December 07, 2006

Cécile & Jeanne

In celebration of the end of finals, I treated myself to a gorgeous pair of earrings from Cécile & Jeanne, which I discovered at Bon Marche.


Based in Paris, Cécile & Jeanne has been around for over 15 years. I love this brand so much because it's subtle designs that combines elements of the past and future are elegant yet just a little bit funky! (This it their signature dove).

So I was debating between these square chained earrings or these 1001 Nights Long Drop Earrings. Both looked nice, but while the circular ones were more classically elegant, the square ones were more youthful and funky. Torn between the two, I finally decided to be youthful and funky and got the square ones (left). But now I'm wavering and want to be classically elegant instead. Thoughts?

From the same collection as the circular long drop earrings, they have these cool yet elegant rings and cuffs. I really want that ring. I think it'll be the perfect compliment to any outfit.

I just ADORE these two Downtown earrings and cross bracelet. The design is simple yet chic.

Another very elegant collection they have is the Voie Lactee collection. It looks modern and feminine.

These two earrings from Josephine collection is just the thing to add funk and edge to any outfit.


Personally I’m too lazy to match my accessories with my outfit (and hence my love for classic silver/gold styles), but for those who DO make the effort, these Arabesque earrings (left) and L’Opera chandeliers (right) would be fantastic.


And even though these Riviere necklace and Kyoto ring may look over the top right now, I think they will be the perfect thing to amp up any simple outfit and make it interesting, because they are feminine yet unique. Plus, my favourite color is purple, so I think these are awesome ;)

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you made a good decision with the square earrings. Maybe it's one of those things were you have to be there in person to see it, but to me the circular earrings look a little cheap. Heh.. but it's good to be youthful and funky right?

12/07/2006 9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the last purple ring is sooo cool and funky

12/07/2006 10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kinda like the square earings, but they look a little too funky, you know? Like a 12-year-old bought them at a thrift store or something. I love the gold round ones much more. They are more elegant, but would be cute with jeans and a sweater also.

12/07/2006 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The square ones are much mreo interestin IMO. They're much more classy and streamlined; the other ones are a bit...Gipsy-craftsy-looking, or something you'd see haging off a bellydancing skirt.

And I looove the purple necklace!!!

12/07/2006 1:02 PM  
Blogger alluretone said...

i love love the square ones! i say that you picked the right one. :) and i really want that silver ring and the gold cross bracelet. these are all soo pretty!

12/07/2006 1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm gonna have to disagree with the majority and say I prefer the gold ones. They will still look stylish years down the road and the gold is so beautiful!

12/07/2006 3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Josephine dangle pearl earrings are my favorite! The rest....very Mervyns.

12/07/2006 8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IF I ,AY ASK WHAT TYPE OF GEMSTONE IS THATS, IS IT TANZANITE OR...I THINK I LIKE THE BRASSELET...ES PURPLE COLOR, EVEN THAT GOLD BANGLE

12/07/2006 10:29 PM  
Blogger wendy said...

i love the dove earrings! thanks for posting it... now im thinking about getting a pair! and i think you made the right decision going with the square ones, i wouldve picked those too!

12/07/2006 11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Currently I'm taking a jewelry class (I'm in high school), and I was looking for ideas for some funky jewelry. Thank you for posting these!

12/08/2006 7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shamim--

I seriously doubt it's tanzanite. Tanzanite tends to be a really deep blue, with just a hint of purple. It also tends to be really rare; I don't know what kind of budget our beloved BG is working with but for big flawless stones like that, prices often top $1000 per carat--not exactly department store merchandise. Lovely, fun pieces nevertheless, though!

--huuuge jewelry dork. Wow.

12/09/2006 1:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those pins at the top of the post are just stunning...

12/13/2006 12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice accessories!!
I bought two very cool earrings from Fabiflo collection on www.fashioneyeball.com

12/13/2006 10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice page. I am French and I am a huge fan of Cecile & Jeanne. I went to their stores in NYC and they have so many fancy and fun pieces! One is in Soho on West Broadway and the other on Madison avenue (82th street). I love their "Energie" collection!

6/13/2007 2:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great accessory collection for winter fashion season!

10/24/2007 8:52 PM  
Anonymous Cheap Diablo 3 items said...

Sure it was a wonderful weekend!, I'm happy for you!, your outfit is georgeous!

diablo 3 power leveling

7/24/2012 4:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

golden goose
michael kors outlet
roshe shoes
true religion outlet
kyrie irving shoes
air jordan
adidas yeezy boost
lacoste polo
falcons jersey
michael kors uk

8/02/2017 11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home