September 13, 2007

School Bags 2007

I feel like I've written this post before, but school bags just seems to be one of those topic that no one ever gets tired of. Probably because we're all always on the lookout for that perfect bag that is stylish yet still practical for daily wear, and the definition of stylish changes every season. So lets start.

Luckily for my wallet, my tastes and definition of style varies little over time (some may even call me boring). So for me, the perfect bag for school is still the tote. This year I've gotten even more classic and have switched from my printed Coach tote to this classic black nylon Prada tote. Coach is still high on my list, but the one I had was suede and just a little too seasonal for me- I may bring it back out come winter. The black Prada one on the other hand would last me all year, rain, snow or shine, AND it is easier on my poor lopsided shoulder than the Coach. Another similar choice to the Prada that is cheaper but just as classic is of course the Longchamp bag. I'm aware that this has been on the "list" year after year now, but what can I say, some things never change.

Just because it is still high on my list, I'm still going to include a Coach tote here. And to spice up the tote mix a bit, I'm going to throw in this lovely Kate Spade creation, simple but elegant.

Going a little funkier, I am loving these bags from UO(left) and Top Shop (right). The print makes it retro and the color makes it versatile. Plus, its big and very shoulder wearable. I hate those bags that I can't put on my shoulders!

Something trendier, I am sure you've all seen the Prada messenger in magazines everywhere. The first thing that pops into mind when I see this style bag is- school! I wonder if my mom has one hidden away somewhere that I can "borrow"..........for a similar plain, lightweight messenger bag that is more affordable, there is my other school bag brand favourite- Le Sportsac (right).

And to get the best of the two worlds, there are these bags from UO. I am especially loving the electric blue (though I think the site calls it purple??!) messenger bag. its sooo this season! Anyways, I'm off. Have a stylish school year everyone!

Ps. The Prada tote is also great for work. Flights. All occasions really:)

PPs. I think you're right and next time I am going back to my old hair salon. Even with the DVD player, it doesn't compare to new salon doesn't compare.

Image Source: Coach, Saks, Kate Spade, Longchamp, Urban Outfitters, Top Shop and Le Sportsac

21 Comments:

Blogger FashionOnTheEdge said...

I adore your blog and have read it for quite some time. Care to swap links?

9/14/2007 12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the blu bag!

9/14/2007 1:21 AM  
Blogger annie said...

I was looking for the black bag next to the blue one on urbanoutfitters.com and i couldn't find it! :( i think it's pretty cute. just wanted to get the measurements...

9/14/2007 2:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bags for school is always a problem for me, i dislike using a backpack but its so hard to find a good bag that fits everything. I really like the big black one you posted from UO.

9/14/2007 4:51 AM  
Blogger rice paper girl said...

i love that kate spade bag, so simple yet cute :)

i found a school bag the other day, I'll probably post pictures tomorrow. it's bright green and really cute and a good contrast to this season's greys :)

9/14/2007 7:36 AM  
Blogger Tulz said...

I loooove the Kate Spade bag. I have this cute red bag that I currently use which has all these really convenient inside zips and pockets.

9/14/2007 2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore the UO's bags. I love the blue one, but I know myself, I would buy the black one...:-)
I put you in my blogroll, I just love your blog!! Cheers

9/14/2007 6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As much as I like totes and messenger bags in theory, it would be great to see a post on some semi-stylish backpack or rolly-bag type things. I'm in law school, and there's noooooooo way that my laptop and books and such would fit comfortably in any of those totes and not end up sending me to the chiropractor ;)

So, I know, rolly-bags and backpacks are not the choice of the most stylish, but they're sometimes necessary so a little guidance would be awesome!

9/15/2007 2:35 AM  
Blogger glamour girly said...

O, that black&white UO bag is perfection. Great find!

hugs,
gg

9/15/2007 4:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bags are nice but the thing about UO bags is that they are such CHEAP quality. I ordered a "school bag" last year from them which was apparently made of leather but it felt so flimsy and had a weird shape when I actually put my textbooks in it that I chucked it soon after.

Buyer beware! The bag doesnt really look as beautiful as when it's stuffed with scrunched up wrapping paper as it does on the website. When you actually put 10lb Textbooks or even binders in them, they look silly and impractical.

9/15/2007 7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, that blue UO bag is just gorg.

9/15/2007 2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

juicy has a point though - cheapness is a factor with UO.

9/15/2007 2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never liked lesportsac bags. The straps hurt my shoulders and the material is too thin. The way it is constructed it's just not practical.

9/16/2007 3:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I *wish* I could afford a Prada bag for my school books...too bad it costs as much as tuition!

9/16/2007 11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

coach? gross. i don't get the hype. ugly ass bags with with average cuts and just the Coach C "pattern "all over. unique? no. classic? no. tacky? yes.

9/17/2007 2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think coach tote bag suitable for school bag, I think more like career woman's bag.

9/17/2007 10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how much is the prada tote and where can i buy it??

9/19/2007 10:04 AM  
Blogger Web Author said...

I like the Dooney Signature Bags. They came out with one for school that is white and has kid's handprints on it - very adorable.

9/19/2007 9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We specialize in laptop battery,laptop AC adapters. All our products are brand new, with the excellent service from our laptop battery of customer service team.
the most convenient and cheap replacement battery online shop in uk. We specialize in laptop batteries,laptop AC adapters.
All our laptop AC adapters are brand new, with the excellent service from our customer service team.
the most convenient and cheap battery online shop in uk.
You can find some battery and adapter from here is very cool.

We specialize in laptop batteries,laptop AC adapters. All of batteries are brand new, with the excellent service from our customer service team, you can feel free to purchase on laptop battery!
Here is cheap laptop ac adapter online shop in uk. We specialize in akku. All our au battery are brand new, with the excellent service from our customer service team.

11/07/2008 8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the wonderful effort

إني تذكـرت والذكرى مؤرقـة *مجـداً تلـيدا بأيـدينا أضعـناه

أنَّى اتجهتَ للإسـلام في بـلـدٍ * تجْده كالطيرِ مقصـوصًا جناحـاه

كـم صرفتنا يـدٌ كنـا نـصرفها * وبات يـملكنا شعب مـلكناه

بالله سل خلف بحر الروم عن عرب * بالأمس كانوا هنا واليوم قد تاهوا

وانزل دمشق وسائل صخر مسجدها * عمن بناه لعل الـصخر ينعـاه

هذى معـالم خرس كـل واحـدة * منهن قامت خطيبـا فاغرا فـاه

الله يعلم ما قلبت سـيرتهم يومـا * وأخطـأ دمـع الـعين مـجراه

يا من يرى عمـراتكسوه بردته * الزيت أدمٌ لـه والكـوخ مـأواه

يهتز كسـرى على كرسيه فرقـا * من خوفه ، وملوك الروم تخشـاه

يا رب فابعث لنا من مثلهم نفـرا * يشـيدون لـنا مـجدا أضعنـاه

7/05/2009 6:23 PM  
Blogger TNI said...

Thanks for sharing, Great and interesting content...
Times Now India
www annauniv edu
result servers
Msbte result
Thanks for writing about School bags

1/09/2017 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home