July 08, 2006

Haute Couture FW06 I

It is finally the season of the beautiful, mega expensive Haute Coutures again!

Chanel
Karl never fails to amaze me with the many ways he reinterpret's Coco's original designs while still keeping it very much Chanel. This time around he went for being modern, by encompassing modern styles and techniques with Chanel's intricate classic designs.
He started off with these black and white, very straight and structured creations- very neat and cute.
I love the intricate details given to Haute Coutures. I esp adore the black dress on the right, with the gold leaf details. It makes it look so delicate.


I think these two tweeds looks may actually BE warm enough to actually be worn in Fall/Winter 06/07!! Its thick without looking bulky. And btw, the things that look like scrunched up tights on their legs (as I'd originally thought) are not tights, but very long boots in materials that look like stockings. Don't know what Karl was thinking there.Ah, the modern technique I was talking about that Coco didn't have back in her time. Love the grey dress, its looks so adorable! The red one is very dramatic and reminds me of John Galliano's last vampire/french revolution collection for Dior.
The evening gowns were of course absolutely beautiful. And while the white wedding dress is not something I would choose for myself, it IS very cute, modern and young.

Valentino

The other haute couture classic I look out for is Valentino. You can always trust them to produce the most elegant and gorgeous clothes.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Influenced by the Russians, this season Valentino started off with a richly embroidered black coat that screams Russian. Then there was this black and white dress- I love the sleeves.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The poofy sleeves were very common in this collection, having been encompassed into chic suits and set. I love the gold outfit, it reminds me of a more elegant and fitted version of recent Chloe creations.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Of course, the classic elegantly fitted looks were still there with gold trims and details added on to give it a more russian flare.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sigh, I adore these slinky silver and gold dresses with leaf details. It so elegant and classy.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Naturally the evening dresses were stunning. Sigh . . . . I got to work harder!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the third set of Valentino pictures... They are SO femme fatale, 1950's heroine chic, with a gorgeous Russian twist and attention to detail. LOVE this post!

7/08/2006 6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Work harder as in make more money? Haha.. me too, but I won't ever be able to spend my money like that I think. :-P You girls can do it!

- 20-year-old Torontonian

7/08/2006 7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh those Devil Wears Prada black boots. So yum.

7/08/2006 7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chanel was magnificient!

7/08/2006 7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the chanel line as shown is tasteless and odd--something one would never say about the founder's work!!! the valentino line is too fussy.

7/08/2006 8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All gorgeous and artistic...Some a little much so. I really love them all, just wouldn't have a place to wear half of it.

7/08/2006 9:38 AM  
Blogger K. said...

Chanel has GOT to be my fav so far- the mod feel of these clothes are beautiful.

7/08/2006 11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand how those boots are made?
are they thigh high?
I know these boots are featured in, "The Devil wears Prada" but I can't figure them out...

thanks for the help!

7/08/2006 12:21 PM  
Blogger Frapp said...

I love that Chanel 3/4 length sleeve jacket! Please tell me there will be high street versions? And the silky Valentino silver dress and that grey Chanel dress...

7/08/2006 4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I first saw Chanel, I was a bit confused by the jeans. Couldn't figure out if they were boots or what. I've decided that I like the collection though. It's refreshing, yet Chanel- but I just wish Karl would actually opt for real pants or stockings?

But I still love it. The intricate details, STUNNING! My favourite thing of couture; details.

7/08/2006 5:10 PM  
Blogger Harrods Girl said...

I thought the jeans looked weird in Chanel, but there were a few really cute dresses I liked, esp the white one Lily Donaldson wore (not shown here.) The models looked like little pixies in the Chanel show!

7/09/2006 4:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absulutely LOVE the Chanel collection. Chanel hasn't grabbed me in a long time, but I loved almost everything in this collection - to a certain degree of course - instead of thigh-high denim "boot-stockings" I'll probably opt for skinny trousers or tights tucked into very slim, knee-high boots, or something with a similar effect. I am really into the denim-under-dress-or-coat look; very young way to wear luxury goods. Now if only I could afford those coats.....

7/18/2006 4:39 AM  
Anonymous Emory said...

Oh my god, there's so much worthwhile information here!
menstrual cycle calendar | cataract surgery recovery | dictionary definition

11/24/2011 12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home