January 20, 2008

Sleeping Before 1a.m.


At the beginning of January, BG and I evaluated our New Years Eve celebration on the phone. (We like to evaluate all our activities in great detail. Sometimes our talks are even longer than the actual events!) Then we decided to set out our new year's resolution. Reading back on my 2007 resolutions, I cannot imagine what I was thinking back then so this year, I wanted the resolutions to be beneficial and somewhat achieveable. I think I should admit here that I write new year's resolutions mostly for the fun of it and not 100% because I spend my whole year slaving over them.

So anyways, I suggested one of my last year's resolution for both BG and me, but we modified it: "Aim to sleep before 1a.m. -For the nights I'm not out." I added the last remark to make it realistically achieveable. And it's not like I'm out much anyways, so it's ok.

Usually I'm not one to broadcast my resolutions, but since I think some of you out there might benefit from it, I thought I would share it and maybe you would consider it too. I take skincare pretty seriously. After washing my face at night, I always put on eye moisturiser, (I'm currently using the two in the picture above.) And while this may seem like the norm to many of you, I know people who actually don't use eye moisturiser. Anyways, so in the past few years, I usually go to bed from 2am-6am -not exactly healthy. There are always emails to check, youtube to watch, Facebook to stalk (uh hum, BG,) random sites to surf, books to read...... You get my point.
And while it was totally fine and not os obvious when I was younger, I've noticed that when I sleep very late now, the skin around my eyes have starting to age. Think dark circles, puffy eyebags and most scarily, fine lines. So in an attempt to stop all these from happening so soon (-I'm not that old!), I have decided to really try sleeping before 1, or erm, maybe at 2.
What are your beauty-related New Year resolutions?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every Year I've always had one of those 'lose weight' resolutions. Which i follow religiously for maybe four months and then forget about. This year i changed it to 'Eat Healthy Foods' and 'Gain Muscle Tone' As both seem easier to achieve and are two smaller goals. My only other beauty related resolution was to do my complete skincare routine twice daily instead of once, so i guess it sort of ties in.

Much love
xx

1/20/2008 7:31 AM  
Blogger EvaAmarri said...

Hey u have a great blog. Would u like to link?

1/20/2008 8:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I guess it's common sense, but I read somewhere that people who sleep more in the day are way more productive when they are awake than people who stay up all the time...

Like if you take a nap during the day... like 30mins to maybe 2 hrs, you feel like a whole new person.

As far as beauty resolutions...
I'm not a big makeup person, so I just want to be smart with the products I buy (clinique) and make sure that I try it out before I invest in it.I just basically want to ease myself into a quick and easy makeup routine for the day, especially since I dont' really know how to put it on. lol

1/20/2008 10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lose weight, get toned, exercise more - as every year. This year, though, I really want to be serious about this. I've become so awfully aware of the impact that the wrong food and my lifestyle have on my body.

1/20/2008 11:34 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

I'm following Knikki's way of thinking and trying to nap more often...
Seeing as I don't seem to sleep that much during the nite anymore I think a little beauty sleep every other afternoon might do me some good!

x

1/21/2008 1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mine are:

eat healthy foods.. ie no red meat and veggies chock full of vitamins
and watch the afi's top 100 films :-)

1/21/2008 11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have the EXACT same problem (bed @ 2am-6am), and the exact same resolution!!

1/21/2008 12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe, my new years resolution was pretty much the same except I decided to take it one step further - go to bed before midnight! I used to stay up until 5am or so and now since 1st of january I've been in bed at around midnight.. a couple of times a little past but still. It's working - for now.

Oh and other resolutions were; excersice more, work harder, socialize more, and last but not least... save the world.

=)

1/21/2008 9:08 PM  
Blogger alis said...

the not-sleeping-at-night seems like a common issue. i dont know how the days go by, I always find myself excersizing at 2 am, which is SO unhealthy. so I wanna keep the excersize but move it to a more decent hour. Also I'm sort of obsessed with trying not to gain back all the weight I lost last year.

1/21/2008 11:52 PM  
Anonymous Isidore said...

Well, I don't really think it may have success.
arra hitech act | lawyers in dallas | pensacola florida real estate | rt to rn bridge program | insurance auctions cars

11/02/2011 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home