July 02, 2005

Weekend Plans: Chocolate Bar at the Peninsula

If you have no plans this weekend and you happen to live in Chicago, might I make a suggestion? How about treating yourself (and I mean treat because it is $30 per person with tax and tip) to the chocolate bar at the Peninsula Chicago! Only available on weekends from 9pm onwards, it is an excellent opportunity to dress up (where else does one get to dressed up in chicago?)!

So my friends and I were all dressed up, me in my purple ABS cocktail dress and my friend in her floral BCBG one and the guys in dress shirts of indeterminable brands (frankly they look all the same to me. . fine I DO recognize a RL pony when I see one). Its an opportunity to dress up, but not over the top dress up in long dresses and suits. And for the chilly night do bring a cute cardigan or blazer or even a denim jacket (to dress it down a bit!).

We arrived at the Peninsula to our booked table (yes, BOOK tables, otherwise u'd be turned out!) and the night began. There was a live band, which when its not too loud is actually quite nice and I do so love old music. The service was excellent- as always. The atmosphere was great- and in fact quite romantic and if u have a significant other you should totally bring them here! The food. . well as you can see the chocolate buffet looks very nice with molten chocolate, strawberry chocolate, rasperry truffles, mousse, brownies and banana cakes (don't know how its chocolate). The food are really really good. I guess the only problem is that one can only take so much chocolate at a time. Anyway, it was a completely satisfactory evening and we sat to talk until they gave us the hint to leave by brightening the lights dramatically and cleaning up at 12.30am. I completely recommend it as something to do this weekend if you are in Chicago! And if you are not- look around for something similar, its the idea that counts!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God: all chocolate! It sounds really nice! What did you like most in the menu?

7/02/2005 4:55 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

I love Chicago.

7/02/2005 4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

O everything, the cute little cups of chocolate mousse and all the other chocolate delicacies which I'm not sure what it is. . but tasted very good! LOL. Ironically though, I liked the banana cake that didn't have any chocolate in it that I can discern. LOL.

7/02/2005 7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a fellow Chicago fashion lover I appreciate the lack of places to wear your fine fashion but I think that occasionally there are good opportunities to bust out the good stuff! I went to an Akira fashion last week that was a perfect time to wear the good stuff. Le Passage is always an excellent place to display your goods! Though I admit I often lament the lack of places to get dressed up! But hey we just got a Barney's Co-op in town so its not all bad right?



Almost Girl

7/03/2005 10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn!!! I've been to Chicago and I didn't know about THAT! aaaaaa! One more reason to go another time! :) I'm such a chocolate lover!!!

7/03/2005 5:01 PM  
Blogger Petra said...

Sounds like a good fun thing to do. And you're absolutely right - treating ourselves is the best we can do!

7/03/2005 9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I appreciate the lack of places to wear your fine fashion but I think that occasionally there are good opportunities to bust out the good stuff! I went to an Akira fashion last week that was a perfect time to wear the good stuff.

7/05/2005 6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm. . promnow, it appears that u and almost girl were at the same event. lol. do u guys know each other?

7/05/2005 9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bedroom Decoration Ideas , Bathroom Decorating Ideas, living room decorating ideas , Dining room decoration, Home Accessories, Home Lighting Ideas , Home Office Ideas , Kids Room Decor , Rug Art & Design, Storage Ideas , Wall and Ceiling Art , Kitchen Design Ideas , Home Decorating , Food Recipes, Handmade Crafts , Arts, Family Care, Home Improvement , Fashion Design , Fashion Sketches , Gardening, Fashion and Beauty , sitemap.xml , Stylish Eve Sitemap , sitemap.xml.gz

12/04/2009 1:56 PM  
Anonymous Zechariah said...

Very effective material, thanks so much for this post.
cpa review courses comparison | honda dealership | clinics in dallas tx

11/27/2011 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home