February 20, 2008

Milan F/W 08 Fashion Week Wrap Up I

Alberta Ferretti
Usually I just skim pass Alerta Ferretti, because the styles are always so similar. Very delicate, feminine and girly.
But this time, when I glanced at the first shots, I was surprised to find them to be Jill Sander-esque minimalistic! Albeit in a more styled and flattering way. The jeweled tones of blue and green were also refreshing to see on a FW runway.
On the other extreme, they also have printed dresses fashioned in a more flowing and draping material, reminiscent of the past seasons.
Example of the two extremes. The flowy, girly, delicate design and the more structured prim look. I want them both!
The cocktail dresses were a pleasant mixture of the more structured elements and the more feminine styles i.e. flowing pleated skirts.
I thought there was more variety in the evening wear as well. For example, this one on the left looks like they hired Laure Bennet from Project Runway to do it. I'm not much for feathers, but this is not too bad. The one on the right on the other hand is more structured and somehow reminds me a little of the pieces Zac Posen did a few seasons back. Still, very gorgeous and elegant.

Burberry Prorsum
This season, Bailey definitely went for a different direction. This collection is more fun, wearable and relaxed- and I LOVE it.
Don't you just love these chilled, wearable yet incredibly stylish looks?
The big overcoat is genius. And those huge chunky jeweled necklaces are TO DIE FOR. I bet they are going to be sold out, HUGE hits next season.
A little reminiscent of the cute shift dresses from last season. These are adorable.
The subtly vibrant hues are gorgeous. Though I'm not too sure what to make of what I THINK is the scarf detail....
LOVE LOVE LOVE gold dress here. I'm positive we will be seeing a LOT of celebs wearing this soon enough! And as for the feathered confection on the right....she looks like a bird. No matter how they put it, feather is simply NOT my thing!

Image Source: Elle

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have any idea what happened to Closet Therapy's Blog? It's completely not there. Did she move?

2/20/2008 4:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

the burberry coats are amazing.

2/20/2008 7:08 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

burberry's hats are horrendous.

2/20/2008 8:00 AM  
Blogger vv said...

I loved Burberry, but did you really think it was different? I thought it was gorgeous, but a bit same-ey.

Love you blog btw.
http://www.knittingalovesong.blogspot.com/

2/20/2008 5:29 PM  
Blogger TinaReinson said...

I thought the style of the Alberta Ferretti dresses was very forgiving to those with a not so flat tummy.
http://getaflattertummy.blogspot.com

2/20/2008 5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just Love what Burberry have done over these past 2 years with their design and their hard work to push the brand to another level!! yay!

2/20/2008 11:41 PM  
Blogger Susana Rodrigues said...

the green dress in the first photo is my fav!

2/21/2008 1:09 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I hate the first blue dress. It looks like a hospital gown, very ill fitting.

2/21/2008 1:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats up with Prada and the turtle neck look? I don't like it, it makes their necks look soo long! Burberry had a nice spread this time.
Phil the Phashion Diva
foofery.com

2/22/2008 11:53 PM  
Anonymous how to get high traffic said...

I found this post to be quite informative. Thank you for writing it so brilliantly and sharing it with us.

1/14/2013 4:35 PM  
Anonymous synthetic grass las vegas said...

Nicely presented information in this post, I prefer to read this kind of stuff. The quality of content is fine and the conclusion is good. Thanks for the post.

1/31/2013 1:46 PM  
Anonymous artificial grass orange county said...

Pretty good post. I found your website perfect for my needs. Thanks for sharing the great ideas.

2/22/2013 3:01 PM  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

arizona cardinals jerseys
jordan shoes
cheap oakley sunglasses
omega watches sale
coach outlet online
gucci shoes
fitflops
ray ban sunglasses outlet
fitflops
cheap ugg boots

7/08/2017 8:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

prada sunglasses
nike air huarache
nike air max
kobe bryant shoes
kyrie shoes
air max 2016
michael kors factory outlet
fitflops sale clearance
kobe 9
nike roshe run

8/02/2017 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home