November 04, 2007

FW07 Trend: Ankle Boots I -the Basic Ones

As you may have noticed Barneys Girl and I haven't blogged a lot about fashion trends recently. Mostly, it's because we haven't been particularly inspired. Doesn't it seem like you can wear last FW's clothes and still seem fashionable this season? There is one trend that we have been loving from last season and it continues this season -the ankle boots.

I'm not a particularly exciting person and I like to know that I can use my expensive shoes (my so-called investment items,) over and over again, so after searching for two seasons, I finally found my perfect pair of boots. I love the shape and the leather is so gorgeous. They're comfortable too (-Prada). Obviously they would be more practical if they weren't so high-heeled, but I guess it's time I learn how to walk in high heels!
The other pair that I am loving this season are these Aldo boots (right). They look suspiciously like the pair of Louboutins (left) I was drooling over last FW. I love the Aldo pair so much that I've tried them on in LA and Chicago, but I didn't get them because I had already bought the first pair by then. They are so easy to put on, plus they cost only 100usd!
While browsing on the Aldo website I noticed this pair of boots. I realise that not everyone has adapted to the recent round-toe shoe trend, so this is for those who still like pointy shoes.
Meet this year's Louboutins, the Metallika. It looks like leather wrapped artistically around feet!
These Gucci boots are such stylish winter boots. (I feel warm and fuzzy and stylish just by looking at them!) I'm not a big fan of suede (esp since it rains so much in London,) but this brown is such a fantastic shade.
Even though I don't like that the zippers are in the front of these KG boots, I like the shape of the toe area. You see the way it hooks up? It reminds me of this season's Stella McCartney pumps that I've been staring at over at Net-a-Porter.
And finally, this season's major trend -patent leather. Shiny, patent leather risks the possiblity of looking tacky, but this pair is just classy. Sigh, isn't this pair of Miu Miu so gorgeous?
These basic boots are perfect for almost all outfits. They can go with jeans, pants and even mini-dresses/ skirts, so they're a must-buy for this season, (that is if you didn't buy a pair last season!)

18 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I actually think the style has changed a lot from last season to this season. The silhouette has drastically shifted.

I really love these boots though! There's probably about a million things you could wear these with. Now I want to go find some!

11/04/2007 11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

personally, i am NOT a fan of ankle boots. i think there could not be anything more ugly to wear on your feet.

i mean, they might look ok with pants/jeans MAYBE, but unless you're built like kate moss, i think wearing these with a dress/skirt will make legs look huge because of how they cutoff at the ankle.

i dont care how 'fashionable' these shoes are, you'd never catch me in them. the only ones here that look remotely cute are the suede guccis.

11/04/2007 12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I've been searching for the perfect pair of ankle boots since the end of august...and finally bought a pair from a local shoe chain at the beginning of October. :D They are perrrfect for so many outfits.

11/04/2007 1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Aldo books, mostly the pointy ones, but it seems they cannot be found in Hong Kong... Shame!

11/04/2007 2:14 PM  
Blogger Corinne said...

IMO, they can't be 'winter' boots if they're not going to keep your legs warm.

You're delusional if you call those 'boots'. They're SHOES.

The things people do these days to create more fashion 'sheep'. Yes, this blog is about fashion, definitely NOT about style.

And FYI, Cole Haan already did an actual BOOT before the Louboutins. Doesn't have to cost you an arm and a leg to be stylish. As you apparently equate big names with style quality. So materialistic of the two of you.

11/04/2007 9:05 PM  
Blogger Q said...

The leather is beautiful, but definitely not my style. The Pradas, Aldos, and Louboutins all seem so... serious. I'm all for a pair of young Kenzie booties, even if the brand isn't considered "high end"...

11/05/2007 7:09 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

The suede Gucci are just gorgeous. Must search them in shops, to see them with my own eyes...

I love ankle boots, and my personal favorite pair till now (except my Versace i have at home) is from Miu Miu: Ankle and shoe boots

11/05/2007 4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ein Traum jeder Frau

11/05/2007 7:50 PM  
Blogger Alexandra said...

I am deeply in love with that last pair!

11/06/2007 3:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i love the patent pair! good post and awesome blog!

http://missfashionella.blogspot.com

11/06/2007 6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The patent leather ankle boots sizzle! Got to have them.

11/06/2007 8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't get ankle "boots" either. I think they're hideous. Of course it's the ugly trends that survive.

11/07/2007 1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love ankle boots, they are so classic looking yet edgy and modern.

I grabbed myself a pair of very basic 4" heel w/ no platform, front laceup booties by Steven from Marshalls (of all places!) for only 60 US$...

I'm absolutely in love with the front zip KG brand pair pictured... which site are they shown on? I tried finding them to no avail.

11/08/2007 10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there...
anyone know where i can find a pair of the Gucci round toe, platform, wool-tweed ankle boots in a size 8? I was saving them as a treat to myself and they're all sold out!
Please help!!

11/25/2007 11:26 AM  
Anonymous Mothers Day said...

Mothers Day Cards
Mothers Day Cards 2016
Happy Mothers Day Cards
Happy Mothers Day Cards 2016
Happy Mothers day Crafts From Kids
Cute Happy Mothers Day SMS
Free Mothers Day 2016 Wallpapers Dp For Whatsapp

4/12/2016 11:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The year denoted the official establishment of the FHA-Secure, the home loan renegotiating program that plans to help property holders who are sinking further into risky home loan obligation. https://www.usacheckcashingstore.com/chula-vista

12/26/2016 4:00 AM  
Anonymous check cashing said...

In USA you'll notice USA everyplace, every city and 24/7. We will be predisposed to honestly like to oblige you the handiest things with 100 percentage agreements and quicker ever.

5/03/2017 3:27 PM  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

nike free run
snapbacks wholesale
chiefs jersey
nike shoes
new balance shoes
polo ralph lauren
ferragamo outlet
jerseys wholesale
adidas nmd
oakley sunglasses

8/03/2017 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home