April 10, 2008

Pedderazine: Super Natural

Randomly surfing the net today, I came across this really awesome accessory photos (or whatever you call them..) magazine on the On Pedder website. It is called Pedderazine. For those of you who don't know, On Peddar is a very well known group in Asia that specializes in designer accessories. A little like ... the first floor of a department store minus the make-up. They also have more artsy window displays, which are always very cool.Back to the photos. Titled, Super Natural, I love how the cover resembles National Geographic! At a glance, it looks like a feature on oil rigs or construction or something, but looking closer, you see that there is a gorgeous pair of huge Dries van Noten heels. It just casually sits there, as if it belonged to the scene with its muted tone and all, when it so obviously does not. I just love the juxtaposition. Ditto for this one. It feels as if it is just another day on a familiar street, as if giant bags hanging from the sky, sitting on top of buildings is an everyday occurrence.
In the rest of the Pedderazine, they mixed accessories with the human body, with a skeletal feet in those Alaia sandals (left) and a Christian Louboutin handbag in the midst of what appears to be veins and arteries (right).
Then they had these Nicholav Kirkwood heels and Karen Walker shades just floating around in what I think is a culture of bacterias.
They also blended accessories into backgrounds. I love how the Dries van Noten heels and the Erickson Beamon shades just fits in so naturally with its environment. I LOVE the visual effect here. Can you tell that it is made up of lots of white Marni envelop bags and Resin necklaces?
And I thought that this spiraling pair of Givenchy heels was genius!
And lastly the play of these Marni and Jimmy Choo shoes into insect shapes is simply awesome.

Is this Peddarazine cool or is it cool? If you've read this blog for long, you'll know that I'm not usually the one to go on about cool photoshoots etc (thats HG!), because I don't usually know how to appreciate them. But I simply LOVE LOVE LOVE this one! Don't forget to check out the rest of the collection on their site!

Image Source: On Pedder

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post!
Those pictures are stunning.
I think I will do a piece about this kind of art work; a lot of people tend to think of fashion as a commodity rather than a work of art.
I love your blog, but you might want to proof read a bit more... it can sometimes be difficult to read.
And it's National Geographic, not National Geography!

4/10/2008 7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it very much. On Peddler is one of my visit must in Asia as well. : )

4/10/2008 8:06 AM  
Blogger AR said...

those are so cool! very artistic.

4/10/2008 11:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wish the optical illusion books I hand when I was younger looked like these photos. LOL

4/10/2008 11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bekky: Sorry, I was in a hurry today. But I just fixed it a bit (you're right, my grammar was atrocious), hope this makes it easier to read!

And thanks, I was debating between National Geographic/Geography....

4/10/2008 12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah... I didn't know they've a magazine like that! I've only been to On Peddar in Singapore (obviously, because I live here!). Interesting, and very clever way of showcasing shoes. Add me to your blogroll!

Cheers
X-Wen
www.fash-eccentric.com

4/10/2008 4:35 PM  
Blogger Harrods Girl said...

Quite honestly I'm always too intimidated to enter On Peddar stores. But this Peddarzine thing looks so cool! V artsy.

4/10/2008 4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! so strange.. awesome!!

4/11/2008 10:28 PM  
Blogger chauss said...

i want those fabulous alaias.

4/12/2008 6:30 AM  
Blogger TINA said...

those photos are amazing!
*pure genius*
all of those are so cool, but i think my favorites are the cover, the marni bags and necklaces, and the givenchy heel.
unbelievable!

4/14/2008 9:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for another fantastic blog. Where else could I get this kind of information written in such an incite full way? I have a project that I am just now working on, and i am sure this will help me a lot..and I have been looking for such information since from few days....Thanks!!!!! Anaheim Locksmith

2/25/2011 5:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I admit, I have not been on this webpage in a long time... however it was another joy to see It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues.
Atwood Locksmith

4/02/2011 5:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Simply, admirable what you have done here. It is pleasing to look you express from the heart and your clarity on this significant content can be easily looked. Remarkable post and will look forward to your future update.

4/02/2011 5:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work.
New York Web Design

4/02/2011 5:11 PM  
Blogger Online Shopping said...

Smart and entertaining! What an amazing combination to read it out. I just can’t wait to for the nest post.
Online Shopping

6/27/2011 1:25 PM  
Anonymous Blaze said...

Well, I do not actually imagine it is likely to have success.
russian women

11/08/2011 1:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

adidas eqt support
calvin klein outlet
nike cortez
kyrie 4
michael kors handbags
michael kors outlet
moncler jackets
curry 3
retro jordans
air jordan

3/22/2018 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home