July 07, 2007

Bobbi Brown Stonewashed Nudes Palette

As some of you may realize by now, I'm a bit of an eye shadow palette junky- especially Bobbi Brown ones. Its probably because a) I just can't control myself and my love for eye shadow palettes since they look so pretty and b) BB is the beauty counter I visit most often on account of my eyebrow plucking appointments. But thats another story. So anyways, when I found out that they had yet another limited edition eye shadow palette coming out following the footsteps of the Chocolate Palette last year (which I love and still use), I simply HAD to try it.

WHAT makes this palette different from the chocolate palette (besides the fact that one cannot buy the chocolate palette anymore anyways cause its limited edition)? They certainly look similar enough at first glance and that is what I asked him too. Turns out, on closer examination, there are a wider variety of colors (with a few very pretty shimmers) that makes for an more interesting combination of looks- and I agree.Instead of just brown, the look has a more of a greyish tinge to it, which makes it really great smokey eyes at night i.e. like the model above. Check out the BB website for instructions on this looks. And yet its also great for a more casual day time look- I know, because that was what the make-up artist tried on me.
He used the first three shades from the top on my top lids, the first one as base, the third one as the first layer and the second one at the outer edges of my eye blended in near the crease and as an eyeliner. He then used the third one on the inner corners and the sixth one on the outer corners to line the edges of my bottom lid. This sounds really complicated, but he IS a make-up artist and when applied subtly its a great casual look- I LOVED it.

So naturally I bought myself a palette. And if you're interested too, I suggest you not hesitate and go out to get it now before it sells out. Last time I checked, the counter I was at only had 20 more palettes left- and its only been out for a few days!
Quick note: The staying power is also amazing. The eye shadow is still on after a shower and needs to be taken off with make-up remover. Usually it comes right off with water.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can get your eyebrows plucked at bobbi brown?

oh do you think this palette will be good for olive skin tones?

7/08/2007 7:44 AM  
Blogger Siru said...

unfortunately i have no idea where i could get BB and i'm not fan of brown eyeshadows . so i'm gonna skip this one.

7/08/2007 8:13 AM  
Blogger Geisha said...

I love shimmery eyeshadows in neutral colors! I just find them really glamorous without looking Vegas showgirl-y :)

7/09/2007 4:39 AM  
Blogger Blair said...

ooh I just got this palette the other day and I absolutely LOVE it. Every shade is gorgeous on it's own and there's so many options for mixing and matching them

7/09/2007 5:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info about the Bobbi Brown new eyeshadow palette. It looks amazing and her eyeshadows are my favorites, I will have to add this to my collection!

http://clotheshorseok.wordpress.com

7/09/2007 8:35 AM  
Blogger sophia_was_here said...

Bought this a few weeks ago, tried to love and can't. I'm similar coloring as the BB model, but this palette is so boring on me. It needs better pigmentatin and a bit more shimmer.

7/09/2007 11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I know what I'm going to ask had absolutely nothing to do with your article, but I'm going to ask anyway... How do you keep your eyeliner from smudging? Even though I use the MAC eye pencil, after an hour or so, I'll start to look like a panda in training. I apply my eyeliner right where my eyelashes grow. Is that how when I blink, the eyeliner starts to smudge onto my bottom of my eyes?

7/09/2007 11:41 PM  
Blogger FIFI LAPIN said...

I Tag you! hope your not too cool for school to join in!
http://fifi-lapin.blogspot.com/2007/07/tagged.html

7/10/2007 12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I work at Bobbi Brown and love this palette. I wanted to add too that Bobbi really intended for you to use the palette 2 colors at a time max. And to layer rather than using one color in crease and then one on lid and then one in the corner. The colors look beautiful when you layer. Also you can not get your brows waxed at Bobbi Brown. We are not liscensed to do so, but we can guide you to let you know your perfect brow shape. Hope that helps.

7/12/2007 6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Millions of us do it up brown, and for good reason. Bobbi Brown is an expert at helping us look better in a very natural way. Her shades never shout, pop out at you, but are subtle and very flattering.
Her new Stonewashed Nudes Palette is a boon for both blue eyes and brown eyes, fair and dark complexions. There are three Eye Shadows and four Shimmer Wash Eye Shadows all in tones of taupe, stone, and earth. (Didn't I say natural?) These come in a 1 ½" by 5 3/4" mirrored case accompanied by a dual-ended brush for shadow and lining.
The darkest shade, what think is her Espresso shadow, is perfect for lining while the other tones brighten and highlight eyes. Forget those aging blue and green shadows, do think you'll be delighted with what this palette can do for you!
My favorite (blue eyes) for day is the taupe shadow and a very light hand with the liner.

-
Gail

7/16/2007 11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have the sandwash and surf and sand palettes and I can't wait to get this once because I really need some matte shades! Love Bobbi Brown stuff! I think this colors will look great in olive skin like mine. Does anybody know when is it coming out in Spain?

7/31/2007 10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the wonderful effort

إني تذكـرت والذكرى مؤرقـة *مجـداً تلـيدا بأيـدينا أضعـناه

أنَّى اتجهتَ للإسـلام في بـلـدٍ * تجْده كالطيرِ مقصـوصًا جناحـاه

كـم صرفتنا يـدٌ كنـا نـصرفها * وبات يـملكنا شعب مـلكناه

بالله سل خلف بحر الروم عن عرب * بالأمس كانوا هنا واليوم قد تاهوا

وانزل دمشق وسائل صخر مسجدها * عمن بناه لعل الـصخر ينعـاه

هذى معـالم خرس كـل واحـدة * منهن قامت خطيبـا فاغرا فـاه

الله يعلم ما قلبت سـيرتهم يومـا * وأخطـأ دمـع الـعين مـجراه

يا من يرى عمـراتكسوه بردته * الزيت أدمٌ لـه والكـوخ مـأواه

يهتز كسـرى على كرسيه فرقـا * من خوفه ، وملوك الروم تخشـاه

يا رب فابعث لنا من مثلهم نفـرا * يشـيدون لـنا مـجدا أضعنـاه

7/05/2009 5:58 PM  
Blogger Gutthi said...

Latest Blouse Designs
blouse design

Blouse
Designer Blouse
Blouse Neck designs
Saree Blouse
Blouse Pattern
Designs of Blouse
blouse design photos
blouse design catalogue
blouse design books
blouse designs back side
indian blouse neck designs
blouse designs 2017
simple blouse back designs
designer blouse images
designer blouse pattern catalog
blouse design cutting
blouse designs book 2017
best blouse designs 2017

1/22/2017 1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home