August 30, 2008

Happy Labor Day Weekend!

One of my favourite things to do towards the end of a season, is to scope out Shopbop for bargains during their final sales period. Sadly as much time as I spend stalking Shopbop, I have no actually bought anything from there besides a pair of Marc by MJ shoes which I'd been pining for months and have tried on in real life first. But alas, I keep trying. Here is what I've scout out this season- and for those of you interested, don't forget to act fast on the Labor Day weekend sale! It IS the day to reap the rewards of your labor after all (or so my friend tells me).
A elegant silk red top (Rebecca Taylor) that is sexy yet feminine and girly at the same time, with the cute rosettes lining the bodice. And no, these YSL heels are not from Shopbop, but I thought I'd include them anyway since these two items clearly belong with each other (they are also on sale!).
Items that I probably wouldn't mind wearing next year- and maybe in the next month or so depending on the weather. Only the blue color of this BopBasic top (left) is on sale, but this was the color that caught my eye anyway. You should go check out the back- it is a pretty fabulous design! And this dress is like the navy version of the little black dress updated with cute ruffles.
Lately I am loving the wide legged pants and these blue jeans from J Brand (right) will carry you into fall. Not so much the khaki one from Robert Rodriguez (left), but then it looks really airy and comfortable- it's one of those things that you will wear again next year- even if it is just down the street to run errands!Speaking of things I will wear next year, I will definitely wear this floppy white hat by Eugenia Kim with this simple white dress by Milly. This is just a summer classic outfit. I just love the hat, the construction of it is perfect. It droops and flops at just the right places! This dark floral top from Rebecca Taylor (left) is a hot item that will mix well super well into your FW08 wardrobe i.e. under blazers, with layers etc etc. Ok, so maybe this Anna Sui top (right) is not exactly very versatile, but I wanted to include it in anyway, just because I love the mixing of prints and the over all quirkiness of this top- it will definitely make a statement.

Happy Labor Day Weekend everyone!

Image Source: ShopBop and Saks

31 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Eugenia Kim floppy hat is adorable! It would be perfect for an outdoor wedding or party.

8/31/2008 2:10 AM  
Blogger Megs said...

I have a question: I bought a denim vest at uo and now I don't know how to wear it! Help! I can't wear it with jeans right? Then what can I wear it with!?!?

8/31/2008 3:29 AM  
Blogger LOLA said...

I just wanted to tell you I love your site and have been visiting for a long time, but never commented since I didn't have a blog until now.

8/31/2008 5:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Red shiny top with red shiny patent shoes! Too shiny shiny, too matchy matchy!

8/31/2008 7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Anna Sui top. Never mind that it's not versatile. It has character! It would be lovely to pair that AS top with dark denims, no-nonsense trousers, and shorts.

8/31/2008 12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your picks but my favorite is the blue top. The color is striking!

8/31/2008 3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fashionable disgns!)

8/31/2008 4:08 PM  
Blogger alarmaa said...

That hat is so cute! If I did have money though, I would definitely get the wide leg dark jeans.

8/31/2008 5:15 PM  
Blogger Chloe said...

Hey, check out my fashion blog, www.glambitionfashion.blogspot.com/
Yours is so cool, I can't wait to see more. And how did you spread word that you have a blog? I'm still really young, and I want to know :-) Thanks!

9/01/2008 5:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im in love with the last two tops! the bow ties are so pretty

9/01/2008 8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the little black dress is something like sophisticated.. I love the style..

9/01/2008 6:25 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fork said...

Hmmm... not bad, just a little gone over when it comes to sophistication, but over all.. not bad..

9/01/2008 9:07 PM  
Blogger S.Elisabeth said...

I love the pants!

9/01/2008 10:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

great finds! the patent shoes are sexy.

9/01/2008 11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That navy dress with ruffles.
I MUST have it!

9/02/2008 12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a true and hard working fashionista I have to be honest, a large majority of those outifts are not appealing or goodlooking.
The basic things like the hat and shoes are nice, but those outfits just seem like casual wear, not fashion wear.
The white wide legged jeans are not stylish to most levels, but the nazy ruffeled dress is a must.

Please don't be mad at me for being honest.

9/02/2008 4:14 AM  
Blogger www.stepherz.com said...

I really like the look of wide legged pants too. I'm a sucker for skinny jeans, but variety is good.

Is it wrong of me to want to iron those khaki pants?

I've always known I was a little obsessive compulsive...

Good job!

9/02/2008 10:19 AM  
Blogger S.Elisabeth said...

Love the new lay, speaking of Gossip Girl, I've just made a review of the season premiere. =)

9/03/2008 10:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

IS THIS MODEL REAL?????

http://reportell.com/index.php?view=article&catid=41%3Afashion&id=135&option=com_content&Itemid=67

9/04/2008 9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey if you love online shopping be sure to checkout shopgoldyn.com- they've got really really cute clothes!

9/05/2008 10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sir/Madam,

It gives us immense pleasure to introduce to you our company
chinar softech (http://www.kashmirstorz.com).

Please visit our website http://www.kashmirstorz.com
to know more about us.

we are manufacturers owning a manufacturing unit and we are directly exporting Globally.
Some of our unique collection of ladies garments
especially Scarves,Shawls,Stoles,Wraps ,Beach Wear(Sarongs, Pareo's) with fabrics like Cashmere,pashmina, Silk,wool,Viscose,cotton,Polyester.


We also deal with Ladies Tops, Bags,ladies stoles, scarfs,Wall hangings,Ladies Jackets,Emroidery items, Carpets,Throws,Rugs and many more.

For more info please visit us at http://www.kashmirstorz.com


We also cater custom orders as per buyer requirement.


.
Give us an opportunity to serve you
Our Email id:- chinarsoftech@gmail.com
Thanks & Regards,

Ravi kaul,
Chinar Softech,
New Delhi-India
+91 9871179706
http://www.kashmirstorz.com

9/07/2008 3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Anna Sui top. you really do find some great designs. thanks!

9/13/2008 11:03 AM  
Anonymous gih said...

wow! perfect ladies. I like their style.

3/19/2010 8:11 PM  
Anonymous denparser said...

Nice fashion. Gorgeous!

3/19/2010 8:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really like the wide leg women's pants. Those jeans are gorgeous! I would wear them all the time.

5/31/2010 2:48 AM  
Anonymous Algar said...

I think every person ought to read it.
hotels in downtown nashville tn | Vancouver Hotel Deals | yamaha keyboard

10/13/2011 10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you have made decision to develop apps for your iPhone, you should search for internet web with the help of major search engine, like Bing and Yahoo. When you look for mobile development firm, there are some basic aspects, which you have to keep them with you while picking a reliable source for your app development project.
joint pain relieverpicnic baskets

11/18/2011 8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make Money With Your Site!
Sell Links off your
site at ReverseLinks.
Buy Permenant Links
Get Permanent Text Links
for cheap.
The iPhone consumers are sharing the reality that iPhone is not only just mobile but it is also business gadget that holds lots of activities on it related to your business, such as business data, contact lists, promotions, marketing channels and more.
chiropractor Oak Parknatural skin care tips for acne

11/18/2011 9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can choose one of them but make sure all iPhone app development companies are not having enough experience and well expertise to development innovative and resourceful iPhone applications.
optical transceiverfree sms

11/18/2011 10:07 PM  
Blogger sunflower said...

Mộc Châu - Sơn La mùa hoa Ban trắng
Dự kiến từ cuối tuần này hoa Ban chớm nở, phù hợp để đi Mộc Châu ngắm hoa Ban, hoa Cải
trung tâm kế toán tại nam định
trung tâm kế toán tại ninh bình
trung tâm kế toán tại vinh nghệ an]
Chi phí cho 1 chuyến Mộc Châu 2 ngày bằng xe máy giao động 400k
2: Bình Liêu - Quảng Ninh

4/04/2016 12:24 AM  
Blogger John Morsh said...

I enjoyed over read your blog post. Your blog have nice information, I got good ideas from this amazing blog. I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again..
Buy Wine Online Singapore

3/23/2017 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home