September 14, 2006

New York Spring/Summer 2007 Wrapup III

Marc by Marc Jacobs
I can't believe I'm still excited to see new SS07 collections after seeing so many already, but I am -and that's mostly because Marc's clothes are just so loveable! I love how wearable this collection is, (but then again, the Marc collections are almost always wearable.) And like yesterday's Marc Jacobs collection, I love the colours. I'm so excited I can't stop gushing about the clothes. OK, moving on...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This first outfit got me worried the whole collection would look too mature and office-like, but thank goodness it wasn't. (Right) The shift dress continues into the next season.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
You will notce that many of the clothes of this season seem very similar of the clothes from the last two collections. The puffy sleeves, the bags......
But the colour palette has actually changed a bit. The colour palette of this Marc collection is very similar to yesterday's Marc Jacobs collection: white, blobs of yellow and blue, and lots of shades of neautrals.
Dresses continue to be a big thing.
Belts were also featured quite often in this collection. I love how a belted cardigan (or any belted tops) pulls together an outfit so well. And I love the silverish purple dress on the right -it's sooo pretty!

Marchesa

This is one debut show we've all been waiting for. Ever since I saw Mischa Barton in a gorgeous long grey gown by Marchesa awhile ago, I can't stop oohing and ahhing everytime I see a celeb wearing Marchesa. And if you've seen photos of the two designers, Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig, then you'll notice that they are always fabulously dressed themselves too. These gowns are just too pretty:
Almost all the gowns in this collection had oh-so-romantic roses, and all the models glowed on the runway in Christian Louboutin pumps.
There were short dresses. I really like the dress on the right -it's so glam and sparkly.
And there were long dresses. It's stunning how the long fabrics move around the models and seem so light.

Narciso Rodriguez

Rodriguez's collection continues to be minimalistic and his signature cuts prominant.
At first glance, I thought this was such a fantastic simple outfit, but when I looked at the details, I was even more impressed.
The main cuts througout this collection. I love how he incorporates patent leather in his clothes.
*Sigh* Such lovely, stylishly clean-cut clothes. Wouldn't it be so nice to wear these clothes to work? (But not the long dresses of course.)

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm loving NY fashion week! The Marc by Marc Jacob shoes are great, and I think I like this one much more than his main line. I was very impressed by the cut on the Narciso Rodriguez tops too. Not too keen about the Marchesa dresses though. A bit too similar to their last collection for me. Maybe I'm just not a big fan of the roses.

9/14/2006 3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stopping by for the first time... love your header, very pretty.

I think the Lim collection is my favorite (oh! and Lhullier, incredible!)

Take care :)

9/14/2006 7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lots of interesting ideas in the M by MJ line--thanks for posting those. I like the easy, relaxed feeling of these outfits.

9/14/2006 12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marc does amazingly well as usual... i am IN LOVE with the firs long dress...

9/14/2006 12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Manchesa dresses are indeed gorgeous -- right amount of elegance and simplicity with tiny bits of uniqueness. I had never heard of this design team before, thanks!

9/14/2006 10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can totally see myself going to work with the first outfit, i'm starting to lean more towards skirts for work just to vary from the boring black slacks all the time, as always cute site.

9/15/2006 12:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I really like the silver ombre dress in the 5th pic!

9/15/2006 11:56 AM  
Blogger *** said...

Ok, I'm sure someone's going to want me dead for saying this, but does anyone else find some of Marc Jacob's dresses totally unflattering to the figure. I mean, there's the fashion of art, and then there's the art of fashion. Sometimes I think Marc Jacobs is too much of the former. I loved the Marchesa dresses though. To die for!
<3,
Gigi

9/16/2006 11:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...


this blog is really helpful. i found very interesting things here.
fan movie 1st day EXPECTED box office collection
fan movie friday box office collection predictions
fan movie first day box office collection
ind vs pak match ticket booking online ww.bookmyshow.com
happy mothers day quotes 2016

2/19/2016 6:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

easter bunny Images

Happy Easter Wallpapers

Happy Mothers Day wallpapers

Happy Mothers Day pictures

Mothers Day Quotes

cbse 10th result

3/06/2016 8:34 PM  
Blogger Mother's Day said...

Advance Friendship day Cards
Advance Friendship day Cards
Friendship day Cards
Unique friendship day cards
Friendship Day Greetings
Friendship Day Wishes

7/17/2016 3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home