December 18, 2007

ANTM Cycle 9- Spoiler!

For once I actually managed to watch the ANTM finale without knowing who actually won. It was that much more exciting and fun to watch. So yes, I am now going to talk about the finale and who won etc etc. Don't say I didn't warn you!
Overall, I thought the quality of girls this season was better than the last and that they were in general more likeable. There was really nothing much to complain about, it was a decent round of ANTM. Not terribly compelling but not horrible either. I DO love the fact that they went to China though. China looked really pretty, exotic and fun through their lense. I've only personally been to Shanghai once a few years back (well..maybe 5) and didn't quite get the vibe that they portrayed...maybe its time I go back again!
I thought the final runway for Qi Gang in this exotic palace next to the Forbidden City (is that what they said?) was very awesome with the dancers on stilts etc. It was all very oriental and grand. Though maybe the whole entourage thing following Tyra down the runway to her throne was a bit too much..... Qi Gang's dresses were also really gorgeous in an oriental couture sort of way. I especially loved the grey dress Chantal wore on her second run!
Judging from over all performance, I do think that Saleisha was the right choice between the two finalists. I mean, both girls were there for the right reasons, both were very loveable and both took very good pictures and all, but Saleisha clearly rocked the runway. Even minus the tripping the stilts guy with her dress incident, Chantal's walk wasn't that inspiring. Random thought: doesn't Saleisha look like a model even before her makeover? Though I think her new hairstyle is very cute. It took her a while to grow into it, but she eventually did. I wish I can carry that off without looking like a mushroom head.....Oh and you got to admire her make up application. In some scenes in the show, she totally had huge eye bags. But she covers it up so well. What did Tyra say? Brown eye liner on bottom lid?
Saleisha's continuously good photos. I loved the jumping one at the Great Wall, she really went out of the box there. The only one I didn't like was probably her Garden of Eve one, which had really dead eyes.
Besides her catwalk, I think I was secretly vouching for Chantal, just because she's soo cute and I like her personality just a teensy bit more. She also did a better job in the Covergirl commercial.
I loved the dragon dance photo shoot. The colors were just so exuberant and she just looked so edgy here.
Then there was Jenah who came out third. It really was too bad about her misunderstood personality. She indeed takes very very gorgeous pictures- I especially love how she looks in this rock climbing one. I thought her come around speech in the judging room about why she's misunderstood was also very eloquent and well done. Too bad her competition was just too strong.
Now here is a girl that I cannot believe lasted for so long. I thought she did a good job at the Go See's and was very professional and really wanted this. But to be honest, I just didn't like her look. I don't mean to be mean or anything, but I just didn't think any of her pictures made her look very good (edgy wise or pretty wise) no matter how much make up, super photography, angles and photoshop applied. She looks kind of....scary manly.
And then there was Heather. Ah Heather. There was no question that she was amazingly pretty and effortlessly took beautiful pictures (if only we all had this gift). And it is indeed very brave and incredible that she was able to overcome her Asperger Syndrome in this competition. But I thought in the end, she really just couldn't handle the stress of being in the competition. Especially when she had so much trouble with the Go Sees and getting along with the girls. The modeling world and the fashion industry really don't cut anyone any slack.

Other random thoughts. I can't believe that Ebony just gave up like that and she really DID have an attitude problem no matter how much she said she was misunderstood...Hmm what else is there to say about the show this season... there really isn't much. As I said, it was a "not bad" season. None of the photoshoots were terribly exciting, but then maybe I am just getting jaded after having seen 9 seasons of this show and the countless photoshoots.

Maybe it is time to make a graceful exit Tyra. 10 seems like a nice complete number.

Image Source:
CW

30 Comments:

Blogger alien man?! said...

It's going to be at least another 2 seasons before I get tired of this show, so let's not jinx it, pls ;) I was sad to see Heather go because I was impressed with how far she had gone. I think she made the season very interesting, but you're right. At the end, she just wasn't able to handle the increasing pressure.

I also agree about Bianca looking mannish in her photos. It's funny cuz, outside of shoots, she seems to have a pretty face, but on the shoots, her butch personality seems to shine through. Gawd, I could not stand that girl.

I loved Jenah! I actually liked her original hair color more, though.

12/19/2007 3:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Olá, que tal colocar um tradutor no seu blog? É só uma sugestão (I am brazilian, I don't speak english)Me deu um trabalhão traduzir seu blog, mas gostei demais, muito bom os textos, você gostaria de fazer parceria? Eu te linko e você me linka, se tiver interesse, visite meu blog e deixe um recado, um super beijo!
www.luxoseluxos.blogspot.com

12/19/2007 3:44 AM  
Blogger Seeker said...

Well, I can say nothing, I don't watch them :(

12/19/2007 5:05 AM  
Blogger Patent Shoes && Rants said...

ANTM is my favorite show. Sadly I didn't get to see this season since I have many things to do on Wed.
Chantal was one of my favorites, alongside Heather. I don't like Celiesha's haircut.

Jenna was good as well.

(I watched some of the season, but I used to be a religious watcher.)

xoxoxoxo

12/19/2007 5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was hoping for Chantal too.

12/19/2007 8:18 AM  
Blogger Unforgettable said...

I liked both of them a lot. Sometimes Saleisha's confidence got a little annoying, but overall she seemed nice. I actually grew to like Bianca because she definitely started out defensive and awfully mean, but she seemed a lot more cheerful later on until the mall challenge. I also thought Jenah was awesome. Her sarcasm was funny I thought. Heather definitely irritated me after about halfway through the show because she was just so blahhhh. Oh my gosh and Ebony was so annoying! She looked like such a ditz and airhead whenever they talked to her. Oh and do you remember Sarah? She was the "plus size" model. Honestly, I never even realized she was plus size until they brought it up.
Oh and for shameful advertisement check out my blog: tobeunforgettable.blogspot.com
haha <3

12/19/2007 10:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

finally. antm picked the model i thought was the best.

12/19/2007 11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard the winner should've been disqualified because she was a model to begin with and a friend of tyras..

12/19/2007 12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wanted heather to last longer!
the girl that came third (forget her name) was SO mean to heather in many episodes. Tyra usually plays this up so much and "talks" to the girls and whatever for added drama but nothing at all this time.

The girl in 3rd was a bitch but somehow i didn't hate her??? Loved the other two of course :D

12/19/2007 1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this cycle was probably one of the best in terms of having girls who actually look like models. unfortunately, i was SUPER disappointed with the outcome. i feel like out of the top 3, it should have been jenah or chantal. i felt for jenah, she honestly had no chance with tyra and nigel's obvious disdain for her and their love for saleisha. chantal, to me, had more versatility than saleisha, and her personality was gorgeous.

disappointed with saleisha as the winner, but i guess she's better than bianca.

and ps i LOVED heather. amazing girl.

12/19/2007 5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chantal should have won but saleisha was good too, just didnt like her new hair.
heard she won cause she went to tyra's boot camp and had an advantage.
but honestly, this show is getting too draggy and boring.

12/19/2007 7:09 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12/19/2007 10:24 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I did not like Saliesha's make-over at all...she looked much prettier with her longer hair.

I wanted Heather or Jenah to win:-/

12/19/2007 10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm done with Top Model. It's all fake.

Not only was Saleisha in Tyra's camp for girls, but she was on a fashion show on the tyra show and on a previous cycle of top model. Not to mention, Tyra gave her a false last name to try to help hid it all. Ridiculous.

TV is so fake.

12/20/2007 2:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am afraid to say that I do not watch television *or* live in the US so ANTM is an unknown world for me, but how interesting that the finale was in China - chic, chic China these days, with the Fendi show on the Great Wall, Vogue China coming out last year...

Great to have come across this blog by the way - definitely bookmarking it!

Passementerie

12/20/2007 4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just a note..."oriental" is a term considered to be rather offensive to a lot of people. "asian" is the proper term to use.

12/20/2007 4:32 AM  
Blogger VickyL said...

This is totally off topic, but I was wondering what you think about fashionable headwear? Remember when SJP went to Brady's baptism and she "sprung for the hat?" Well, I am totally seeing that look on the runway and on celebrities this year. I even have a really fabulous headband that I bought from H&M in the summer anticipating that I would someday have a fabulous reason to wear it. But my question is, what do you wear it with? Even on celebrities they only show headshots, but I think the key thing here is to figure out how to wear it with your outfit so it fits in and you don't look ridiculous... Or is that the whole point?

- Glamour Girl NYC

12/20/2007 5:44 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

Yeah, Saleisha was already a model.

12/20/2007 11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel that out of the top five, heather was the best and then jenah. They took the best pics, and jenah definatly had the best walk.

All of heather's pictures were gorgeous. I think that she can handle the stress. In the real world, even if people are mean on the job, girls go back to the agencies who take care of them. In the show, nobody supported the girls. Heather would definately make it in the real world. Especially if she didnt go on ANTM first.

For Jenah, she had the best poses. Remember the paper shot, the wall climbing shot and the garden shots. All incredible. I think she could've worked on her hair and appearence, but i dont think her personality was bad at all.

As for saleisha, she only won becuase she was in tyra's camp. She has had experience modeling and has been in a commercial before but she still sucks. Her neck is too short and her body is not toned. Furthermore her great wall picture sucked. she looks awkward and ugly in it. You can see what terrible shape her legs are in as well. Her rubber recycling picture is nothing special, her gargoyle picture was horrendous and her personality sucks.

http://fourfour.typepad.com/fourfour/antm/index.html

besides having an awesome cat, this guy sums it up really well. YOu also get to see vids of saleisha before antm.

12/20/2007 12:36 PM  
Blogger kelsea said...

i REALLY wished chantal would win...no offense but i really dont like saleisha. she takes terrible photographs and has this weird nose. but other than the win the show was awesome this time... i love the challenges and photo shoots.

1/03/2008 5:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted Chantal to win, personally, but I thought that they were all beautiful girls. I liked how Jenah came out about the hardships of her childhood and raising her sister(s?). The only girls that I did'nt like were Ebony and Heather. Heather was just plain annoying, and i know that she had Ausbergers, but I thought that she played on that a bit much. Ebony was mean, and she quit. I would have had it like this:
1: Chantal
2: Jenah
3: Saleshia
4: Ambreal

1/04/2008 3:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think chantal is totally cute, but her eyes are really dead.

1/04/2008 7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEATHER! she had her share of problems but COME ON! i mistake and she out like...(dammit can't think of a simile)
ANyways, I liked that Saleshia(is that her name) won. Go team!

1/05/2008 4:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

See my weekly recaps on cycle 9 posted on HONEY! Can't wait for cycle 10!

1/06/2008 11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

" "just a note..."oriental" is a term considered to be rather offensive to a lot of people. "asian" is the proper term to use." "

Actually, "asian" is how you refer to a person. It's about ethnicity. "Oriental" refers to objects, like a style. Such as an oriental rug.

3/02/2009 8:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

America's Next Top Model Cycle 9 was the ninth cycle of America's Next Top Model and the third season of the series to be aired on The CW network. This cycle's promotional tagline was "The Future Of Fashion." The promotional song was "Shut Up and Drive" by Rihanna.
jumping stilts

5/31/2010 1:41 PM  
Anonymous Ezra said...

Thanks for your post, quite worthwhile material.
varicose veins causes | Toronto Canada weather | Seder Plate

11/23/2011 9:00 PM  
Anonymous Charles said...

Very useful material, much thanks for the article.
South carolina tourism | male sex dolls | how to sell home

12/17/2011 5:45 AM  
Anonymous Adrian said...

Thanks for this post, pretty effective piece of writing.
wedding flower arrangements centerpieces | high school diploma online | best cable and internet packages

1/25/2012 9:51 PM  
Anonymous slither io said...

Interesting article! Thank you for sharing them! I hope you will continue to have similar posts to share with everyone! I believe a lot of people will be surprised to read this article!

4/04/2017 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home