July 06, 2005

Duty Free Shopping at Heathrow

Hi people, I'm finally back home and not very much enjoying the terribly humid and hot weather here. Not to mention that my computer is, oh horror of horrors, NOT working *shrieks in fustration and hits the computer pointlessly*. (I'm using my sister's comp at the moment, thus being forced to listen to her Japanese learning tapes.)

Anyways, so remember a few days ago I was talking about suitcases and mentioned I was going to Heathrow (London)? Here's what I managed to snag up from the Duty Free at Heathrow:

Yuppie, one of my must-have cult products, the lovely YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch. It does everything its description says. It's brilliant at lightening dark or 'shady' areas on your face. I esp love using it under my eyes to cover black circles. This is the third tube I have purchased in the short time frame I had started to wear makeup. Plus, there is a reason why all makeup artists love this golden wand.

This is a new try of mine recommended by a makeup-loving friend and loads of makeup review raves, the Lancome Cils Booster XL Super Enhancing Mascara Base. It claims its meant to 'protect your lashes from the damaging ingredients of mascara', (which I don't believe in.) But I had heard that it helps put volume into the lashes so I decided to try it. I am so desperate for beeeautiful long, thick 60s lashes, and am willing layer on the products to achieve it. My quest of finding the ultimate mascara continues... ...

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eclat is amazing. Terry Gunzburg is a freakin' genius. Put it on and the light just goes ding ding ding.

Hope you had a good trip!

7/06/2005 3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great product.

7/06/2005 8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol i have that mascara too! It is said to make eye lashes healthier by giving it vitamin e. I highly doubt my eye lashes absorb vitamin e from mascara. But cut line, it DOES make your eye lash look thicker (kinda like another layer) so I guess thats good right?

I must try out that YSL wand some time, sounds promising.

7/06/2005 9:55 PM  
Blogger Whitepoppy said...

I do like Touche eclat, but find it can be a bit chalky. Personally I've now progressed on to Dior's skinflash which I find more blendable!

7/06/2005 11:26 PM  
Blogger Fashion Style Chic said...

I LOVE Duty Free. Was traveling back to the states and picked up some stuff at the airport in Canada. Thanks for sharing :)

7/07/2005 10:58 AM  
Blogger Harrods Girl said...

I tried the Dior skinflash too, but I found that kind of chalky! I think it sometimes depends on the state of your skin (dry?) when you try the product.

7/07/2005 11:04 AM  
Blogger Elke said...

As a makeup artist, I've tried the Lancome's as well. It leaves lashes a little thicker but not much. Try Lancome's Aquacils (the best mascara yet) or Benefit's Bad GalLash mascara.. I hear raves about it from other makeup artists. Also, another drugstore mascara that I found to be REALLY surprisingly good is revlon's Fabulash. Not as thick as Aquacils but really good!

Best of luck mascara hunting!
Elke

7/08/2005 1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bedroom Decoration Ideas , Bathroom Decorating Ideas, living room decorating ideas , Dining room decoration, Home Accessories, Home Lighting Ideas , Home Office Ideas , Kids Room Decor , Rug Art & Design, Storage Ideas , Wall and Ceiling Art , Kitchen Design Ideas , Home Decorating , Food Recipes, Handmade Crafts , Arts, Family Care, Home Improvement , Fashion Design , Fashion Sketches , Gardening, Fashion and Beauty , sitemap.xml , Stylish Eve Sitemap , sitemap.xml.gz

12/04/2009 1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From stylish eve , home decorating ideas , handmade crafts , fashion clothes , beauty tips , beautiful women , home improvement , home and garden , arts and crafts plus family care , arts and crafts , greeting cards , food recipes , main dishes , beverages , salad recipes , appetizers recipes , sandwiches recipes , desserts recipes , paintings , drawings , oil painting , acrylic painting , watercolor painting , portrait drawing , beautiful women , fashion sketches , body care , makeup tips , hand care , hair care , gardening , home improvement , home decorating ideas

1/23/2010 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home