September 19, 2008

London S/S 09: Luella

I'm the first to admit, London fashion week is too fashion forward most of the time for me to understand. Luella is the exception. Mostly because she is quirky in a preppy way, which I can appreciate. Her runway gives me ideas on how I can twist and tweak the preppy pieces I already own to become more quirky and "new". This season, she doesn't disappoint.
I absolutely detest orange. But somehow Luella makes it work by clashing it with hot pink and a vibrant blue on the runway. The outfits actually look cute and girly, instead of pumpkin-esque! Hmm...maybe I'll get something orange next season. I already have a pair of black plastic rimmed glasses!

The other innovation on the runway was the asymmetrical tiered skirt. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that yet, I've always been a fan of symmetry. But it is definitely quirky and different, it could even be cute and fun (there is an even more asymmetrical skirt than the one shown here on the runway- this is the less adventurous version). And of course, there was the usual Luella floral prints all over the runway- I love how she somehow makes it appear edgy instead of old fashioned.
Another thing I love about the Luella show is how she mix and matches prints. That soft pink floral top totally works with the bold pink stripe pants! And that lavender floral dress is just adorable. In fact, the poofy skirt and the tulles even gives it a prom-like quality (not that you would not look completely darling and perfect wearing this to a more sophisticated occasion!). Anyone need an updated prom dress?

Image Source: Style.com

20 Comments:

Blogger simply.steph said...

I do enjoy the styling. I wish I was crazy cool enough to wear such outdoors. but I've been strictly pants and tops lately...

9/19/2008 10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If nothing else, I am loving the COLOR and sense of fun.

9/19/2008 10:35 AM  
Anonymous candice said...

i love the second look with the purple skirt gorgous!!!

9/19/2008 3:13 PM  
Blogger B L O G H E R said...

I saw this collection at a showing in LA yesterday night and it was absolutely amazing! Luella was gorgeous as well!!!

9/19/2008 10:40 PM  
Anonymous i love NY said...

i agree, i overlook most of the London stuff but i loved a lot from NYC. BUT, that last dress is absolutely gorgeous! i'm a huge fan of purple so it's perfect. thanks for doing this Luella post :)

9/20/2008 11:29 AM  
Anonymous LightningFast said...

I really like the first look. Amazing collections..

9/20/2008 3:05 PM  
Blogger Fashion Upgrade said...

very nice blog !!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am arun
i am from india
jus in my school now
10th grade to be precise
i desire to become a fashion designer
and i have a blog tooo its called

www.fashionupgrade.tk

plz visit
i would love to become friends with you guys

9/20/2008 8:06 PM  
Blogger poeta fit, non nascitur said...

I loved the Luella spring collection! I got so inspired with them that I'm already planning some of my outfits, ala Luella style. ;)

9/22/2008 8:28 PM  
Blogger Studio Purpura said...

I absolutely adored luella's runway looks. thanks for sharing. feel free to check out my site too! http://blogs.studio-purpura.com

:)

9/25/2008 8:04 AM  
Anonymous World Motel said...

your blog provides the latest info on fashion. To know more about motels click motels

9/25/2008 1:49 PM  
Anonymous Punjabfootwear said...

Great fashion
www.punjabfootwear.com

9/25/2008 8:16 PM  
Anonymous Lo said...

You like fashion? you hHAVE to check this top blog out!

http://www.theluxuryspot.com

10/17/2008 4:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog!

check out this store, its pretty cool!

http://retail123.dyndns.org:8888/www.uandi.com/products.php?view=BRAND&cat=LUELLA&gender=WOMEN

12/02/2008 1:10 AM  
Blogger freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,

9/25/2009 8:09 PM  
Blogger admin said...

Poptropica
Free Ringback Tones
Mineral Supplements
Vitamin Shoppe
Value City Furniture

10/11/2009 10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

электрошокер
шокер

3/03/2010 2:02 PM  
Anonymous handicrafts items said...

nice!

6/04/2010 1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

коттедж
восстановление зрения
зеленый лазер
электрошокер

7/15/2010 8:12 PM  
Anonymous Jeans said...

Buy Jeans and Fashion Jeans online only at our clothing store!
JeansPilot blogspot

9/26/2010 9:46 PM  
Anonymous Gerald said...

This can't actually work, I suppose like this.
parts of a boat | online driving test | is anal sex safe

11/24/2011 12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home