May 05, 2007

Spider Man 3

As one of the few big movies out recently (seriously, there has been like a drought), I was sort of excited to see this even though I don't exactly recall seeing the second one. I DO recall a scene where Mary Jane finds out that Peter is Spiderman and the scene where they are kissing in their apartment with the windows opened, and the wind was blowing MJ's long white dress. My friends assures me that this scene was from the end of the second one. . . so here's a hint for those of you who don't remember either. I'm obviously not a big a fan as those who dressed up to go see the first Spiderman showing midnight of Thursday....
Obviously from the poster, one can tell that this is about Spiderman moving onto the dark side and him struggling to get back on the good side.
And in my opinion, he should, because he looks really bad when he's over to the dark side, with his bangs gel-ed down like that and everything. Although his pompous behavior was kind of funny in some parts.
He looked much better (although lets not stretch it now) as the normal nerdy Peter. And how romantic is it to lie on a web above the ground, gazing at the stars together? Although this is where he found the thing that lead him over to the dark side- which teaches us that one should not frolic in the woods. Seriously, according to the movies/tv shows, the woods is where all these strange things come from!
First thing I asked my friend who saw it before I did was, "Was James Franco in it??" He's like the highlight of the movie for me. When he came on screen in this first scene, my friend and I both silently squealed! He just looks SO cute! For those of you who don't remember, he played Harry, Spiderman's best friend, who had an evil father whom he thought Spiderman killed in the first/second movie. So here, he was very mad at Peter and he was set on revenge.
But then something happens and they're all friends again. And then he was all goofy, cute and endearing.I especially loved the scene when he was cooking for Mary Jane. SO CUTE! And at the end I loved him even more, even though he wasn't perfect. And one of the reasons I'm putting up so many scenes with him in it is because I just love looking at him :)Oh and of course there was Mary Jane. I thought her white dress when she was performing coming down the stairs looked great. And throughout she had some pretty cute but classic dresses and pretty blouse and skirts. Although I was VERY disappointed with that ugly orange dress she wore in the final scene. All I could think of in that scene was how much I don't like that dress. Did I already mention that it was orange?
Topher Grace was in it too, playing a competing photographer for Spiderman pictures to Peter at the news agency (I thought that was pretty funny). If it wasn't for the name, I would never recognize him as the kid from That Seventies Show. He looks so different!
And this is sandman, who turns out to have quite a bit of history with Peter. But after seeing his story, I felt slightly sorry for him.

Over all I thought it was quite good for such a long movie. It was very packed with action and intrigue. So go see it!

26 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who calls That 70s Show, That Seventies Show???

5/06/2007 9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, get over it. I was like 'I wonder what that person said' and that was all you had to say. I hate people who nit pick. You're just like those irritating people who go on about grammer and then have some glaring grammatical mistake in their comment.

5/06/2007 10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can definitely agree that James Franco makes the Spiderman movies really worth it :)

although i am truly excited to see this one, the story sounds good.

5/06/2007 10:21 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

James Franco is almost too attractive. Almost. Thanks for the run down, I was wondering whether I should go and see because the 2nd one was so disappointing, but I think I will.

5/06/2007 11:35 PM  
Blogger sara said...

JAMES FRANCO should be the star of the movie
i love him
only reason i saw tristan and isolde

5/06/2007 11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I SAW IT LAST NIGHT AND IT WAS AMAZING! WAY BETTER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE.

NOT TO MENTION - JAMES FRANCO GOT EVEN HOTTTER. IF THATS EVEN POSSIBLE...

5/07/2007 12:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

James Franco is smokin' hot but I like Topher Grace even better. He is gorgeous in a completely adorable, dorky way. Even though he looks bad with the blonde hair.

Why didn't you mention Bryce Dallas Howard?

5/07/2007 2:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was the worst movie i have seen in a long time. are you all completely dead on the inside? please.

5/07/2007 4:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked it. It was fun to watch. Mary Jane's white dress is really pretty. I thought her wedding dress in the second one was pretty too.

5/07/2007 6:48 AM  
Blogger alluretone said...

whoa i totally did not recognize him as the eric foreman. he looks totally different, i too think he is cute than franco, just cause i don't find him to be attractive.

5/07/2007 7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

James Franco is very good-looking ;)

5/07/2007 8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

James Franco = Yummy. Yep.

5/08/2007 12:59 AM  
Blogger The Shopping Nerd said...

Um. This movie sucked. Big time. Decent fight scenes, but anywhere they tried to insert drama just made me (and everyone around me) laugh.

5/08/2007 5:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

James Franco is fine ... i love mary jane's vintage look :)

5/08/2007 5:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to see Spiderman 3, but in reference to your previous post about casual tees (the one where you showed A&F clothes) I am imploring you to never, ever shop there again. Not only is it tres expensive and the quality no better than other clothing stores in the mall, it is an extremely bad influence on America. The latest news (besides them apparently putting only the pretty girls upfront, keeping the ugly ones behind) is that they changed the sizes on their shirts and made their jeans go only up to size 8. Why? Because they don't want "fat" people wearing their clothes. Now I'm not biased, because I'm a size 4-6 and M-S in shirts, but I am not even going into the horrid store ever again and I implore you and everyone else who chances to read this, DO NOT support A&F by buying their overpriced clothes.
Sorry that was so long! But I just found this out and thought I should share.

5/08/2007 7:26 AM  
Blogger Geisha said...

James Franco + Tons of Scenes Including Him= Great, Must-See Movie!!! He is so cute...
My comment sounds so airheaded next to the comment above mine! LOL

5/08/2007 8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Junk food is an extremely bad influence on america, over 50% of you will die of cardiovascular disease, which is connected to obesity and the consumption of junk food. Health education? I don't think the American government can handle that, they can't even handle a national health service and people are left to die without insurance. And what do the voters care about? The war in Iraq. Did you people never learn about that government strategy of distracting people's attention from things at home by winning (or, in America's case, losing) a war. Look at yourselves for fucks sake, fix your fucking country.

5/08/2007 6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to say to anonymous above me that the problems in America are not as simple as he or she thinks, and to generalize about 300 million people is an idiotic thing to do, kind of as idiotic as some immature, egotistical reader of a fashion blog, who doesn't even live in the U.S., thinking they have the answer to all its problems.

5/08/2007 11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the anonymous that anonymous above is writing about. It's not a gneralization. A (democratic) country is what it votes for. In all the U.S. elections I have watched, somehow health care doesn't really top the adgenda. Have you looked at the health care systems found in some other countries? It's not like you don't pay enough taxes, what are you getting for it?

5/09/2007 1:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I included the swear words in the comment above to see the reaction that it would elicit (which is very civil, I must say). But that is my opinion

5/09/2007 1:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you need to realize that obsesity in the U.S. has a lot more to do with things like farm subsidies than it does with just health education. It is naive (and not helpful) to think it is that simple.

5/09/2007 11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the hell is going on here? I thought this was about Spiderman?
American Government, national health insurance? wtf?!!

5/09/2007 6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um ANYWAY.. back to spiderman.

Like many have already said, I melt in the presence of james franco. It's too sad he won't be in the next one.

5/13/2007 3:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thought spiderman 3 was sooo good, the special effects where amazing, and lol it made cry loads at the end!

6/09/2007 4:20 AM  
Anonymous best 32gb high speed card said...

Hello,
Spider man 3 The first major summer movie of 2007 is going to leave fans very happy and probably justify repeat viewings long into the warmer months.

2/09/2010 8:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

christmas story memes
christmas wishes 2017
christmas greetings for husband
christmas greetings for teachers

10/30/2017 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home