July 12, 2007

Online Window Shopping For On Sale Dresses

Since I've started my summer job (answering phones,) I've stopped shopping and it's making me feel uninspired and sad. So I went onto a bunch of websites to look for dresses -on sale ones of course, since what's the point of shopping for full-priced items now when there are bargains all around you. Here are the dresses I liked: (I actually visited a few other e-stores but nothing else caught my eye.)

I've been away from London for just over a month and naturally, the thing I miss the most about London is Top Shop. The online sale section on the Top Shop site doesn't really have a great selection of clothes, but I would definitely have tried on these two dresses if I saw them in the shops. I like the modern artistic feeling the graphic print dress (left) by Top Shop Unique gives. As for the black dress (right), it just looks like a no-brainer, basic dress to own and to go out at night -practical right?

Next I went to Anthropologie (found nothing there) and Urban Outfitters. I miss the Urban Outfitters shops in the States SO much -there's such a wider selection of affordable clothes in the States' shops than UK shops. I love this red dress. Yes, I know it's very plain and basic (which is so me,) but think of all the occasions I can wear it to -that's for daytime and night-time. I can wear it to a bar/ clubbing at night or when I feel like being eye-catching during daytime. There's even a wrap just under the bust area to make the dress flattering for most body types.

I like the blue version of this dress (left), but I'm showing both the colours to show how the dress can look different just by tieing or not tieing the string. It'll make a nice casual, very streetwear-feeling type of daytime dress.

And finally, I ended up at my favourite online shop, Shopbop. I've been eyeing these two Rachel Pally since they have just arrived on Shopbop. They're simple without being boring, and it's so easy to just slip on one of them and wear it alone or maybe with a pair of leggings or skinny jeans. Absolutely great for daytime.

As for nightwear, I found these two dresses. There's the 60's styled shift dress by Alicia + Olivia (left) which looks classy (it's black and white and has a modest neckline,) and young (thanks to the bias stripe and short length.) As for the navy dress (right), it's simple and contemporary, sort of a blend of Clavin Klein and 3.1 Phillip Lim, you think? Actually, after staring at it for awhile, it looks like something LC (from the Hills) would wear to events.
Mmm, I do love looking at clothes online and getting inspired... Or maybe I should just stop being lazy and go shopping.

Photo credit: www.topshop.com, www.urbanoutfitters.com, www.shopbop.com

23 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, I've always thought that you live somewhere in the States :D I'm from Finland and I really enjoy reading your blog. You write about things which are quite uncommon around the Finnish fashionblogs and I like how you add many pictures into your posts.

7/12/2007 2:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, I've always thought that you live somewhere in the States :D I'm from Finland and I really enjoy reading your blog. You write about things which are quite uncommon around the Finnish fashionblogs and I like how you add many pictures into your posts.

7/12/2007 2:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops, I accidentally sent my message twice.

7/12/2007 2:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore your your blog and read it religiously! I'm from Hong Kong myself, but unfortunately I live in Hawaii now. Well, perhaps not so unfortunate, but I miss the shopping scene in Hong Kong terribly! Your blog reminds me of that much happier time....sigh*

7/12/2007 4:34 AM  
Blogger sara said...

Rachel Palley ones are so my favorite

7/12/2007 4:59 AM  
Blogger Freddie L Sirmans, Sr. said...

Just browsing the internet, very interesting blog.

7/12/2007 6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the first dress...so unique

7/12/2007 10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That first dress from Top Shop is gorgeous! Looks like it would be very easy to make it go from casual to going-out and vice versa. Great find. Also, I completely agree on the Rachel Palley dresses!

7/12/2007 10:54 AM  
Blogger Modish Moodishta said...

hey...I adore your your blog ...and i have linked to my just-born blog.. hope its ok with you :)

7/12/2007 7:18 PM  
Blogger glamour girly said...

I just love that navy dress in the last two pics - I am going to have to look it up! And the Rachel Pally red and white is adorable, too.

hugs,
gg

7/12/2007 9:15 PM  
Blogger Tulz said...

Actually I tried on the red dress at Urban. The front part doesn't really wrap over and it makes the fit of the front part awkward...maybe it was just me. But I did end up buying another dress from there, which I LOVE!

7/13/2007 4:00 AM  
Blogger 2B4U said...

I love Rachel Pally. I wear it all the time. Her items are so very comfortable! A website called http://www.DesignersLA.com will be adding some of her items from a prior season and priced below retail. They should be online within 7-10 days or around the end of July '07. Check it out. It's always nice to get bargain prices for the things you love!

7/13/2007 2:13 PM  
Blogger joy de vivre said...

Women's online magazine SavvyMiss.com has just opened up a new online store!

We scoped out the internet for the best fashion deals for your favorites like Marc Jacobs, Juicy Couture, and L.A.M.B., plus some up-and-coming designers you'll love.

Check it out here:
http://www.savvymiss.com/shopping.html

7/14/2007 7:46 AM  
Blogger Mr. Car Hire said...

MBNA Credit Card is a pretty decent credit card and since they are associated with the Arsenal football team I can get free tickets to matches. For any soccer/football fan it is a dream come true.

4/15/2008 1:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That first dress from Top Shop is gorgeous! I love the first dress... Its so unique and beautiful...

7/12/2008 7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the dresses are very beautiful and gorgeous....
cool and stylish...

7/22/2008 4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that red clothes....Its so lovely...

9/16/2008 7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that stylish black clothes....

9/22/2008 5:28 PM  
Blogger Bigandtallsuits said...

Actually this a good website.

9/23/2008 1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice article. Window shopping must be enjoyed.
custom crystal

7/09/2009 2:48 PM  
Anonymous Moses said...

Quite useful material, much thanks for this article.
youtube to mp3

11/12/2011 3:22 AM  
Blogger Gutthi said...

Latest Blouse Designs
blouse design

Blouse
Designer Blouse
Blouse Neck designs
Saree Blouse
Blouse Pattern
Designs of Blouse
blouse design photos
blouse design catalogue
blouse design books
blouse designs back side
indian blouse neck designs
blouse designs 2017
simple blouse back designs
designer blouse images
designer blouse pattern catalog
blouse design cutting
blouse designs book 2017
best blouse designs 2017

1/22/2017 1:26 AM  
Blogger Teresa Halminton said...

Have you ever heard of Have you ever heard of celebrity heights - the famous website for searching for celebrities information?
- the famous website for searching for celebrities information?

9/20/2022 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home