December 08, 2006

BG's Paris Diary: Week 10

So here are a few random things you should do if you have the luxury of spare time in Paris.

Just wander around the Louvre by yourself. It is a liberating experience and there are SO MUCH one misses when on a quick tour. I am especially glad I didn't miss this sculpture here, it soo romantic and touching.
Next to the Louvre, there is the Palais Royal. It is an absolutely beautiful garden. On a sunny day, it is especially beautiful and a Parisian crowd gathers to play ball and walk around with their kids. It is charming.
Just so you can say you've been there, there is Montmarte and this building here is the Sacre-Coeur basillica. This is where that scene with the carrousel was filmed from Amelie! Personally I didn't like the area much. Too crowded and there were loads of people accosting you on the street trying to tie strings on your wrists.

Odd things I've seen in Paris. The signs there say, "Greedy Hamster,""Chat Gentil,""Mixed WC,""Chat Vorace" and other bizarre things like that. And this ad, is absolutely EVERYWHERE in the Paris metro. It advertises a museum exhibit. I swear that she looks like Paris Hilton!

Everything in Paris are tiny. Their smart cars are so tiny, they can be parked like THAT (left) on the street. I've honestly never seen that done before until now. I hear that when they park so close they can't get it, they just get four guys on the street and lift the car out, though i have not seen this phenomena yet. Oh and the other day, people were crowding on the streets staring at this little rat eat. It was crazy. I've never seen one so small before, granted I don't see a lot of rats period. . .

And I also find it fascinating that everywhere I go there are restuarants and street names and areas named after people I've studied in class. Descartes, Voltaire, Diderot to name a few. Although I really shouldn't since they name streets after presidents all the time. But still, I thought it was kind of cool.

Now, I am off to enjoy my last two days in Paris- work free! Since HG and I are both going to be busy packing and leaving to go back home, we are going to be taking a break from blogging this weekend. But we'll see you all on monday!

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel like that is paris hilton. lazy eye and all.

I MISS YOU WOMAN!!!

12/09/2006 1:48 AM  
Blogger The Shopping Nerd said...

Holy moly I saw the picture first and thought it WAS paris hilton.

12/09/2006 4:57 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

I love your blog! Great pictures. That DOES look like Paris Hilton...

12/09/2006 1:39 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I love your blog! Great pictures. That DOES look like Paris Hilton...

12/09/2006 1:45 PM  
Blogger Cathi Cohen said...

wow you are so lucky to just be wandering around paris!

12/10/2006 9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paris sounds good. Never been there. Heard it's the fashion capital. Well oh well. How do you like my outfit today? Check me out:
http://stylesucker.blogg.se

12/10/2006 11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey barney's girl!
your pictures of paris look so lovely! hope you have a great last two days there.
It so cool seeing that picture of the weird black and white stripped columns in the Palais Royale! I had to spend a whole morning there when I was on my geography fieldtrip last spring.. i spent an hour sitting on the column right in the front of your picture ,waiting for my professor to arrive so that I could make up some philosophy about the 'aura of the shops at Palais Royale'. .... there was a really awesome shop on the right hand side - selling gorgeous designer black dresses. did you see it?!
sorry.. massive message. but yay ! we tread the same ground of a foreign city!
have a great christmas.
XXXXJenny

12/11/2006 6:06 AM  
Blogger L said...

I've been reading your blog for quite some time. I'd love if you posted on what-to-wear to an office party. I've got 48 hours and I just can't decide what to wear! any suggestions? or maybe a suggestion of where to look for a suggestion?? :)

12/11/2006 10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ddddddddddddddddddddddd

12/11/2006 2:22 PM  
Blogger fjl said...

Heaven!

12/11/2006 10:09 PM  
Blogger NY Spender said...

That beautiful sculpture is of Cupid and Psyche. You can read their story here. Very romantic.

12/12/2006 3:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya seriously! Is that really NOT a painting of Paris Hilton???

12/12/2006 7:14 AM  
Blogger R.C. said...

Nice blog!

best wishes!

12/12/2006 8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joining the 'thought it *was* Paris Hilton' club.

It's too bad Montmartre was no fun for you. I was there in winter and it wasn't very busy at all.

12/13/2006 12:20 AM  
Blogger An (ex) alien in new york said...

it completely depends on what time of year you go

12/13/2006 1:02 AM  
Blogger Q said...

Paris looks amazing, I'm visiting there in June and it can't come by fast enough. Wandering around the Louvre by yourself sounds like a dream come true...!

12/13/2006 12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.lingeriesshop.org/
Sexy Lingeriessexy lingeries

lingeries office womens lingeries lingeries pic.

6/12/2007 9:09 PM  
Anonymous Columbus Laser said...

Wow, nine links in one comment. One should be enough for any man!
Stu the lasik ohio surgeon

7/27/2009 12:03 PM  
Anonymous Alzheimers care Tampa said...

Nice blog.made more colorful with the pictures.thank you for posting

3/27/2018 2:19 PM  
Anonymous LT Couplings said...

The way of writing is really good .Very much impressed .keep it up

3/27/2018 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home