December 05, 2006

The Softest Tees I: Splendid

I've recently been obsessed with super super super soft tees from the States. In my mind, there are two such brilliant brands, one being Splendid. Last Friday, I went to Selfridges, (the even more stylish than Neiman Marcus department store of the UK) because it was on a 20% off sale, (but I didn't buy anything.) My friend and I stood in the Splendid section just touching the shirts for a few minutes, oohing and ahhing. Seriously, they're so smooth and soft. I would have tried them on, but Selfridges only stocked the boring-looking tees which I wasn't in the mood for.


As shown by shirts like these, most of the Splendid shirts you will find in department stores are *yawn* boring. But they're great if you're just looking for really plain tees.

One thing my friend did complain about is that these tees are quite hard for non-super-skinny people to wear because they're quite body-fitting.

Don't these tees look nice and comfy. So perfect for lazy people like me. One could just roll out of bed, slip one on and run to class.

Ooo... I love this top. I'm showing it in both colours because while olive is not a particularly loveable colour, black just doesn't fully show the cut of the top. The tee has got that not-body-tight comfort while still being a nice, simple tee.

Another top I really like, although maybe preferably without the hoody. These kind of tops which come down to the hips are perfect for skinny jeans. In the picture, the model wears it with leggings and it somehow reminds me of a stylish Peter Pan. In real life though, please wear skinny jeans underneath!

One thing to keep in mind though, is that these shirts are more expensive than your typical plain tee. But I think owning one or two classic ones is worth it. You seriously can't appreciate these lovely tees until you feel or own one, and wear them over and over again.

Most of the photos above are from shopbop.com.

18 Comments:

Blogger Cathi Cohen said...

sounds super soft. i love the olive one.

12/05/2006 11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the last shirt- with a nice apir of jeans and ballet flats... now I need to go shopping!

12/05/2006 11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG i love splendid, ive tried on so many of their stuff but it just sucks cuz it's so expensive! It's really plain all of their stuff and doesnt even have a logo on it so it looks like u could just go anywhere and get. The only difference is the lovely material! Damn expensive prices..

12/05/2006 12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i should have one for x-max

12/05/2006 5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you write a post about the differences in style on the west coast vs. style on the east coast? many of the blogs that i've been reading seem to hail from New York and a lot of stuff is more or less impractical in say, California.

12/06/2006 2:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a black long-sleeve henley v-neck from Splendid, and it's literally one of my favorite shirts. They really are very body-conscious, so I can wear it to a bar with jeans and boots, look hot, and still feel like I am in my PJs.

I got it on sale at Barney's, though, for $30--I agree they're overpriced.

12/06/2006 5:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg i heart splendid, i have like 30 shirts from them. Theyre not all plain they have some adorable dresses and knit tops, soooo cute. Their leggings are also super cute this season

12/06/2006 6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been buying their slightly cheaper cousins by the bucket at the gap, they're definitely on their way to becomming a staple of my wardrobe.

12/06/2006 6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should write a post on how OUT true religions are, like even public skl ppl have them, its just not cool anymore, same with Uggs and LeSportsac backpacks

12/06/2006 6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I recently bought a pair of black patent leather peeptoe pumps which I absolutely adore but how can I wear them without being too flashy?

12/06/2006 7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

splendid is splendidly soft and comfy, but too tame and cutesy for my taste


colormechic.blogspot.com

12/06/2006 8:13 AM  
Blogger Harrods Girl said...

Anonymous 11:34: Wear them with leggings to avoid looking flashy. With patent being all the rage this season, you prob won't look flashy anyways.

12/06/2006 9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like all.gots to go shopping!!

12/07/2006 1:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to know what jeans the model is wearing in photo #3!

12/09/2006 4:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just started a line of super soft tees with original artwork from established and emerging artists using new digital technology which makes the actual art print super soft as well.

I would love to send you both one of my art t's to get your frank feedback. Please email me address and sizes to send. I trust you will love them.

12/14/2006 1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that article! Great ideas! thank you! have found gorgeous fall fashion ideas ! Check them up!

10/24/2007 8:57 PM  
Anonymous Sildenafil said...

My girlfriend is crazy about Splendid brand. When we go out shopping, she can't see a Splendid shirt or something related because she must purchase it, I mean I have to purchase it!

9/16/2010 3:25 AM  
Anonymous Emil said...

I saw really much worthwhile data above!
jogos | famous games for free | download pc games | gametop | only full games

11/28/2011 3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home