March 26, 2008

Checking Out H&M Spring 2008

I've been seeing this H&M print ad everywhere I go, mainly on billboards and in magazines, in London and Hong Kong. I feel like I'm being chased after by this pretty yellow image of Raquel and a wall of flowers telling me that: a) it's Spring! b) Wear yellow! c) Go shop at H&M now! After stalking H&M's website for awhile, they've finally updated their website last week with some of their Spring's offering.

The instant I saw this colour-block, T-shirt dress in the campaign image (worn by Raquel -not this image but the same dress,) I thought, wow, I really want this! It's such an easy, summer casual dress. I love the colour blocks of black, pink and orange together. It's just the splash of colour that I've been wanting in my wardrobe, and since I'm not bothered or creative enough to actually buy seperate colourful pieces and match them together, it's so nice to have the crazy colours put together in one dress in a stylish, easy-to-wear way.
So the next day (last Thur,) I rushed to an H&M store to check out the dress and they only had one size left, and of course it wasn't my size. It is so hard for me to actually find something I want from H&M (or from any store) and it was sold out -I was SO disappointed! It was even sadder when I found out that the dress is seriously affordable -it costs only about 199HKD (=26USD.) I am a bit annoyed that the H&M store was displaying this dress at the display windows when they hardly had any sizes or stock left. I always thought H&M was all about the volume business so I just assumed they'd always have sizes available. Obviously I was wrong. Lesson of the day: Check out these stores more frequently!
The other thing I liked on the website was this bright pink, silk-material-looking dress. It looks perfect for a night out, and since it's not expensive, I wouldn't feel bad if someone spilled drinks on it or if the place was smoky. Alas, they were also out of my size.
As for this red and white flowery top, it's not that I particularly like or dislike it. I thought I would post it up here because I swear I keep seeing people on the streets wearing it! And when I was browsing through a few online stores, I saw something very similar by Marc by Marc Jacobs. So expect to see a lot of red and white flowery tops near you this summer!
Have you checked out H&M's Spring's clothes yet? What do you think of the clothes?
Image source: www.hm.com/gb (Note that the prices are in Pounds.)

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are some fantastic selections from H&M this Spring. That bright pink selection is absolutely adorable.

3/26/2008 2:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea it's frustrating that H&M doesn't have the sizes but it's not the store's fault since they don't back stock. They get shipments for replenishments every night. The visual merchandisers on the other hand comes early in the morning and managers just can't "re-dress" the mannequins when the garments are sold out.

3/26/2008 2:59 AM  
Blogger Natty said...

I love that second pink dress. On the whole I love H&M as it is really affordable and fashion forward too.

3/26/2008 3:43 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

You might want to check back at H&M, as, like the other commenter said, they get new shipments every day.

3/26/2008 4:24 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

H&M's collections haven't been very good the past couple of seasons. Not as good as usual at least. High hopes for this one. Definetly like the pink silk-like dress.

3/26/2008 4:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pink in every shade is hot this season. I love pink so I am very very happy. I guess I can finally wear a rose color Chanel dress I purchased on impulse years ago. I figure it should come back in style sooner or later, right?
I like to scour H & M for fashion pieces but have to watch with eagle eye b/c it's hard to find small there for some reason.

3/26/2008 9:57 AM  
Blogger Ashley & Anne said...

Oh la la, I love this. I love your blog in general it's so effortlessly chic and in the know. I adore i.

3/26/2008 11:08 AM  
Blogger Harrods Girl said...

Thanks for the tip! I'll def check back at H&M!

3/26/2008 11:28 AM  
Blogger a side order of style said...

h&m has some really great stuff, like the leggings i wore today. i`m not even kidding about that - those leggings have lasted me longer than any of my other leggings. seriously.
i just wish i had money...i seriously want to buy another pair. especially now that it`s spring! a nice colourful pair, like the colours in the pics you have, would be great...
-jae, SOS

3/26/2008 12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually nothing in these pictures looks appealing
everything looks so cheap and gross

ew.

3/26/2008 10:14 PM  
Blogger fashion satisfaction said...

nice shoes..i would love to have one
and if you want to check my blog too it is http://fashionsatisfaction.blogspot.com/
i am posting something new everyday about celebrity fashion
thanks

3/27/2008 12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

H&M ALWAYS run out of small sizes. You're lucky you found the dress you saw in the ad, I always go to H&M looking for the clothes in their advertisements but never can find them.

3/27/2008 5:16 AM  
Blogger Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

wow your h & m is cheap ours is much more expensive!

3/27/2008 10:31 AM  
Blogger ei! kumpel said...

I really like H&M's new collection and I already bought some clothes... I specially like the pieces with a retro look, very Audrey (don't think they are available on their site...)!

*margarida

3/28/2008 5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spring & Summer Colors

Every year, I am always anxious to see what colors are HOT for Spring & Summer. So now that we have seen all the Spring & Summer collections, I would like to let you know that bright, rich saturated colors are in style. Think oranges, pinks, greens, and blues.

Gray continues to be the neutral du jour. Gray is hotter than white, black, and brown. You will see it paired with absolutely every color for Spring and Summer. Keep this in mind as you start your shopping.
www.artfulwears.com

3/29/2008 12:54 AM  
Blogger Adriana Muñoz said...

H&M was good, nut now the clothes are toilet paper quality. Though I managed to find a lovely green spring trench coat last year. In one day I saw 6 more people wearing it. 6!! Other days just 3 of them. And I still see some. In 2weeks I gave it to my flat mate.
But their new store COS is great.

3/29/2008 7:21 PM  
Blogger Tulz said...

I went to the Central one last week and found a really cute green blouse. Sadly they didn't have any smaller sizes left so I completely understand where you're coming from. I don't know why they stock so many larger sizes in the HK store...it doesn't seem to make any sense.

3/30/2008 4:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have that colorblocked dress and love it!
it's super comfortable and i got compliments all day when i wore it last week. if you can, go back and check again to get it! :)

4/07/2008 11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why Is It Important to Have A Black Bag?
All women know that it is important to have the perfect little black dress, but what about the

perfect little black bag? Is there a reason to have that? Yes, of course there is! It is essential

that you have a bag of every color in your closet, from white to beige and black and, of course,

some bags with color in them. Black bags, though, should hold a special place in your heart, for

the simple fact that they can be used for any occasion. If you have a fancy dinner to go to, a

beautiful black bag will suit it perfectly. If you are going to a funeral, a black bag is a nice,

sedate one to bring with you. Exact replica designer handbags are affordable and many offer

beautiful black bags.
Take the Bottega Veneta Woven Drawstring in black. This exact replica handbag is made using black

woven leather, making it truly unique. It has a magnetic snap attachment and rolled leather

handles to keep it comfortable no matter how long you want to carry it around. This is one replica

handbag that is ideal for any situation you may find yourself in.
http://www.ereplicasupplier.com/

7/19/2008 4:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love H&M. Their dresses are really cute, and the price is great!

4/10/2010 6:18 AM  
Anonymous Noah said...

It cannot have effect in actual fact, that is what I think.
limousine service | ptsd diagnosis | black diamond earrings for men

11/27/2011 9:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

2015710dongdong
sac longchamp
tods shoes
michael kors handbags
football shoes
insanity workout
tods outlet
polo ralph lauren
gucci handbags
gucci outlet
ralph lauren outlet
longchamp outlet
jordan 11
red christian louboutin
jordan shoes
coach outlet store online
christian louboutin
lebron james shoes
ralph lauren
hollister clothing
michael kors
louis vuitton
chanel bags outlet
abercrombie
michael kors bag
toms shoes
fendi bags
louis vuitton
coach outlet store online
jordan 13
coach factory outlet
coach outlet
ray ban outlet
michael kors handbags
jordan 3s
toms outlet
ray bans
cheap jerseys

7/10/2015 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home