January 08, 2008

The Balenciaga Blazers Lookalikes

Hey people, happy new year! We have finally updated the About Us section, so check it out when you have time. Anyways, BG and I love blazers so I simply cannot resist talking about the Balenciaga blazers.

The Balenciaga blazers were the IT items of the FW season. Vogue.co.uk even reported that a woman who was not on the wait-list refused to leave until she was sold one (-crazy much?) It costed 1295 pounds btw. Obviously, the high street stores very quickly started producing lookalikes too. Here a few that I found: (Most of them are from last year so they might not be in stores anymore.)

Zara came out with a super lookalike blazer. So alike infact, that it had to be pulled out of stores after selling it for a short while. It's supposedly the one Blair is wearing in this picture.

This stripe blazer by Top Shop is a pretty good copy too, isn't it? Very cool schoolgirl looking.

More recently, Top Shop came out with this moleskin jacket. This one looks just a bit more classic and less like its part of a schoolgirl outfit, so much more suitable for those aged over say, 22.

Urban Outfitters has always had blazers in their FW Lux collections so it's hard to say whether these are particularly Balenciaga-inspired. Adopting the details from the Balenciaga blazers might sound more correct. Plus UO tends to sell younger and more casual clothes than Zara, so the lookalike factor might be lower, making it less of a trendy item and more long-lasting.

The solid colours of these blazers comehow remind me of the pink Balenciaga one. But it could just be my imagination.

Then there are the blazers where the outer edges are lined with a thick, solid line. Also by Urban Outfitters. Blazers always manage to make a casual outfit look way cooler and structured, don't they?

Has anyone been wearing this trend this season?

Image Credits: www.vogue.co.uk, www.urbanoutfitters.com, www.topshop.com, www.instyle.com

21 Comments:

Blogger Fashion Tidbits said...

definitely!!! my navy blue blazer is getting some major wear this season :)

1/08/2008 8:46 AM  
Blogger a n g e l said...

J.crew had a series of blazers that looked very balenciaga-esque. i have one in black that is a dead ringer for the blue balenciaga with the white trim.

1/08/2008 8:50 AM  
Blogger Emily Rachel said...

I have a question, who makes the pink blazer you have pictured above? It looks like Chanel. If it's not, that means I might actually be able to afford it. Let me know.

1/08/2008 9:52 AM  
Blogger Pink Sun Drops said...

I love blazers! I've always worn them, in style or not... the couple I have though are super casual. I might try one of these more trendy ones!

1/08/2008 10:17 AM  
Blogger aana said...

Blazers make a gr8 fashion statement in women's clothing. They are both comfortable and professional.

1/08/2008 2:59 PM  
Blogger Imelda said...

I just love the blue one! I'm gonna make it myself, cuz it's a little bit too expensive :)

Greetz,
Imelda

1/08/2008 8:15 PM  
Blogger Seeker said...

I love blazers, I've some because sometimes I wear suits.
Blazers can be casual and also dress up, it's a great piece.

1/09/2008 12:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

To my loss, I do not own one, but it's easy to see why everyone else does!

1/09/2008 12:31 AM  
Blogger Anne Corrons said...

I haven't been wearing one of these , but I would love the pink version. It's cute!

1/09/2008 12:56 AM  
Blogger alis said...

emily rachel, the blazers on all of the runway pictures here are from Balenciaga.

anyways, as much as i admire girls pulling this off, i'm always too cunfused about the length, fit, arm length, collar, buttons, what to wear inside it etc. I think the key of the balenciaga look is the fit, notice how tightly fit they are around the waist; they all form an upside down V shaped opening on the bottom.

1/09/2008 2:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I haven't been wearing one of these , but I would love the pink version. It's cute!"

I agree!!

1/09/2008 7:53 AM  
Blogger MissJ said...

i just purchased a velvet H&M blazer and cant wait to rock it. it's an addition to my wardrobe that i will wear for years to come.

1/09/2008 10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wonder what skirt it is that serena is wearing. i feel like ive been looking for a cute pleated plaid mini skirt for years, and i still haven't found one!

1/09/2008 1:43 PM  
Blogger Nico. said...

I bought the purple blaxer from Urban Outfitters about 3 monhs ago and put some fur around the collar, it looks so rad!

1/09/2008 9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peacocks (www.peacocks.co.uk) have a lush one in stock and online! But wear it small - if it fits it's too large!

S xx

1/10/2008 5:40 PM  
Blogger ana fox said...

well, i kind wear just like this last girl, with the stripped shirt and the purple blazer, but mine was something like the shirt has purple stripes, and the other stripes are grey, and the blazer was green - a nice green ok. but people down here in brazil didn't approved it at all.. think i'll show them this article!

1/10/2008 10:29 PM  
Blogger tay said...

http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=outerwear&product%5Fid=2044458441&Page=all

Forever 21 makes an almost exact copy of the Balenciaga.

1/11/2008 6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooo... i loves the black one with the thick ship-captian-like buttons on 'em.

1/12/2008 10:09 PM  
Blogger Dropsofglamour said...

I absolutely adore the urban outfitters purple pinstriped one with the thick black edge. BTW does anyone know where to get a similar cardigan to the one serena/blake is wearing?

1/13/2008 1:43 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

You missed the J. Crew one!

1/13/2008 1:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those blazers are spectacular! I like the ones from Balenciaga better, but all of the blazers i would wear in a heartbeat.

1/13/2008 3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home