July 11, 2006

Haute Couture FW06 III

Today's the last post for the FW06 Haute Couture shows. To be honest, I don't love haute couture collections as much as RTW collections because afterall, I actually get to wear RTW collections, (or at least their high street versions.) But as I looked at the photos one by one from the Lacroix and Gaultier shows, I can't help but sigh... sooo pretty.

Christian Lacroix

Whenever I window shop in high-end department stores and stumble across the Lacroix section, I always end up disappointed because the clothes sold are just so... messy (the design) and untrendy. But it's the couture shows that remind me every half a year why I admire this brand.

For some odd reasons, I keep seeing bits and pieces of other RTW designers' designs at the beginning of this collection. Like the coat on the left reminds me a bit of Marc by Marc Jacobs girly cutting.

(And these sort of remind me of Anna Sui.) Nevertheless, I love all the cream and gold colours used. So lovely.

These dresses are not what I would describe as 'pretty', (maybe except for the middle one,) but I really like them. The black dresses remind me of dresses of gothic dolls -sophisticated dolls of course.

Love both of these dresses. The brown bubble dress is adorable in a slightly edgy way, and the dress on the right is royal without being princess-y sweet.

Jean Paul Gaultier

While Gaultier is not the fanciest nor grandest haute collection, it's definately the darkest and most edgy haute collection.

I can totally picture a rich Parisian lady walking down the street in this fur-trimmed, crocodile-skin coat. (I'm not 100% sure it's crocodile skin.) And on the right is a perfect LBD for the not-so-boring people.

Now this is a scary amount of fur, layers and layers of it! On the right is another seemingly simple, but actually not so simple dress. I love the gold silk layer under the maroon chiffon. It adds a lot of dimension to the dress.

The model is literally 'foxy'. Not only is there a fox 'necklace', the dress has a fur tail trailing behind. On the right is a old-French-style dress.

Most people are more amazed by the purple web dress on the right, but personally I found the dress on the left more eye-catching. Look at the details: I'm not talking about the painting-like pattern on the dress, but the web or wire-looking material that is moving on the left side. That flap really adds definition to an otherwise unexciting dress.

Hmm... I think the Christian Lacroix collection was my favourite out of all the FW06 haute couture collections. It's not the most innovative collection, but I love the combination of the prettiness, flattering cuts and slight edginess.

13 Comments:

Blogger Sophia said...

i know im gonna sound a little different here but gaultier is my favorite. its like the toned-down version of galliano. he just managed to keep edgyness, elegance, practicality/wearability & outrageousness in a perfect balance. as for lacroix, he is one crazy man (his hand gestures hinting a great deal of neurosis!) but he is a very talented man at the same time. he does theatrical so well (i used to think hes so OTT when i was little.. but maybe thats because i was in the 80s) and i love that gold jacket btw! no one does bold colors better than monsieur lacroix!

Sophia @ My Little Vogue Journal http://sofysophia.blogspot.com

7/11/2006 8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That red Jean Paul Gaultier reminds me of this CK http://www.vogue.co.uk/ImageLib/320x480/Shows/AW2006/New_York/R-T-W/Calvin_Klein/00060f.jpg. btw have u seen Galliano's new couture? it sucks lol to be honest which surprises me cuz i love his dior

7/11/2006 12:49 PM  
Blogger alluretone said...

i agree with you harrods girl. i saw the last two pictures and the one on the left is what caught my eye first and amzazed me. I didn't even really notice the purple one till i read your comment below it. It's such an amazing dress. It's like beautiful lights of newyork at night trapped in that whole dress!

7/12/2006 2:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its hard to say which ONE is my favourite one, becausse I like dior, chanel and Armani- but all for different reasons. Dior for its creativity and beauty. Chanel for just being chanel- esp the evening gowns. Armani for its sleek elegance.

7/12/2006 11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the marron chiffon dress! And the pink one below it is cute as well. I'm sorry to say that the hairstyles are not artistic to me...Just weird. But nice blog, as usual!

7/12/2006 1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lacroix and Chanel are my faves. Took a week to finally decide!

7/12/2006 3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but i'm scared after seeing those

7/14/2006 9:00 PM  
Blogger Frapp said...

The Jean Paul Gautier collection HAS to be my favourite. I love the simplicity of the pink and black dresses and how they look so original yet simple and gorgeous.

7/15/2006 5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really wish designers would not use fur. The fox "necklace" is very disturbing. I think that designers should be more socially-aware and make a stand not to use fur. I know that many retailers have quit carrying items with fur trim because much of it comes from undisclosed animals, namely cats and dogs from China that are held in deplorable conditions and then brutally slaughtered all so we can have our lovely fur-trimmed item. I think it is terrible!

7/15/2006 12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the images - partic the fur / croc coat - I troo an unsure as to whether it is real croc??

For HUGE pics of the JPG coats try here........

http://catwalks.sagafurs.com/albums/album262/GAULTIER_HCFW07_254.sized.jpg

Nice blog

7/15/2006 5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the black ones with the sort of goth look

3/17/2009 1:48 AM  
Anonymous Haute Couture said...

Lovely collection, especially enjoying the pink dress worn by Lily Cole.

9/09/2009 6:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WWW0809
new nike shoes
coach outlet online
christian louboutin shoes
moncler online
coach factory outlet
adidas nmd runner
off white clothing brand
christian louboutin outlet
nike factory outlet
canada goose jackets

8/09/2018 5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home