August 10, 2005

Harrods Girl shops Tokyo Day I: Shibuya

Hey people, I'm back from Tokyo! I only went for three days, but rest assured I had enough time to shop around, (and look like a sad tourist by taking too many photos.) Tokyo trip this time... way too hot! It was 36 degrees (Celcius) -thank goodness for shopping malls!

So my first stop with my sister was Shibuya. That's where a lot of young Japanese shop for casual and party clothes.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The first store that we went to was Indio. Everything was half price, not to mention that I got a free shell necklace after spending more than 3000yen! Everything was definitely worth it!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
After reading a whole teenage magazine featuring clothes from "Shibuya 109", my sister and I couldn't wait to explore this mall.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
We were not disappointed -it was pretty packed that day since it was a Saturday, but we still managed to buy loads of cool clothes. The highlight of 109 was definitely admiring the amazing hairstyles the girls there had, esp the hair of the salesgirls. Their hair were all dyed and very creatively styled -they definitely know how to look good without a professional hairdresser!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A shoe store in 109. It had such a great selection of inexpensive shoes that were totally fashionable and on sale.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I bought a pair of super shiny gold low heels there, (which looked exactly like a Chloe pair from the SS season and a Dolce & Gabbanna pair from the FW season.) At the risk of sounding like Paris: Loves it!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Hair accessories store in 109 Junior Station. The way the Japanese display the hair accessories and jewelery is so much nicer than most stores. Claires should take notes.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A random photo of the hair accessories. Isn't it just so pretty and colorful? I absolutely love the huge selection of goods Japanese accessory stores always has -gives us more ideas and oppurtunities to make ourselves pretty!

So if you ever visit Tokyo, Shibuya is a must stop for all fashionistas!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks so fun! straw market bags seem popular

8/10/2005 10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks so fun! you have more pics??

8/10/2005 11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg my friend took me to Shibuya 109 when I went last summer too!! it is absolutely the best! They even have a site!! check out the pics even if u have no idea what it says!
http://www.shibuya109.jp/

8/11/2005 1:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello everyone!! I am a HUGE fan of this site; I'm addicted to fashion and all things related! I'm posting because I need some advice. I have a girly question to ask all the fellow beauty queens (I sincerely hope Barney's girl and Harrod's girl don't mind me posting this to ask!) Ok, so I've made it my mission to pick a perfect liquid foundation. I'm looking for a lightweight, oil free, medium coverage... I have narrowd it down to Clinique Superfit or MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation... Can anyone give me pointers? Are there any users out there of either products?! Any help is appreciated; you know what it's like choosing a foundation!! please feel free to email me at Larissa_m@hotmail.com! Thanks so much!
*fashions may fade, but style is eternal* -YSL

8/11/2005 8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sometimes you can find celebs in shibuya! like last summer, we saw masanobu ando! <3

8/11/2005 8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larissa: Glad u like our site! Ooo liquid foundation!! Sorry, but I'm not personally acquainted with Clinique Superfit or MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation-although one of my friends did recently buy the MAC one and said it was pretty good. Personally, Harrods Girl and I use Bobbi Brown's liquid foundation. And we have it on very good authority that Armani's foundations are brilliant too. Hope this helps!

8/11/2005 7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First time on your site... as a french girl, I love fashion, I also happen to live in Tokyo and think it is the worst place on earth when it comes to style and class. Fashion is so cheap here(Indo being the local "Pimky" for the french who know this shop...)with bad materials, badly cut clothes and so little much fuss. It is so weird for me to read your raving point of view about things I hate the most in Japan: the absence of fashion... let's talk about it if you wish.

8/18/2005 10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I live in Tokyo and those places you've mentioned are for either middle school girls or kogal's (ie. skanks).

I'm amazed that you actually thought the items were nice.

1/25/2009 9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bedroom Decoration Ideas , Bathroom Decorating Ideas, living room decorating ideas , Dining room decoration, Home Accessories, Home Lighting Ideas , Home Office Ideas , Kids Room Decor , Rug Art & Design, Storage Ideas , Wall and Ceiling Art , Kitchen Design Ideas , Home Decorating , Food Recipes, Handmade Crafts , Arts, Family Care, Home Improvement , Fashion Design , Fashion Sketches , Gardening, Fashion and Beauty , sitemap.xml , Stylish Eve Sitemap , sitemap.xml.gz

12/04/2009 2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From stylish eve , home decorating ideas , handmade crafts , fashion clothes , beauty tips , beautiful women , home improvement , home and garden , arts and crafts plus family care , arts and crafts , greeting cards , food recipes , main dishes , beverages , salad recipes , appetizers recipes , sandwiches recipes , desserts recipes , paintings , drawings , oil painting , acrylic painting , watercolor painting , portrait drawing , beautiful women , fashion sketches , body care , makeup tips , hand care , hair care , gardening , home improvement , home decorating ideas

1/23/2010 2:08 PM  
Anonymous Maximillian said...

So, I don't actually suppose it will have effect.
where is Belize | computer voice generator | Easter dinner menu

11/22/2011 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home