January 17, 2007

64th Golden Globes Awards Fashion: The Pretties

It's awards season! Time for all the celebs to clean up and practice their poses. This year's Golden Globes was a relative fashion success. There were gorgeous dresses everywhere, and not too many ugly ones, (see tomorrow for the ugly ones). Since there are just waaay too many celebs and dresses, I'm just going to talk about the ones I really loved and the celebs who I bother noticing.

Reese Witherspoon -Wow. I'm personally a black and white person, but I absolutely LOVE this canary yellow Nina Ricci dress on Reese. Amazing. And those shoes! The dress and shoes are so bright without the tackiness, and fresh. The only weird thing is that Reese seems to have lost a bit too much weight -her face is looking oddly thin.

Ellen Pompeo -I think this is one of the best red carpet looks I've seen on Ellen so far. She looked gorgeous. I love that if you look at the front of her Versace dress, it looks like a simple, elegant dress, and at the side, it's this season's fashion-foward futuristic-themed design.

Ali Larter (left) and Hayden Panettiere (right) -Both Heroes stars wore white gowns. Ali simply looked stunning and Hayden looked so sweet. It's not very often new-comers get their red-carpet outfits right the first-time round.

Sandra Oh -Her fashion choices are usually a bit iffy, but this dress was great -it's simple, sleek and trendy. Plus, her eye-makeup matches perfectly.
Kate Walsh -Not the most exciting or fashion-foward dress, but still really pretty and classic.

Eva Longoria -As usual. I mean, when is she ever not on the 'pretties' lists? And look at those lashes -L'oreal must be so proud.

Evangeline Lilly - Gorgeous as usual. This dress is really pretty too. Looks a bit like a piece of modern art made of light chiffon.

America Ferrera -Great dress on her. To be honest, I was a bit surprised she won Best Actress (Drama). It's not that she's not a good actress, but we've only seen 12 episodes of Ugly Betty and they weren't particularly dramatic.

Drew Barrymore -The light pink gown by Galliano is so soft and pretty. It's not the most stunning dress there, but it suits Drew very much.

Sienna Miller -Highly controversial. Personally, I think that dress really suits her and she looks really pretty. It might have looked better if she she had her hair down in loose waves, but her hairstyle suited her dress.

My favourite accessories:

1. Those diamond earrings look so ordinary, but they complimented Ellen Pompeo's dress and whole look so perfectly. 2. Sienna Miller's clutch. 3. Reese Witherspoon's red shoes -seriously gorgeous.

And finally, just because Hugh Laurie is so brilliant at being House.

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that is the best I have ever seen Drew Barrymore look. Love the dress.
I really wasn't fond of Sienna Miller's dress or her hair. Not my favorite look for her. I think it kind of makes her look old. Just don't like it.

1/17/2007 7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the gowns this year!! Reese looks stunning - just absolutely stunning - in yellow and she really stands out in the knee length dress, I loathe Ellen Pompeo but her dress is awesome, and Evangeline Lilly's dress is just beautiful. I also liked Emily Blunt's dress a lot, even though it's not pictured here. I liked Sienna's dress, but I agree with you about the hair - would have looked much nicer loose. She looks a bit like a Swiss milkmaid.
PS: I am assuming Cameron Diaz will be on tomorrow's list???

1/17/2007 7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think America Ferrera completely deserved her awards. Yes, there havn't been many UB episodes, but she's already left a big impression on people. Ferrera plays a part that makes her appear obviously overweight and 'ugly', which is hard to do on TV these days when you've got the OC where everyone is sunkissed and wearing the latest in Abercrombie & Finch. Plus, it's all very comical.

As for Miller's hair, I thought it was beautiful and unique. When she was under the lights on stage, the way they made her hair shine was amazing (I'm not even a fan in anyway or sort)! She really did look like a princess. Although, it may have been a little much with her dress. The again, I'm happy she didn't do anything typical, because hairstyles at award shows are always the same.

1/17/2007 8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

America Ferrera won best actress in a television comedy- not drama.

1/17/2007 9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evangeline got negative ratings, but I absolutely loved the dress.

1/17/2007 12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too loved Reese Witherspoon’s dress and her shoes and hair made the outfit. Amongst my other favourites were Eva Longoria, Emily Blunt, and Naomi Watts. I did not like Sienna’s dress nor her hair despite the funky fashion forward bo-ho girl that she is. It just seemed too much of the wrong red carpet look. However, she’s such a young pretty girl that she gets away with anything!

1/17/2007 12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you with Reese's dress. I love how she rocked the sideswept bangs as well.

1/17/2007 12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes - my favorite actress in the world Reese Witherspoon looks more than stunning as USUAL. Damn she looks gorgeous there.

And im so happy for Hugh Laurie! He is an AMAZING actor

1/17/2007 3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Sienna Miller's dress; it's so graphic and beautiful. Agree that her hair wasn't the best. America Ferrera was so pretty and seemed like a genuinely nice girl; I've seen some of her movies and she totally deserved that Globe!

Hugh Laurie = sexxxy!!!

1/17/2007 4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I do think that Reese looks stunning, BUT it´s a rule that in those kind of partys women have to wear a long dress. It´s not a cocktail-party!

1/17/2007 9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugh Laurie is a STUD.

Reese looked absolutely adorable.

I would like Sienna's hair with a different dress, and her dress with different hair. It just doesn't look right together.

Why wasn't Penelope Cruz's Karl Lagerfield masterpiece on 'The Pretties?!'

1/18/2007 2:13 AM  
Blogger Harrods Girl said...

The Golden Globes is generally seen as more casual than the Oscars, which is why it's ok not to wear super formal dresses.

I wasn't big on Chanel worn by Penelope Cruz. It didn't really suit her. As for Cameron Diaz, she actually looked pretty in a slight gothic way in the Valentino gown. I forgot to add her on this list.

1/18/2007 2:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say I really enjoyed the fashion
at this year's golden globes. I noticed a lot of black and white so that's why mi favorite pick is reese witherspoon who looks so refreshing in this bright yellow. Though I loved Kate Winslet's dress as well which I'm suprised is not pictured because she looked absolutely elegant and classy. Hilary Swank was lovely especially her hair and I really liked renee zellweger's green dress!!

1/18/2007 3:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I <3 angie + brad!! Hilary Swank , Rachel Bilson(was that her?) etcc did anyone see natalie portman?

1/18/2007 6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really have to disagree with you about Sienna Miller -- we literally recoiled from the screen when she came on the first time with that crazy hair! Ew.

1/18/2007 6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugh Laurie is the prettiest of them all.

1/18/2007 8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Harrods Girl,

I was wondering which accessory was your favourite of 2006... Maybe Reese Witherspoon's shoes?

You can also get voting on http://wwwredbeadscouk.blogspot.com/

1/19/2007 12:10 AM  
Blogger ENID P. said...

I didn't like Sandra Oh's dress...


ENID P.

1/19/2007 6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ellen pompeo looks gorgeous, especially from the front, but i am disappointed with the side view because that fabric going from her butt to her shoulder doesnt make sense it just looks like a butt-horn :(
i agree with your choices except for evangeline lily, i just found the pink-yellow combination unflatering..

1/19/2007 9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eva longoria's dress totally goes with her. it's gorgeous!

1/22/2007 4:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is sienna miller's clutch bottega veneta?

1/22/2007 12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

may be you could help me...I want to know the red shoes designer...Do you?

1/23/2007 4:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

reese witherspoon rocks!!!
she was like sunshine in that yellow dress...the hair is perfect!!!
sienna miller is boring...enough of her!!!

1/30/2007 5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We specialize in laptop battery,laptop AC adapters. All our products are brand new, with the excellent service from our laptop battery of customer service team.
the most convenient and cheap replacement battery online shop in uk. We specialize in laptop batteries,laptop AC adapters.
All our laptop AC adapters are brand new, with the excellent service from our customer service team.
the most convenient and cheap battery online shop in uk.
You can find some battery and adapter from here is very cool.

We specialize in laptop batteries,laptop AC adapters. All of batteries are brand new, with the excellent service from our customer service team, you can feel free to purchase on laptop battery!
Here is cheap laptop ac adapter online shop in uk. We specialize in akku. All our au battery are brand new, with the excellent service from our customer service team.

11/07/2008 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home