April 30, 2008

Spring/Summer Nail Varnish!

Just when I found the perfect winter nail shade (just in case you were wondering, it is the Essie Sole Mate. It is the perfect rich deep dark purple, with just a hint of red!) , spring comes around. Not that I'm complaining, I can't wait for the weather to get warmer and the sun to shine. Although now it means my nail colors will have to change along with it- to get into the spring mode you know. But I am kind of tired of the pale white pinks that I usually favor for warmer weathers. As classic as they are, it does get a bit monotonous after a while. AND it is super hard to apply properly (this might also be due to my lack of nail varnish applications skills- though I'd like to point out that I have no trouble with the darker colors! Odd, I know).
So I started to consider other colors suitable for spring. Flicking through the Essie advertisements (Yes, I have a preference for Essie!) bright pink crossed my mind (left: Secret Stash). As much as I wanted to try something new though, bright pink does seem a bit too much. I AM 21 now. Not quite Barbie. Then I considered pale purple (right: Looking for Love). It is subtle but still quite different from pale pink. But then I quickly rejected the idea- that is just TOO weird. Its just not a color one would relate to nail color! Kind of like how it is odd for people to put pale blue/purple lipstick on their lips!
After much consideration, I finally found the perfect color, Ball-timore (left). It is the perfect coral pink, with the sharpness of a super bright pink but toned down by orange/coral tones. I simply LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It is youthful and fun with a hint of sophistication. The other color I bought is Hard to Get (right). A more intense version of my usual pale pink hues, I thought this would just be fun and girly to play around with.I also wanted to get a nude color, like this (above: bags to riches). This one is the definition of sophistication and simplicity. But alas, it was getting rather expensive (they hiked the price up in the place I usually go to!!!).

Image Source: Essie

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Essie nail polish too! I found this shade a couple summers ago and I love it: Brandie Alexander, "pinky rose, for a star to shimmer in"

http://www.essie.com/products/search.php?action=search

I tend to stick with nuetral tones on my fingernails (I go bright on my toenails though!) but I love this color for summer!

5/01/2008 10:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If I didn't break my nails so often I'd do something like that.

Pretty, great choices, I think.

5/01/2008 11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Red!!! Red red red red red. Revlon Red is nice.

5/01/2008 3:36 PM  
Blogger Fashion Tidbits said...

could you take some pics of you wearing the diff colours?

5/01/2008 4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually had pale lilac from Chanel and it's really great for spring and summer. It has a bit of sparkles... : )

5/01/2008 4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone know where I can buy Essie nail polish in Germany (store or web)?

Love the colours!!!

5/01/2008 5:22 PM  
Blogger Mint said...

Personally, I go for the brighter shades as often as I can. I'm 20 and I don't believe that hot pink, for example, is reserved only for Barbie dolls.

However, the lighter shades are better for short, damaged nails, as bright or dark nails draw attention to deficits.

Maybe you could try an apricot colour? I think Chanel's latest collection has some nice blooming colours that you might enjoy.

5/01/2008 6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, i have a nail salon and i have to say "sole mate" is one of the most popular colors in my shop.

Other popular colors from Essie:
"wicked" deep brown-red-purple mixed together
"lady godiva" deep chocolate
"clutch me of you can" deep chocolate-red
"bordeaux" like the wine (really good on both hands and toes)
"aperitif" out-there red
"pouf daddy" darker out-there red
"raspberry" fuchsia-pink-purple mixture
"mambo" natural beige with shimmer
"mucho dinero" matte nude

i can go on and on...
hope that helps.

5/01/2008 9:11 PM  
Blogger Nico. said...

Great colours. I think I'm going to go with white nails for the spring/summer.

5/01/2008 11:06 PM  
Blogger Siru said...

With nails I go for the feeling, not for the season.

juliet xxx

5/02/2008 3:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got my nails done in a navy blue, the last of my winterish color before i go into summer colors. execpt they went too dark and it almost looks black

5/02/2008 10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank You very much for sharing this information about fashion.

I found this very useful

Fashion School

5/06/2008 9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Young Person
Looking for a gift for someone who is fairly young? This exact replica designer handbag might be

the ticket. The Dolce & Gabbana D&G Calfskin Hobo in Dark Cognac is a very sexy summer handbag.

Dozens of celebrities and wealthy alike have been seen carrying this bag around LA, and now you

can give it as a gift. The adjustable strap on this exact replica designer handbag is the perfect

size to allow you to wear the purse over your shoulder, or across your body, if you’d rather. It

is made using beautiful calfskin leather and has silver hardware that perfectly compliments the

dark leather. The interior of the handbag is also made of leather and has the Dolce & Gabbana logo

embossed on it, proudly pronouncing it as a Dolce & Gabbana.

It has outer zippered pockets, as well as room inside of the handbag for your sunglasses or for

your cell phone. There is also a zippered pocket that works perfectly for small items, such as

loose change or even car keys. The large silver D&G keychain logo is easily visible, while the

smaller embossed logos throughout the inside make this bag an exact replica designer handbag like

no other.
If you’re searching for a gift to give someone, you may want to look to exact replica designer

handbags. These handbags look identical to the original and are much less expensive, allowing you

to purchase one whenever you have need of it. They are also ideal for any gift-giving situation

that you may find yourself in over the summer months!
http://www.ereplicasupplier.com/

7/17/2008 10:09 AM  
Anonymous gih said...

That's a cool colors. And the effect of its result is so good.

5/05/2010 8:09 PM  
Blogger herveleger2 said...

Belstaff Leather Jacket Men Belstaff Leather Jacket Women Belstaff Women Jacket Belstaff

Men Jacket
Belstaff Leather Dress Belstaff Leather Pants Tory Burch Shoes Tory Burch Tote Bag Tory Burch Wallet Tory Burch Flat Shoes Tory

Burch Sandals
Tory Burch Suede Shoes Tory Burch Boots Tory Burch Heels Shoes Tory Burch Wedge Shoes Tory Burch Flip Flops Tory Burch Moccasins Tod's Shoes Tod's Ballet Shoes Tod's Boots Tod's Fall Shoes Tod's Handbag Tod's Loafers Tod's Moccasins Juicy Couture Clothes Juicy Couture Tracksuit Juicy

Couture Flip Flops
Juicy Couture Boots Juicy Couture Coats Juicy Couture Dress Juicy Couture Socks Juicy Couture

Bikinis
Juicy Couture T Shirt Juicy Couture Sandals Juicy Couture Sweater

6/04/2012 11:59 AM  
Anonymous sherri shepherd said...

Great blog! I have a few friends who would surely love this blog. I am going to recommend it to them for sure.

4/08/2013 1:07 PM  
Anonymous Tyler Jones said...

Good job with the whole post. My younger sister loves it! :)

4/08/2013 1:10 PM  
Anonymous download instagram said...

Very worthwhile piece of writing, thank you for your article.

4/09/2018 12:24 PM  
Blogger igram said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10/04/2023 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home