February 09, 2006

Grammys Award 2006 Fashion

Admittedly, the Grammys have never exactly been the most fashionable and glam event of the year, but this year I must say, I'm impressed. Especially when compared to last year. Most of the stars played it safe with classic one piece dresses-which was really quite boring, but a few did make an effort to be creative and the result was stunning.
My favourite outfits were from Beyonce and Alicia Keys. Both were very slinky and glam, but I think I'm going to hand the prize of best dressed to Alicia Keys in her Armani Prive dress, because she made the most improvement since last year.
And then there are Teri Hatcher and Christina Milian. The headlines have all admired Teri Hatcher's Jean Paul Gaultier dress as the best one in the whole show, but I beg to differ. Its nice, but its not that irresistible. And I just find Christina's Max Azria Atelier dress very interesting. Its a thin line between looking skanky or sexy, but I think she has managed to look elegant here.


I also thought that Kelly Clarkson's Max Azria Atelier (wow they must be sponsoring a LOT of starlets this event) black dress was quite flattering. Different from the usual punk rock star image I somehow see her in. And Eva carried this blue dress well-it can potentially be a fashion disaster.


Next season's white also seemed to be a very popular color, as seen on Mary J Blige and Ciara in her Alberta Ferretti dress. Mary looks like she's playing tennis the glam way. But Ciara looks godess like.

For all those pregnant celebs out there, it is definitely a good thing that the empire waist has been so popular recently, because they are so completely flattering on pregnant women. They barely look like they're pregnant. This is very well demonstrated by Gwen here. I'm not that much a fan of this leopard printed dress, but it is very Gwen.


I have no idea what Madonna is trying to achieve here. And from the looks of her expression, she doesn't know either.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teri Hatcher, a CELEBRITY?! Woman should do what she's best at and start giving me some new Desperate Housewives episodes. I'm sick of all the repeats. But srsly. She's showing up everywhere and it's bugging the hell out of me. It's like mom showing up at the mall, rockconcert, and dance. Btw, she looks like a swamp in the night.

All those celebrities need to step off the whole "greek goddess" stage. Whatever Kate Moss does, they take it and rape it. Christina Milian looks cute.


Ps. Gwen ruined herself.
PPs. LOL @ MADONNA COMMENT.

2/10/2006 12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

madonna should end her career just right about....
NOW.

YOU'VE RUINED IT MADGE! RUINED IT. AND THERE'S NO WAY BACK.

Let us remember you as you were. We know you didn't have much education when you were young, so we let the whole Kabbalah thing pass by. But now! Copying New York Misshapes clubbers who wear swimsuits and tights(who also don't really dance)!

You've ruined it.

2/10/2006 12:41 PM  
Blogger Harrods Girl said...

I thought Beyonce (WOW), Alicia Keys and Teri Hatcher's dresses were gorgeous. Not such a big fan of the others though.

I think award shows for actresses always have better fashion than those for singers for some odd reasons.

2/10/2006 2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alicia Keys is my favourite, but I´m quite disappointed about Madonnas taste in the last year. Sign of getting old? YUK!

2/10/2006 8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm curious to know what headlines you were reading that said Teri Hatcher's dress was one of the best. Everything I read said the thing made their retinas explode. Not in a good way, either.

2/11/2006 3:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous: I read it on headlines like yahoo newshere, and I just thought its not that gorgeous.

le blessure sainte: yes, admire Gwen alot for being so Gwen.

2/11/2006 4:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

teri looks blah. boy shorts gross me out. is it just me or does she not have enough boobies to fill it out? christina looks more skanky than sexy. but gweny looks gorgeous!! what was queen latifah wearing?? it was like pirate inspired.

2/11/2006 5:08 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I agree with anon...I thought Teri Hatcher's dress was appalling...she walked out to present and out of my mouth tumbled..."OMG, waht was she thinking"...sorta reminded me of Gwyneth's 2002 Oscar's dress...

2/11/2006 6:39 AM  
Blogger Are You the New Avante Garde? said...

Teri's dress was good. but did you see her complexion/teeth?

blech!

2/11/2006 7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alicia Keys really has come a long way since last year! Teri Hatcher's dress might have looked good on someone else, Madonna is trying to invent a new style and is failing miserably...

2/11/2006 10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All those dresses are GORGEOUS. Though i have to say I dont see the big deal on Teri's dress. Less see-through would've been better. And where do i even begin with Madonna's...

2/12/2006 8:17 AM  
Blogger That Student said...

I really don't like Teri Hatcher's dress. Underwear is meant to be worn, not seen. The top of the dress, along with her pouffy hair, makes her look even more skeletal. I think she should have gone with less busy shoes...the dress is so messy that the shoes seem to interfere. But Christina Milian really was able to pull off that dress.

2/14/2006 1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alicia Keys looked very classy and beautiful. Christina Milian had a close call with that dress - it was almost whorish but she pulled it off by walking with confidence and not over accessorizing. Terri Hatcher is reminding me of the Mom that tries to live vicariously through her daughter by wearing her clothes (and the daughter doesn't have good taste either)- ick! She needs to get more comfortable with acting her age and dressing it too!

2/24/2006 1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.moviespoint.org

12/03/2006 2:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exclusio Video: Teri Hatcher Nude( VIDEO )

>>>http://terihatcher.xe.cx


Enjoy!!! She pretty sexy...

9/07/2010 5:08 AM  
Anonymous Stephen said...

This won't actually have effect, I suppose like this.
download to pc games | direct to drives | racing pc games | puzzle games online | free games database

11/28/2011 4:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

michael kors handbags wholesale
vikings jerseys
pittsburgh steelers jersey
michael kors handbags
nike air force 1
ralph lauren outlet online
michael kors handbags
nhl jerseys
canada goose jackets
fitflops sale clearance

3/09/2017 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home