July 06, 2006

Miu Miu FW06 Campaign

Miu Miu is on the highway to become more than just ‘Prada’s younger line’ and blossom into a huge label of its own. Followed by showing its FW06 collection in Paris instead of Milan (to grab more spotlight,) three Asians have been shot in the FW06 campaigns: Zhou Xun, Dong Jie (Chinese actresses) and Rina Ohta (Japanese model.) This is obviously a move into the Chinese/ Asian market, but something even more shocking was planned: the Miu Miu site is actually up and running now! Here are some preview photos taken off the website:

Absolutely divine *drools*!

Go check out the whole campaign @ www.miumiu.com! Like finally, Miuccia Prada decides to do something on the internet. I hope she makes more use of the Prada website soon too.

I love this campaign, (although not as much as the SS06 Prada campaign.) Last week when I wrote about the new LV ads, I commented that the LV ads were overly commercial and looked like catalogue photos. Now this series of Miu Miu ads is simply amazing –the lighting; the location; the photography; not to mention the GORGEOUS clothes, shoes and bags. (Yes, I am indeed very in love with Miu Miu's fashion.)

The campaign was shot in the restaurant that the FW show was held, La Perouse. The interior looks fantastic with the artistic lighting. The only thing I have to complain about is that I wish Miuccia used models instead of movie stars. I was just looking back at the FW06 catwalk photos and saw a lot of other models who could have been used instead. But anyhow, this looks like it is going to be my favourite FW06 campaign!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous
i'm using one as my desktop

7/06/2006 3:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, someone actually posted allready. Anyhoo, great blog! You should work for a fashion magazine!

7/06/2006 5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AH! I LOVE IT! ASIAN PRIDE BABY!

WOw... how the heck did u know the name of those asian gurls in the campaign?

7/06/2006 7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These pictures look like they were inspired by the Kai War Wong film 2046- if you haven't seen it- you definately should!

7/06/2006 8:44 AM  
Blogger Harrods Girl said...

8:38pm: I'm using the Prada SS06 ad as my desktop now. I'll def be changing it to this one when Fall comes closer and I'm in the mood for FW fashion!

1:44am: Ya, I read that a lot of people see the resemblence with Wong Kar Wai's film. I see some of it.

7/06/2006 8:51 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

wow those pics are a-maze-ing. i love the one where she's kissing the mirror, so cute!!! cool blog :)

7/07/2006 4:04 AM  
Blogger Shopaholic D said...

love the way they did these shots!

7/07/2006 9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE how the shots sells the products so well and yet is still so artistic!

7/07/2006 12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy to see Asian models being used in this campaign, but I have to say I'm not crazy about the way Prada described their intentions.

From a June 23rd WWD article:

"Prada has tapped three Asian celebrities for the Miu Miu fall ad campaign —women the company describes as “strong” and “warrior dolls, who simultaneously represent a futuristic vision mixed with the depth and wisdom of ancient custom and culture."

I think it's symptomatic of the larger problems of race and diversity in the fashion industry. I just wrote a long blog post about it, actually.

7/08/2006 5:03 AM  
Blogger c said...

love rina ohta! she's beautiful in person. there's something so unique about her.

10/27/2012 6:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WWW0809

ralph lauren uk
michael kors outlet online
tory burch outlet
michael kors outlet
longchamp bags
moncler uk
reebok
coach outlet
nike outlet store
nike chaussure femme

8/09/2018 5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home