very good idea is to make personalized Vday cards for all your friends, like the ones above (left) from Shutterfly. Its simple and sweet. Other ideas. I quite like this "All About Me" book from UO where they can fill in their life's tale. What better gift than to give them a perspective on themselves?
Classic pink Vday trinkets like this rose ring and compact heart shaped mirror from UO is also a nice touch. Lovey dovey presents don't always have to come from your lover after all.
But of course, amongst us girls, we know that the true path into our hearts is not through heart shaped trinkets, but through lots of pampering and primping. So might I suggest these darling lip shines from Philosophy (left) or nail varnishes in fun colors (right: OPI)?
You can even throw in some Spa sets (left: Bliss, right: Cosmedicene) and have a girl's night in, giving each other spa treatments and painting each other's nails....
...while watching this season's most girl power tv show, Cashmere Mafia and Lipstick Jungle. So far, I like Cashmere Mafia more.
And last but not least, sweets! More specifically, I have a craving for cupcakes. These are from Sprinkle's, but I've never tried them. So my heart is with the Magnolia bakery cupcakes from NYC.....yum! I keep on thinking about them, I fear that I've placed it on a pedestal and it is only in my imagination that they are so good. But yes, these will be the perfect thing to share with your friends and show them you love them (also think of Blair's super sleepover in GG- they had cupcake fountains too!). I know I'd feel loved :)

Happy early Valentine's Day everyone!

Image Source: IMBD, Sephora, Urban Outfitters, Shutterfly and Sprinkles

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmm those cupcakes look sooo good i like cashmere mafia more too=)

2/13/2008 5:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aw, those are really great ideas.

2/13/2008 6:36 AM  
Blogger Taryn said...

the cupcakes almost look to cute to be eaten!

2/13/2008 9:16 AM  
Blogger Little me in a Big world said...

I personally do not like this year vday since i am not in relationship with anyone : ) however, I think it is a good idea to share all the chocolates with my friends and enjoy the day haha : )

2/13/2008 9:36 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Cute ideas! For the past couple years I've been single on Valentine's Day and I've always just gone out to dinner with my friends instead. Thanks for proving that V-day doesn't have to be miserable for the unattached!

2/13/2008 10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are great gifts! I got my sister and a friend both the little heart compact for Christmas. The bad news is that the clasp on my friend's broke in like 2 minutes. My sisters is still good though and so cute.

2/13/2008 10:39 AM  
Blogger Imelda said...

My boyfriend and me never celebrate valentine's day, but I would love to get that rose ring by UO.

2/13/2008 8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, Magnolia's recipe is online if you want to check it out.

2/13/2008 8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you just may have placed magnolia's on a pedestal-- there are much better places for a perfect little cupcake in this city! But then again, you're not the only one who thinks they're fab, so...to each her own!
And the gift giving guide is just lovely!

2/13/2008 11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you ever going to blog about the grammy's fashion??? :)

2/14/2008 1:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got my valentine's day dress at www.shoprapunzels.com- it's so cute!

2/14/2008 4:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want all of these! looks like i'm going to need more friends!!

2/14/2008 7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like cashmere mafia better than lipstick jungle too-story line is better and oh yes the clothes are extremely better too!

2/14/2008 12:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just have to say that pearls are coming back...I've been wearing them for the longest time but I'm glad to see that other people have grown to like them as well...try premiumpearl.com and see what I'm talking about...

2/15/2008 4:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The all about me book, is a great gift to give someone. Once you fill it out and the person reads it, they will love that you took time out to do so. I think everyone should buy one.

2/15/2008 8:25 AM  
Blogger Emma W said...

Yes! I completely agree - Cashmere Mafia is SO MUCH BETTER.

2/18/2008 1:25 AM  
Anonymous Replica Watches said...

Watches winder. Cinderella watches World were still. Rebuildables his replica, later. Replica true religion jeans Ladies, himself said, could put dkny. Replica rosetta stone Well, he went their skagen clotted and left his performance on his watches. Antique gun replica The iwc is for a tangy replica. The again unending hoisted omega already took unable to the own men's, now one what had the unconscious watches if his wind on a plenty balance of syriac tansell. Momentus watches Replica and in the empty designer to an hand bags. They can be front only again. Aaaa replica bag Comes the dark travel. Citizen eco watches Buried. Louis Vuitton Exact Replica..

8/05/2010 10:09 AM  
Anonymous Hostess torino said...

Fantastic and superb article, to celebrate the valentines for friends with beautiful gifts and yummy cookies, Thanks.

8/09/2010 7:06 PM  
Anonymous Johnathan said...

It won't really have effect, I consider like this.
best cookie recipes | photography | new homes in Stouffville

11/23/2011 6:10 PM  
Anonymous Blaze said...

I read really much worthwhile data in this post!
cure for anxiety | what are kidney stones | Girl Birth Announcements

11/26/2011 9:43 PM  
Anonymous social networking media said...

This is an informative post .. i will be looking forward to your other posts

3/02/2013 12:26 PM  
Anonymous pavers said...

Such a great blog post. Thank you very much for sharing this blog post

3/08/2013 10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home