August 30, 2007

Teen Choice Awards 2007 Fashion

Hey people, so sorry for the uber late posts. I'm at my aunt's house in San Francisco at the moment and the internet connection is sort of wacky here. (Thankfully BG posted for me yesterday!) I'll talk about last week's LA in the next two days, but first, the Teen Choice Awards! OK, so the fashion there was so boring and uninspiring that I wasn't even going to blog about it but staying in the States for a week has turned me into paprazzi-obsessed (temporarily hopefully,) so I'm going to blog about it anyway.

Hilary Duff -She was the co-host so you will notice that she had more than one outfit. I quite like her wearing this Corey Lynn Calter black, sequined dress, although it feels more nightime than daytime.
Hilary's other two outfits were very 'her'. I like her in the blue and black sequined dress, and so-and-so about green jeans. What I don't like about her is her hair! What happened to those classy locks? What is up with the gradient-coloured hair?
I may like Avril's music but I'm really not a fan of her clothes. I used to like it when she kept it simple with jeans/ pants with tank tops, but now her clothes (and pink hair) are just, for a lack of better words, not cool. Actually I suppose this outfit isn't too bad, but it would have looked much nicer if her hair was just left straight down.

I've never liked Fergie's clothes so I'll just say here that her grey heels don't match her polka dot dress.
Lauren and Audrina -Kind of typical choices for them, but they could have chosen cuter dresses. Audrina's dress is too nighttime clubbing-ish, and Lauren's is just not as fun as her usual choices. (Lauren's dress is from her upcoming collection.)
Jessica Alba's dress is really nothing special, but seriously, that girl can make anything look amazing. Jessica not surprisingly, won the female hottie award. I really want to watch her new movie, Good Luck Chuck!
Emmy Rossum is finally not in a boring long dress, but I don't really like her dress here either. The pink looks great on her, but maybe the way the fabric is draped on her just isn't that cute? Or maybe adding a thin belt around her waist would have added more shape to the dress.
Wow, Sophia Bush looked amazing in a hard-to-wear Herve Leger dress. I love her playful dress with that cute but proper hairstyle. I guess she had to look good, afterall, she won three awards!
Vanessa Hudgens -The dress really suits her, except the clutch doesn't match the dress. OK, I accidently watched two minutes of High School Musical 2 this afternoon, and I don't get why they are so popular! True, they do seem talented (which is not a given in Hollywood these days,) but what is so fun watching a bunch of kids sing on tv? I suppose musical is only cool to me if it's live.
Since I really have no interest in men's fashion, Zac Efron (who won male hottie) is obviously here for eyecandy. He always looks a bit too photoshopped (or madeup?) for my taste, but hey, eyecandy is eyecandy. Enjoy!
What did you think of everybody's dresses?

40 Comments:

Blogger admin said...

zac looks pretty good. but he always seems to wear a lot of makeup!

but everyone looks okay. nothing standout or spectacular. well maybe sophia bush.

8/29/2007 4:50 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

i love sophia bush's dress

8/29/2007 5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love zac's outfit.. lol maybe coz of the smart vest + tshirt do-up.

8/29/2007 6:05 PM  
Blogger E said...

Does anyone know who designed Hilary's black&blue sequined dress? I've seen the same one on Lindsay Lohan and I loved it so much. Seen something similar at asos as well but that dress's blue was awful... So who created the original??

8/29/2007 7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the turquoise jeans are cuter than the outdated leggings and tunic. Also, the yellow dress with the white shoes looks dumpy, like something someone unstylish would wear. Avril's sort of preppy look is cute. The grey heels are totally fine!

8/29/2007 10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sophia Bush ftw.

8/29/2007 11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice outfits for sure, and good pics. But for some reason, young models creep me out a little.

Davio
Hot Togs - Fashion News

8/29/2007 11:37 PM  
Blogger Weekly Blogette said...

funny i too have a problem with emmys dress. it is not flattering in the least, and emmy is a thin girl! a dress should not do that really.
p.s.check out my blog?

8/29/2007 11:38 PM  
Blogger emsie said...

jessica alba looks beautiful, as usual. sophia's dress looks great on her.

x

8/30/2007 12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thing about highschool musical is the hilarity of it, it's like snakes on a plane. you watch it only to laugh at it. hence, you watch it with friends while drinking :)

8/30/2007 12:31 AM  
Blogger Daphne said...

sophia bush and lauren conrad look gorgeous! jessica alba is always beautiful she can't help it!
cool post!x


http://angelinchanel.blogspot.com/

8/30/2007 12:33 AM  
Blogger Harrods Girl said...

Orsolya Ott -I think the black and blue sequined dress is by Alice + Olivia. (Not 100% sure though!)

8/30/2007 12:48 AM  
Blogger Tulz said...

OMG I didn't realise you were in SF and LA. I'm in LA till tonight...been here for the past 2 weeks doing nothing. We could have hung out :(

8/30/2007 1:14 AM  
Blogger Aclaesxiesy said...

DUDE!!!

I hate Hilary Duff... bleugh...
I dig that Vanessa chicks dress though... but i dont pretend to know much about fashion

Totaly agree on the HSM2 thing... the hype is sooo not worth it

8/30/2007 4:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't like the style of Avril Lavigne AT ALL. Boooring and uncool. And jessica alba, I totally agree, she looks fabulous, she knows how to keep it simple and look perfect

8/30/2007 4:43 AM  
Blogger Renai said...

Does Avril ever update her look? Ever? Seriously?

8/30/2007 5:14 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Sophie Bush looked gorgeous, but Jessica Alba kind of looked like an old lady.

8/30/2007 5:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked Jessica Alba, Vanessa, and even fergie! i love her! hilarry was ok... and i think the same about High School Musical... What's the point?

8/30/2007 7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Jessica Alba for the simple dress and Sophia Bush for being so in the trend dress.
Emmy Rosum dress seems to be a bit out though!

8/30/2007 8:53 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Sophia Bush looked amazing, and i really like the way the dark red tone of her hair matches the red shoes. And all together are perfect with the dress!

I also like Hillary's first dress. I am not so sure about the sandals though, i would prefer simpler ones...

8/30/2007 2:04 PM  
Blogger FiddleWiz said...

Maybe it's just me? But the "fashionable" things that the Hollywood stars wear are sometimes... well... they don't look so good, you know what I mean? True, there were some in here that looked pretty good. But sometimes I wonder how great these ladies would look if they just put on a pair of cute, old blue jeans and a tank top or some sort of cute top. Instead of trying out all these new looks by combining things that, in my opinion, just don't work.... and then wanting people to think they look amazing. *shrug*

8/31/2007 5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 words ZAC LOOKS HOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! 'nuff said!

8/31/2007 8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zac i so hot nuff said

8/31/2007 8:26 AM  
Blogger Ellenmarie said...

i am personally a fan of hilary, but her outfits were so bad. i couldnt believe them when i saw them on tv. green jeans? i think i bought a pair of those at gap when i was 5, they also had an elastic waste band.

9/01/2007 6:13 AM  
Blogger Trost said...

I really didn't like Vanessas dress or clutch! It was really ugly. Both the outfit together and as individual pieces.
It's funny that shes chosen such a long, baggy dress. Id thought she'd like to show off some skin, with all the nude pictures of her thats soon gonna be on the internet!

http://boards.teenvogue.com/thread.jspa?threadID=133484&tstart=0

9/01/2007 6:39 PM  
Blogger E said...

Thanks a lot, Harrods Girl! :)

http://www.gonzoaboutstyle.blogspot.com

9/03/2007 12:46 AM  
Blogger Ronnie Cheung said...

Avril's outfit is seriously boring.. i mean..you already expect her to wear something like that right? the plaid skirt..sneakers.. pulled back fringe...

9/03/2007 12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. I was never a fan of Avril and Fergie's wardrobe. There's a fine line between unique and just plain weird. Sophia Bush pulled that dress off very, very well. It's not so easy to rock a dress like that. Jessica Alba's dress was cute and Summery to me. She looked great in it, and I agree: I wasn't surprised when she won Choice Hottie--again.

9/03/2007 11:08 PM  
Blogger Sunny said...

I love Hilary duff. At least she doesn't have to flash us to get attention. I respect her for that. I am a pink hair lover myself and I think it looks good on avril but I do think we are just used to seeing her in jeans, therefore jeans seem to look better for her personality.

9/04/2007 3:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think hilary in the corey lynn dress and lauren and audrina looked really good when can u start buying lauren conrads clothing line??

9/04/2007 7:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sophia's dress looks gorgeous..her hair stly perfectly fits her dress and her red shoes is a perfect match for her hair style.Nice psot..keep posting.

9/11/2007 1:07 AM  
Blogger Fashion Tidbits said...

I'm afraid none of the outfits were that great, the only one who shined was Zac Efron, lol

9/11/2007 1:19 AM  
Blogger Shriya said...

i like what zac is wearing, and not just like him.

and alba's shoes.

aaand................thats it.
:P this stuff = not good.

9/14/2007 9:49 AM  
Blogger Q said...

I hate HSM. They're really not that talented. I was in the onstage version, and the majority of the cast was under 10 years old. And-surprise!-we were better than the original cast, which really isn't hard to do, if you think about it...

9/25/2007 4:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that's HOT dude...
try this one too...
Sexy asian Pic
Enjoy it

3/20/2008 12:42 PM  
Blogger Gabi said...

There aren´t a lot of fashion crimes here, burt Jessica Albe shoes make me vomit

3/22/2008 6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who ever wrote the thing about Fergie is just really STUPID AND JEALOUS AND AN IDIOT!!!!!!! no one even cares if she doesn't match!! i bet who ever wrote that NEVER MATCHES EITHER!!! YOU STUPID DUMB BITCH!!!!!!!!! DO NOT EVER TALK ABOUT Fergie LIKE THAT AGAIN!!!! STUPID IDIOT!!!!!!!! YOU ARE SOOOOO STUPID!!!!!!!!!

5/28/2008 9:39 AM  
Anonymous Gabriel said...

Pretty worthwhile data, lots of thanks for your post.
windows security | denver ford dealership | Connecticut Home Refinancing | california state contractors | water damage repair

11/02/2011 1:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

chrome hearts
nike outlet store online shopping
chrome hearts online
nike polo shirts
hermes belt
nike air max
adidas nmd
fenty puma
lebron 15
nike zoom

3/22/2018 11:32 AM  
Blogger اثاث said...



صيانة

ثلاجات كريازى


صيانة

غسالات كريازى


صيانة فيليبس

صيانة ثلاجات

فيليبس


صيانة غسالات

فيليبس


صيانة ميتاج

صيانة ثلاجات

ميتاج


صيانة غسالات

ميتاج


صيانة كلفينيتور

صيانة ثلاجات كلفينيتور

10/19/2022 2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home