September 16, 2008

New York S/S09: Project Runway

Is it just me, or did Project Runway pick up a bit this season? It was kind of interesting to see what kind of crazy, wild creations this set of designers put onto the runway (consistent perfection is so *yawn*). But anyway, this post is not a review of the designs on the runway (well maybe a tiny bit), but more of a rant on the way the show is ran.

One of the main goals of this show (besides the Saturn, the money and the publicity) is getting to show at Bryant Park. How many times have we heard the designers on the show say that they WILL make it to Bryant Park? Only the top three is supposed to make it there. But because the show started late this season (for whatever reasons), SIX designers made it to Bryant Park as a decoy so the viewers won't know who made it to the final three in the show. Personally I feel like this kind of undermines the show. What is the point of elimination and survival of the fittest when 6 instead of 3 designers get to share one of the most coveted prizes? What is the point of a "limited edition" bag if everyone on the streets own one too?
Back to the show, I think it's obvious who is in the top two. Korto and Leanne have been consistently good. And they have good taste (which is a big plus, given the "taste" level of the show thus far). Personally I am vouching for Leanne. Her designs are always very simple but interesting and flattering.
My second favourite is actually Kenley. I just love the whole pin-up girl look she has going. But I must say, she's made quite a few wrong turns and it is unsure whether she'd make it to top three.
But then again, I certainly hope none of these looks make it to top three..........

Image Source: Kansas City Star

19 Comments:

Blogger Jayme said...

I didnt watch this season, mostly cuase it started late and i just never got into it.

but i agree that they really need to not be sending half of the contestants to bryant park.

but since they allready have they really need to step it up in the next challanges cause i always think of the show as getting progresevly harder

9/17/2008 10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woaa, what're those three monstrocities at the end there?

9/17/2008 12:37 PM  
Blogger Minneapolist said...

Love that green dress. Love Project Runway. Love your blog.

9/18/2008 12:08 AM  
Blogger Siru said...

They have aired only two first seasons of the PR in here, so I'm totally lost in here.

juliet xxx

9/18/2008 2:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wowza that cowgirl number definitely needs some help. However that cream and baby blue outfit is amazing. I love it, I only wish i was a model so i could actually wear it lol.

I love your blog btw, I'm subscribing!

9/18/2008 4:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh wow - Leanne's is so pretty! I hope she wins. :) She has definitely been the most consistent.

9/18/2008 4:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting look but some not too wearable but fashion is about dreams.

9/18/2008 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just to let you know i love your blog, i'm at college right now so I have almost no access to fashion at all (although we do have a saks down the street which I am constantly looking in) and all the people here have horrible fashion, i don't know if you have ever seen this bag, it is basically a quilted bag with ugly flower prints on it, looks like something a ninety year old woman would carry her knitting supplies in, and that's all people have here. so it's nice to know that there are people out there that actually care about day to day fashion

9/18/2008 9:01 AM  
Blogger Mimy and Vicky said...

great blog. the collection was exquisite.

9/18/2008 10:36 AM  
Blogger Fashion Upgrade said...

very nice blog !!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am arun
i am from india
jus in my school now
10th grade to be precise
i desire to become a fashion designer
and i have a blog tooo its called

www.fashionupgrade.tk

plz visit
i would love to become friends with you guys

9/18/2008 3:22 PM  
Blogger Fashion Upgrade said...

which is the best college in the us to do fashion designing

please help me

9/18/2008 3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you, Leanne is my favorite as well. I love her simplistic and flattering designs.

9/18/2008 6:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Stunning. I think I'd wear everything up there.

9/18/2008 10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the green dress! I'd modify it and make it short so I can wear it out for a fun night out!

9/19/2008 7:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The Green Dress is Hot!

9/19/2008 7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that Project Runway picked up this season; there seemed to be a lot more buzz about it. I wish I could have stayed long enough to cover Project Runway. Unfortunately Fashion Week had to be cut short for me.

9/21/2008 4:24 AM  
Blogger Jamfox14 said...

its realy nice

10/07/2008 4:45 PM  
Anonymous Alat sex said...

I am very happy to get to this blog, the info I can here be useful. for that I can only give thanks. info toko alat bantu sex.

12/02/2014 8:43 PM  
Blogger mmjiaxin said...

coach outlet store
swarovski jewelry
michael kors outlet
christian louboutin shoes
michael kors uk outlet
ugg boots
nike running shoes
michael kors outlet sale
ray-ban sunglasses
cheap soccer jerseys
nike air max uk
prada sneakers
michael kors outlet online
nike roshe
swarovski crystal
oakley sunglasses
ralph lauren uk
nobis jacket
north face outlet
roshe run men
mm1130

11/30/2015 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home