September 09, 2006

Simple Tees

Feeling casual the other day, I looked for the classic t-shirt and jeans combo in my closet (since summer I've rarely gone this path)- and suddenly realised how lacking I was in t shirts! I have like three acceptable t shirts in my wardrobe. The others were all too dressy or were leftover from my days of branded tees (thank god I grew out of that). Whatever happened to nice simple graphic tees?
So I went on a look out for it, and came across these gorgeous graphic ones from Dior and Karl Lagerfeld. I love the graphics, its so feminine yet cool.
For something cuter, try these Marc by Marc Jacobs tees. I love the city landscape one cause its just so me, but I don't really understand the little girl in the shark mouth. . .
Something simple, cool and slightly gothic, Chloe and See by Chloe has these two graphic tees.
I am not much of a rocker chick, but these two shirts from Morhpine Generation (available at ShopBop)makes me want to be one. Not only do they look cool alone, but it'll look awesome under a blazer too!
The while heels (and legs) on the red tee from Paul Frank and the music notes tee from Urban Outfitters is just great fun.

And strangky, I kind of like these two tees from Urban Outfitters with the sillohuettes and the subtly victorian gothic thing going on. Its very interesting.

And why does Urban Outiftters and Chip & Pepper not make tees for my uni?

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ordered the red tee with the legs from Urban outfitters and was not impressed when it arrived and was hot pink and the legs were silver. Its still cute but doesn't pop as much.
If I lived in the US and returns were easy I probably would have sent it back.

9/09/2006 1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

edun makes really great ones too...

9/09/2006 2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one with the girl in the 'shark's' mouth is little Red Riding Hood and the wolf I do believe.

9/09/2006 2:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to wear the school Uni ones from Urban Outfitters, but I'm still in high school... I'm just wondering if they'd look too poseursish...

I love the Marc citscapes one, I was just looking at it recently. Trovata makes some cute ones too! :)

9/09/2006 3:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out Smashing Grandpa tees...the are a twist on the classic tee with a different body...bubble sleeves, ballet neck, lace up arms, etc,...

9/09/2006 4:50 AM  
Blogger Dani said...

Love the Dior and Karl Lagerfeld.

9/09/2006 5:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I the only one who doesn't like graphic tees?

9/09/2006 6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the exact same problem. None of my t-shirts were nice. These are awesome.

9/09/2006 9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just after reading this posting, I stood up and headed up to my closet. Surprisingly, I have exactly the same problem as you did. How come I don't have more than 5 casual t-shirts???!! I mean, I live in a tropical country which requires me to have at least a dozen of this kind of t-shirt?
The problem is,,nowadays, boutiques and stores in my country are no longer selling cute t-shirts like you posted. They mostly sell something that are overdressed or just too branded.
Good to hear that people also have the same problem!

9/09/2006 4:34 PM  
Blogger Frapp said...

I hardly have any casual T-shirts, I really need some! I might just buy some of those...

9/09/2006 9:53 PM  
Blogger K. said...

I love graphic tees but I dont think I'd ever spend the money on a designer one like Dior or Lagerfield- cuz most tees are made in cotton, right? I love the grey one from Morphine Generation- Balenciaga SS06 influence, no?

9/09/2006 10:45 PM  
Blogger Lady Apple said...

love the first red tee! it's great!

9/10/2006 4:33 AM  
Blogger LovaGirl said...

I would totally spend on a tshirt by Lagerfeld..They're very comfortable and they look tres chic!

9/11/2006 2:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, the girl in shark one is little red riding hood in the wolf's mouth.

oo- an i do lurrvvvvvve the city skyline from Marc by Marc Jacobs. love the site btw



and did anybody see fashion rocks the other night?

9/11/2006 3:25 AM  
Blogger milkpeony said...

Check out smoking lily's prints. Their T's are american apparel, but their prints are dynamite!

www.smokinglily.com > I've been a fan for years.

PS; I love your blog. xo.

9/11/2006 11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they look pretty good...

9/11/2006 3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If anyone is looking for simple but effective t's to wear with jeans, then may be they should look no further than Gap. My favourite t from Gap is the simple grey one that not only goes with my jeans, but I can use under a nice dark suit for work in the summer.

9/12/2006 5:55 PM  
Blogger JoĆ«lle Diderich said...

I love the Lagerfeld T but it costs $185 at Colette in Paris...Boo!

9/12/2006 7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this isn't very relevant but i think the model in the urban outfitter sillohuette tshirt on the left is Brianna from 8th and ocean.

9/14/2006 3:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are truly unique and dynamic urban tees. I especially like the simple designs. When I shop for my boyfriend I also like to look for Urban Tees. This is a great post. Keep them coming. I especially like the Harvard tee being that I am a grad..Shout out to all Alum.

6/30/2010 7:34 AM  
Anonymous Esmond said...

Gosh, there is a great deal of effective info here!
Coq Au Vin (Chicken in Wine)

12/08/2011 3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home